PDA

View Full Version : Quick annulment question

Ady
17th January 2008, 09:15
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding annulment and NSO. Once the annulment is granted, the lawyer my gf spoke to said it takes upto one year for NSO to complete the documents and CENOMAR - unless we pay an extra 10k.

Is this a load of rubbish?

mhynne
17th January 2008, 09:42
YES hehehe..
mine took one month as soon as NSO receives the documents from the court...
the court granted my annullment around march and the complete paperwork (including the one issued by the court and the local municipality) was done at about august...

Ady
17th January 2008, 12:29
Thanks for that. Basically, we have spoken to an attourney based in Cotabato – my gf is in Davao. He is currently working on a case, and has shared the documents with us.

I have seen the documents from the Civil Registrar stating that the annulment has been granted by a judge. The person filing the annulment now has to go to the NSO with the court order. We asked if we could possibly see the NSO documents before deciding to proceed (I want to be sure this atty is legitimate), and he told us that this will not be possible because it takes a long time.

Upto 1 year. Unless the person in the case pays 10k to get it speeded up in Manila. My girlfriend said that the annulment is complete – so we should go with this attourney. But, I don’t think it is complete until NSO have completed the records, and CENOMAR is granted. After all, that is what the embassy will be asking directly to those Government agencies.

The atty is a friend of my gf’s family – so she trusts him. But he is putting pressure on us to start NOW, and yesterday he told us about NSO - I don't like that. My gf is not talking to me now, because I dared to question the integrity of him. It sounds more like a fixer to me, than an atty. I am eager to get annulment started, but I am not prepared to lose money to a crook – that could jeopardise everything (not just money, but affect future visa applications if we fail because of faked documents).

I asked my gf to seek another atty, but she just tells me that I should look seeing as her ideas are always bad. I didn’t criticise her, but I am scared of being stung.

If you are willing, maybe I could email you the documents I received?

Mrs.JMajor
17th January 2008, 13:12
ady,
i just notice that ur g/f want to make it fast (to be with you???) so she dont care abut paying money..or maybe because she is not the one paying those...wow ! insist what u want... anyway your the one whos paying it...(correct me if im wrong) and besides your right..theres a lot of atty. who u can have second advice ( it doesnt cost u to ask)

as i saw your age...for sure you know what is right ? dont let those rubbish affect to both of you

good luck ady

Pepe n Pilar
17th January 2008, 13:25
Hi Ady,
One year is very long to have an annotated docs from NSO. I only have found out about the MC. registered with the NSO which took only 2 hours. The normal waiting time is 2 weeks, but because the couple paid the lawyer then it was facilitated.

Ady
17th January 2008, 14:22
Hi jedc143.

We want annulment as quick as possible BUT it has to be legal and legitimate. That is my demand. So an attourney in Davao recommended going to cotabato - because it is quicker there than Davao (less busy).

My gf has a cousin who knows an attourney in Cotabato. He has shown us documents from an ongoing case (strangely it had no psychiatrist report)- where the marriage has been annulled with the civil registrar, and now needs to be passed to NSO.

I told her many times, I don't care what it costs eventually, but let's make sure it is legal. But she tells me the atty's say an annullment will take 2-3 years, and is likely to fail. She asked me my opinion, and I told her I am not happy with this guy, and that it seems to be a fix. But she just tells me that is what life is like in the Phils. And she cant find atty in Davao - all tell her 3 years. This atty in Cotabato is 8 months possibly. But I don't like the fact he claims NSO is another year on top. If that is the case - it will take 2 years anyhow :icon_lol:. She is 36, and I am 31. I want a family with her, so I am eager to move ahead. But I won't take gambles.

Ady
17th January 2008, 15:01
Hi jedc143.

We want annulment as quick as possible BUT it has to be legal and legitimate. That is my demand. So an attourney in Davao recommended going to cotabato - because it is quicker there than Davao (less busy).

My gf has a cousin who knows an attourney in Cotabato. He has shown us documents from an ongoing case (strangely it had no psychiatrist report)- where the marriage has been annulled with the civil registrar, and now needs to be passed to NSO.

I told her many times, I don't care what it costs eventually, but let's make sure it is legal. But she tells me the atty's say an annullment will take 2-3 years, and is likely to fail. She asked me my opinion, and I told her I am not happy with this guy, and that it seems to be a fix. But she just tells me that is what life is like in the Phils. And she cant find atty in Davao - all tell her 3 years. This atty in Cotabato is 8 months possibly. But I don't like the fact he claims NSO is another year on top. If that is the case - it will take 2 years anyhow :icon_lol:. She is 36, and I am 31. I want a family with her, so I am eager to move ahead. But I won't take gambles.

IanB
17th January 2008, 16:08
We have been quoted 70,000 and one year in Pampanga. Quciker if we pay more . .

Ian

mhynne
17th January 2008, 16:52
to be honest im not sure if i will be much help looking at the papers but you can send them to me if you want...
when it comes to annulment its always better to be safe than sorry... i had mine done in manila so im not sure if the process is different in the provinces..
but if youre gonna ask me, if you are doubtful, better follow your instincts..

KeithD
17th January 2008, 16:54
...BUT it has to be legal and legitimate

That rules out murder then, which is a very quick annulment :rolleyes:

Ady
17th January 2008, 17:08
Thanks guys. I made a Freudian slip there – when I said “quick annulment question” I actually meant a quick question about annulment. D’Oh.

Manilana
18th January 2008, 00:47

I agree.

Mrs.JMajor
18th January 2008, 01:28
to be honest im not sure if i will be much help looking at the papers but you can send them to me if you want...
when it comes to annulment its always better to be safe than sorry... i had mine done in manila so im not sure if the process is different in the provinces..

ady,

i have my ongoing annulment here we just filed last november,and my atty.he promised me it will be finish on 6 months...(should be at least theres psychiatrist reports) i wonder if mhynne had her psychiatrist report too...coz she didnt elaborate how many months she done to it....myhnee also for my knowledge pls...how long u done yours

thanks a lot

juliet:):):):)

Mrs.JMajor
18th January 2008, 02:04
ady, i was so concern about you,my only words is please be smart enough...:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

mhynne
18th January 2008, 06:58
mine took 2 years to get done.. i filed it prior to meeting my husband.. so i wasnt really in a hurry to get annulled.. yeah i did have a psychiartrist report also.. i had to go to this psychiatrist who my lawyer knows.. had to answer a whole lot of questions.. after that, the psychiatrist had to testify...

Pepe n Pilar
18th January 2008, 08:46
HI Mhynne,
I'm on my 10th month of my annulment process. I was told that the maximum waiting time for a decision is 3 months after the final trial. This can be shortened if it can be sorted out with the Judge. I understand that every stage has a maximum waiting time but because of some who availed of the package deal hence some stages are shortened. There are exceptions to that, like the summons sent to the Respondent which is 2 weeks, they can't adjust that. I also had the test with the Psychiatrist (which is a requirement) this is the first step. She did not testify, she just signed. When i read your post that it took you 2 years wow! that is a long wait. How many months you have the final trial from the date you have filed?

Ady
18th January 2008, 08:54
Thanks a lot again. I have read a lot about this in the Government forums (wishing I can speak better Tagalog) - but what I have read suggests this atty is cutting corners to line his pockets. Then, he leaves you with all the annulment papers - court agreements etc, and you have to go to NSO.

What I think is that the NSO will refuse the documents. Or documents are missing. He claims it takes 1 year, unless my girlfriend goes to Manila (then it takes 3 days). What I can't make my girlfriend understand is that, if it is not completed in full, our embassy will refuse the visa application. Then we have to start all over again - and the chances are the embassy will never look favourably on our application.

Because this atty is a friend of her cousin, she trusts him in full. Whatever I say, she claims it is OK - that is just the way of the Philippines to make things move ahead. And seems I am wrong to even question him. I mentioned what you guys said here - and she said don't trust all you read in forums. Maybe she is right, but this atty gains money from lies - what could people in forums possibly gain? People here keep telling me it takes nearly 1 year to get annulled - and soon after that people are here as fiance or spouse. She said it takes 2-3 years in Davao.

I have asked before - but does anyone know a good lawyer in Davao? Or is there some way to find out. Because right now, my girlfriend doesn't want to do anything other than this attourney - who seems more bogus by the second.

Ady

Pepe n Pilar
18th January 2008, 09:11
HI Ady,
I guess you have to make a research first before filing for the annulment. When i got here last March i immediately filed my case with the first lawyer i have met. It was only after few months that i came to know many things about this. I can't cancel my petition filed with my lawyer since i am already starting to spend for it. My only adivise is for you to listen, read, research about the annulment process in the phils (website)if your gf is in doubt of what you read in this forum. We all don't know each other in this forum, but the reason i've stayed here and kept on reading because i have found out that people here are genuine (maybe a handful are not) and contribute ideas as to their experiences. I have learned that you don't need the annotated paper from the NSO since it takes long until you have that, all you need is the finality to present to the visa office. Good luck.

gemini63
18th January 2008, 10:09
hi ady,

seems i blvd in ur gf suggestions coz ive heard also about that,,its normal now a days in the phil, the kind of paying under the table if u want some things or situations to have fast results..what the lawyer do of that money he ask, is to pay insiders to work the papers in priority..thats why it will make it a fast result..im from davao,who has the plan to make my annulment too in cotabato,which i learned from a friend that her case was granted just one month after filing..it was done also in cotabato but the lawyer is from downtown davao. the lawyer ask 50thou pesos for the case of her...so its my plan when i got home to davao next month to talk to the lawyer and find out...but i blvd really on paying under the table to speed it up..its normal in there..but it depends on how much they ask of course...

Mrs.JMajor
18th January 2008, 13:27
hi ady,

seems i blvd in ur gf suggestions coz ive heard also about that,,its normal now a days in the phil, the kind of paying under the table if u want some things or situations to have fast results..what the lawyer do of that money he ask, is to pay insiders to work the papers in priority..thats why it will make it a fast result..im from davao,who has the plan to make my annulment too in cotabato,which i learned from a friend that her case was granted just one month after filing..it was done also in cotabato but the lawyer is from downtown davao. the lawyer ask 50thou pesos for the case of her...so its my plan when i got home to davao next month to talk to the lawyer and find out...but i blvd really on paying under the table to speed it up..its normal in there..but it depends on how much they ask of course...

hi ady,
i prefer to reply on this quote to emphasize you the amount gemini said 50thou...u see !! so your g/f said dont believe too much on what u read on this forum? heck ...youre right (reading members advice doenst cost you) but your g/f cost you a lot...

well this is the last word i can tell you bcoz i keep reading your post,and i share my knowledge and u see ( they really had the psychiatric report,its really requirement) and wonder why your g/f doesnt require you...:NoNo::NoNo:

last word!! i wont get surprised in the end that..she didnt get her annulment and your pocket already hole or u have empy wallet in the end..learn to love yourself b4 you love others..:Brick::Brick:

GOD BLESS YOU/ GOOD LUCK

JULIET

sam_althea
12th February 2008, 12:52
it sounds like your gf is an "insider" at her lawyer's office...

Deejay
18th February 2008, 16:15
We have been quoted 70,000 and one year in Pampanga. Quciker if we pay more . .

Ian

70k php is cheap from what i`ve found out , the normal seems more like 120-160k php and around 6-8 months