PDA

View Full Version : Fish and Chips?

ms rae
17th January 2008, 22:45
Are British people particular about the food they eat? Is Fish and Chips really THAT popular in the UK? What food can be considered originally English? :D

rosstrtco
17th January 2008, 23:00
Are British people particular about the food they eat? Is Fish and Chips really THAT popular in the UK? What food can be considered originally English? :D

you need to get out more girl :D

only joking fish and chips there the best, a good fry up and roast beef o and walkers salt and vinegar crisps mmm gotta go i,am hungry know

chino
18th January 2008, 00:37
once a week job... (F&C) but they are great not like F&C in PI

KeithD
18th January 2008, 01:23
I'm gagging for a real fry up after a week of USA hotel breakfast :bigcry:

walesrob
18th January 2008, 09:26
I'm gagging for a real fry up after a week of USA hotel breakfast :bigcry:

I've heard American breakfast is quite filling and not particulary healthy.

KeithD
18th January 2008, 14:31
I've heard American breakfast is quite filling and not particulary healthy.

I couldn't care less, I only usually have a banana at home.....monkey food :cwm24:

20 Rounds of fried bread, 4 eggs, bacon, sausage, and custard :omg:

They have biscuits & gravy for breakfast here....it is actually a scone covered in crap :doh

LadyJ
18th January 2008, 17:07
They are also loves kebabs..:Cuckoo:

melmart
18th January 2008, 19:46
its not only fish and chips but there are more like traditional english breakfast oh lovely one of the best breakfast! roast and vegetables with lots of gravy mmmm....sausage and mash very nice but very fattening well all of them are anyway but all delicious!!!

andypaul
18th January 2008, 20:17
They are also loves kebabs..:Cuckoo:

If you go to a proper kebab shop they are delicous and many Phills i know love them. The rough and ready kebab takeaways are another thing:Help1:

Fish and chips you can't beat.

British have loads of wonderful food and like all countries plenty of regional dishes and versions.

If i went to a mall in manila i would think phill food eeww just as i do in the UK high street. Both countries the best food is that cooked in homes or in cafes or resturants with an expereienced cook not fast food junk

LadyJ
18th January 2008, 20:27
If you go to a proper kebab shop they are delicous and many Phills i know love them. The rough and ready kebab takeaways are another thing:Help1:

Fish and chips you can't beat.

British have loads of wonderful food and like all countries plenty of regional dishes and versions.

If i went to a mall in manila i would think phill food eeww just as i do in the UK high street. Both countries the best food is that cooked in homes or in cafes or resturants with an expereienced cook not fast food junk

I agree!

hmmm I loves roasts specially roast lamb and dcuk!:icon_lol:

andypaul
18th January 2008, 20:31
In phill when you get asked do you want a phill or american breakfast why do they would you like bacon or sausage or ham? Im british its a cooked brekkie i want the lot musssh.

rosstrtco
18th January 2008, 20:39
In phill when you get asked do you want a phill or american breakfast why do they would you like bacon or sausage or ham? Im british its a cooked brekkie i want the lot musssh.

and what about your eggs, the clue is in the name FRIED breakfast, sunny side what :action-smiley-081:

andypaul
18th January 2008, 21:04
and what about your eggs, the clue is in the name FRIED breakfast, sunny side what :action-smiley-081:

EGGS EGGS don't get me started on eggs

do you want them fried, scrambled or boilled, the i'll have one of each don't go down well either.

Thats why i don't need six meals before i go to sleep:rolleyes:

nigel
18th January 2008, 21:14
All I'll I say is yes, we do eat Fish and Chips a lot, most of our Fish and Chip shops are owned by Chinese families it seems..In the Philippines they seem to eat a lot of rice, in Britain we eat a lot of potatoe I think..:cwm12:

ms rae
18th January 2008, 22:59
Well, I like fish and chips - and potatoes. I think I'll really do well in the UK... :D

KeithD
19th January 2008, 03:16
American breakfast....UG!!

All we've had for the last week in the hotel is;
Sliced sausage....looks like hot dog....tastes like dog!
Sausage that looks like a burger, but just tastes of spices..
Biscuits....THEY ARE BLOODY SCONES U STUPID YANKS
Scrambled eggs with cheese....sliced!!! All you can taste is pepper.
Waffles that aren't real English waffles....POTATO not FLOUR
Blueberry & chocolate muffins...IT'S BREAKFAST U IDIOTS
Cereal....multi-coloured chemical ridden crap hoops
Coffee's nice though!!!!

andypaul
19th January 2008, 20:05
American breakfast....UG!!

All we've had for the last week in the hotel is;
Sliced sausage....looks like hot dog....tastes like dog!
Sausage that looks like a burger, but just tastes of spices..
Biscuits....THEY ARE BLOODY SCONES U STUPID YANKS
Scrambled eggs with cheese....sliced!!! All you can taste is pepper.
Waffles that aren't real English waffles....POTATO not FLOUR
Blueberry & chocolate muffins...IT'S BREAKFAST U IDIOTS
Cereal....multi-coloured chemical ridden crap hoops
Coffee's nice though!!!!

The muffin marlarky is creeping in here i was staying at a hotel for a work recently and they had muffins avaiable. Which was handy for morning break:xxgrinning--00xx3: but breakfast:NoNo:

Troubadour
16th March 2008, 22:40
Fish and Chips - GREAT! - Fry Up! - GRAND!

But the biggest selling British dish of them all, apparently invented in Glasgow.....

Chicken Tikka Masala - Wonderful!

jimeve
16th March 2008, 23:45
I prefer DUCK & CHIPS.

KeithD
17th March 2008, 14:23
I prefer DUCK & CHIPS.
Are they throwing them at you? :Erm:

alicat
17th March 2008, 14:49
i prefer chicken and chips...yummy

charlwill
17th March 2008, 16:11
i like fish (lightly battered or no batter at all) and a li'l portion of chips with mushy peas but i preferred chicken and chips.

scott&ligaya
17th March 2008, 17:37
Traditional British food, hhhmmmm, lancashire hot pot, toad in the hole, bread and butter pudding, steak and kidney pie, roast beef and yorkshire pud, somerset pork n cider, lots more I am sure but most of the above I have tried at least once since returning from Asia after several years.

ervenescence
17th March 2008, 19:03
ant and chips :D

Alan
18th March 2008, 03:23
I miss my lamb chops and chips!! :bigcry:

Al.:)

KeithD
18th March 2008, 13:48
:rolleyes:

http://modculture.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/lambchop.jpg

andypaul
19th March 2008, 10:13
:rolleyes:

http://modculture.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/lambchop.jpg

Lovely top mr admin did you buy that yourself?

Welsh_Italian
19th March 2008, 11:23
Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks pie and chips for me please. Of course, I can't get one here in the Phils...

KeithD
19th March 2008, 13:09
Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks pie and chips for me please. Of course, I can't get one here in the Phils...

I'll put one in the post.....via ship.....ignore the green bits when it arrives :rolleyes:

Sim11UK
21st March 2008, 07:53

Do you mean the Clarks pies, made in Bristol?

Full of all the crappy bits, with a thick short-crust pastry.....Yeah! they are lovely...could just eat one now! :)

ponyang
24th March 2008, 11:30
breakfast meals usually bacon, egss, bread, grilled tomato or just cereals with milk....lunch is lighter like having sandwich... traditional english dinner is so different in the philippines or i only think this because i grew up in a remote area.. anyway, for winter season the common is beef or lamb casserole with dumplings, some vegetables and potatoes...or roast dinner such as roast chicken or pork or beef perhaps... with yorkshire pudding and other vegetables served with gravy.... during summer season we usually do barbeque outside...it just grilled meat, with potatoes and some salads.. hmmm, about dessert i think my favourite is chocolate pudding served with custard or blackberry cheesecake served with cream..actually there are plenty of choices you can think of..asian foods, italian, mexican etc... are available in the supermarket so there's nothing to worry about...