PDA

View Full Version : We got married !!!

stuartfarm
17th January 2008, 16:33
Lanie and I got married in the Phills on January the 7th.

Things went remarkably well – we even managed to get our marriage certificate on NSO paper the next day

As an added bonus we also managed to visit the UK visa centre in Manila together to submit her application for her spouse visa . Of course they wouldn’t let us both in at the same time but at least I was there to help out with issues ( and there were a few )

Top 10 tip - if your wife / gf goes to the UK visa centre , she will need to take another form of ID other than her passport – they keep this ID until you return the pass

When I first posted our plans a few months back , I too didn’t think that it was going to pan out ok . but god must have been happy with us on those days

Heres how it worked out

Dec 21 – arrive Manila
Dec 27 – go to Embassy for local CONI ( you must get one in the UK first ) – pick up same day
Dec 28 – Fly to Mindanao
Jan 3 – Visit Mayor to ask him to marry us
Jan 4-6 – Arrange reception , cake , Lechon etc
Jan 7 – Marriage and reception
Jan 8 – Pick up Marriage certificate
Jan 9 – Return to Manila
Jan 10 – Pay 45000P to get Managers cheque from bank
Jan 11 – Submit application to UK visa centre
Jan 15 – Return to UK

Well that’s it , its just now waiting for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn and for them to issue Lanies visa , which with god’s help we get before too long – what’s the current average time ? 5 to 6 weeks ?

So I guess now I’m now an official member of the Filipino – UK team

Thanks to everyone who has offered me advice in the past , no doubt I’ll be looking for more advice soon

Manilana
17th January 2008, 16:42
Congratulations to you and to Lanie. It is nice to hear such a happy couple here.

mhynne
17th January 2008, 16:49
Congratulations on your wedding!!!
one question though, were you able to get your NSO certified marriage contract yet which was required by the embassy? cause that took me 2 months to get...and thats with me asking for favors from the inside even... hope all goes well.. my best wishes..

KeithD
17th January 2008, 16:57
Married.....Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Another 'victim' :D

LadyJ
17th January 2008, 17:01
Congratulations to the newlywed...

stuartfarm
17th January 2008, 17:02
Yes - I hope so . It says marriage certificate and has a big NSO stamp embrossed on it . Also when we handed in papers to Visa centre , they didn't question it

joebloggs
17th January 2008, 17:28
well guys, those who bother to read me posts, especially my ranting ones :D

maybe another record has been broken, the libyan guy i moaned about getting wed and his wife was in the uk in 3 wks and 3 days about a year ago, well his brother got wed on xmas eve in libya (he married his brothers wifes sister :D ) and he appiled for a spouse visa and he and his wife landed in the uk on the 15th of jan,,, from getting married to being in the uk only 22 days !! .. and some have to wait up to 3 months for a spouse visa.. :doh

so why cant this be done at the british embassy in the phils, especially since libya is one of the countries on a gov warning list :Brick:

:ARsurrender:

mhynne
17th January 2008, 18:02
cool! thats really good for you that you got it fast... good luck on your application... im sure your wife will have her visa soon

Marwin08
17th January 2008, 18:42
congratulations stuartfarm and lanie. Good luck on your wife's application

Marwin08
17th January 2008, 18:43
congratulations to the newly wed.

winner
17th January 2008, 19:56
well done you not have to wait to long to be together all the best

Tiggers0608
17th January 2008, 21:54
Hi Congratulations to both of you and good luck on your visa application.

vbkelly
17th January 2008, 21:58
Yes - I hope so . It says marriage certificate and has a big NSO stamp embrossed on it . Also when we handed in papers to Visa centre , they didn't question it

congratulation stuarts and lanie best wishes to both of you

ms rae
17th January 2008, 22:27
best wishes to both of you! *throws confetti*:D

chino
18th January 2008, 00:41
congrats!

KeithD
18th January 2008, 01:21
so why cant this be done at the british embassy in the phils, especially since libya is one of the countries on a gov warning list :Brick:

Bit of a difference though........We now do £Millions of trade with Libya, and bugger all with the Phil....even though it all has nothing to do with politics :rolleyes:

kimmi
18th January 2008, 14:11
Best Wishes to the newly weds,and Goodluck to Lanie's visa application..:)

vrn
18th January 2008, 14:37
:REGamblMoney01HL1: confetti for you stuartfarm and lanie.
Congrats:appl:

charlwill
18th January 2008, 14:48
My Congratulations to you and your wife.

Pepe n Pilar
18th January 2008, 15:10
:icon_win:Congratulations Stuartfarm and Lanie:icon_win::icon_win::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08:

Mrs.JMajor
18th January 2008, 15:39
congratulation stuartfarm and lanie :icon_win::REDancedancer08:

:REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08:

mach
18th January 2008, 19:37
congratulations to you & best wishes to lanie :)

andypaul
18th January 2008, 20:25
Bit of a difference though........We now do £Millions of trade with Libya, and bugger all with the Phil....even though it all has nothing to do with politics :rolleyes:

phill need bigger oil fields