https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj7P2P5q9vE

Ako Si Jamie
30th January 2020, 00:26
Manila to be the new Hong Kong? Not with the NAIA it won't. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
30th January 2020, 14:26
No comparison mate .

I have lived (and worked) in both.

May as well be on different planets. Standards generally. Educational attainment, culture, cleanliness, crime figures, infrastructure, wealth per capita, etc, etc, etc....

If only the Philippines could get anywhere near Honkers. :NoNo:

Actual land values...still can't see Manila coming near HK anytime soon.

Ok, even our half hectare has quadrupled in value this past 3 years (according to the Mrs), but that's still an increase on bugger all, to be honest.

Rory
2nd February 2020, 19:35
We bought a house and lot in Cebu 5 years ago and it has closed to doubled. I know this as there is still a few lots being developed in our gated community with the same house design as ours and they are selling at the higher price.
Property prices can go as high as they like. We are not selling and we always need somewhere to live so any price rise is irrelevant.
I do think that locals will not be able to afford to live in the cities and we are driving them back out in to the provinces.

grahamw48
3rd February 2020, 13:54
Yes, we've built a house on our land too, and as with yourselves... won't be moving anywhere else, so all fairly irrelevant. Still... better than if we'd rented this past few years. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
8th February 2020, 01:18
It's been predicted that The Philippines by 2100 will be one of the biggest global economies :cwm25:

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-on-the-wane-global-economics-demographics-gdp/

grahamw48
8th February 2020, 02:29
What, as a SAR of China ? :cwm25:

It will probably have sunk under the sheer weight of people by then anyway... if they don't get a grip.

fred
8th February 2020, 14:49
My Aussie mate just sold his 5000 Sqr meter lot which he bought 14 years ago for 100 Peso per sqr meter for 5,200 per Sqr mtr!
Beach lots here in Panglao are now fetching 45K per Sqr meter FFS!!!! Incredible.:omg:
Hey!! It is what it is.

grahamw48
11th February 2020, 14:47
Wow...good stuff Fred. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My Mrs might be able to afford a coffin for me after all...instead of just slinging me in the river, as
I'd suggested. :Erm:

fred
12th February 2020, 12:43
Wow...good stuff Fred. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My Mrs might be able to afford a coffin for me after all...instead of just slinging me in the river, as
I'd suggested. :Erm:

An older Yank I know once told his mrs to put him in one of those blue 500 liter water tanks,top it up with neat cement and roll him into the sea.. Let the fishermen hook their Buoy`s to him.
Something about her hanging on to his pension for another year!

grahamw48
12th February 2020, 14:43
An older Yank I know once told his mrs to put him in one of those blue 500 liter water tanks,top it up with neat cement and roll him into the sea.. Let the fishermen hook their Buoy`s to him.
Something about her hanging on to his pension for another year!

Hahaha... there's an idea. As long as the bro-in-law's trike can carry the load...no probs. :icon_lol: