PDA

View Full Version : Help. I believe that my life may be in danger

Maurice
29th January 2020, 05:27
Hello again. My Filipina GF and I moved into an apartment last November (2019). It's OK, but the neighbours - who are also the owners - can be pretty noisy at times. This morning there was a cockfight going on outside our front door, and after a while, I went out and asked one of 3 men if they could be quieter. Its the 3rd time I have felt the need to do this. This time, one of the men became rather angry - I don't know what he said, but the face and the waving fists said it all. The woman, to whom we pay rent, soon showed up and rather forcibly invited me to go elsewhere if I wanted "a quiet place". The angry one, who is her son, became very aggressive, shaking his fists in my face. Of course, I will not be staying here for a minute longer than necessary. My GF says that, because they own the property, they can do what they like.

Any advice would be welcome.

fred
29th January 2020, 13:53
My advice would be to move ASAP and say nothing more to these imbeciles.. As a foreigner you have little to ZERO recourse.. Here we rely on Karma to deal with these uneducated and spoiled knumb skulls! Their time will come.
In future be very fussy and careful about choosing your next location.. Don`t rush into signing a new lease.Research thoroughly,take your time and I wish you the best of luck!
What is your location BTW??

Ako Si Jamie
29th January 2020, 14:09
Just because someone's aggressive doesn't mean they want to kill you. Think you're overreacting with that assessment, but yeah, relocating would be the obvious solution if you want a quieter life. Some people you just can't reason with.

imagine
29th January 2020, 14:26
Hello again. My Filipina GF and I moved into an apartment last November (2019). It's OK, but the neighbours - who are also the owners - can be pretty noisy at times. This morning there was a cockfight going on outside our front door, and after a while, I went out and asked one of 3 men if they could be quieter. Its the 3rd time I have felt the need to do this. This time, one of the men became rather angry - I don't know what he said, but the face and the waving fists said it all. The woman, to whom we pay rent, soon showed up and rather forcibly invited me to go elsewhere if I wanted "a quiet place". The angry one, who is her son, became very aggressive, shaking his fists in my face. Of course, I will not be staying here for a minute longer than necessary. My GF says that, because they own the property, they can do what they like.

Any advice would be welcome.

find somewhere else , next time you speak to them if you have to apologise maybe say you had a bad headache and over reacted, let it be a lesson sometimes you have no choice than to bite your tongue, you wont win any argument with these people , they like noise there way is there way and your in no position to change it, be tolerent your not in UK now.

you could buy them some tanduay and maybe a few bottles of Red Horse , that should soften them until you can get away

Dave_
29th January 2020, 17:57
You chose an apartment, refuse to accept the local culture and expect the locals to bow down to your wishes.
:doh
Time to move on...

Maurice
29th January 2020, 22:56
No. I expect people to behave in a reasonably civil manner. I don't expect to be assaulted.

Maurice
29th January 2020, 23:00
Yes. I shall buy a present for the people who attack me because I politely asked them not to be so noisy. Good idea. :Cuckoo:

SimonH
30th January 2020, 03:43
No. I expect people to behave in a reasonably civil manner. I don't expect to be assaulted.

The thing is that in their eyes you were the one being uncivil, and also you weren't assaulted but verbally told where to go with your western standards.

Remember where you live and try and respect the local culture :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
30th January 2020, 12:57
Thanks for the rep simon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
30th January 2020, 13:11
Yes. I shall buy a present for the people who attack me because I politely asked them not to be so noisy. Good idea. :Cuckoo:

wait, you are the one crying out for help, you are the one who doesn't fit in, my advise suggests you have a good look at your own attitude or you might not get chance to shout out for help, its their culture here, do not expect them to change just for you, remember you are the foringer , and shes right if you don't like the noise move

grahamw48
30th January 2020, 14:16
O.P.

You're a guest in a 3rd world country mate.

They are different from us...and we won't change them.

Try to find a quieter place, then CHILL with the local 'habits' as much as possible. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
31st January 2020, 11:37
I think you need to move back to England as you are more suited here.

imagine
31st January 2020, 11:47

this is the best advise so far:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maurice
1st February 2020, 08:34

Yes. No question about it. Bye-bye :Wave:

Maurice
1st February 2020, 15:10
You chose an apartment, refuse to accept the local culture and expect the locals to bow down to your wishes.
:doh
Time to move on...

What kind of arsehole are you? :mad:

Dave_
1st February 2020, 17:41
Shocked that you are interested in my private parts.
Good to see that you have moved on, to the USA, no cock fighting over there...
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
2nd February 2020, 08:33

Obviously he's a better arsehole than you, Philippines don't need Megga Assholes :xxgrinning-smiley-0 like you , giving a bad name to us Foringers here, you are the minority

Ako Si Jamie
4th February 2020, 23:37

If this unwarranted and crude response is anything to go by, I've got a feeling that you probably spoke to your landlady and her family in the same kind of manner, hence their aggression. If that is the case, you've got no qualms for complaint.

imagine
5th February 2020, 12:59
If this unwarranted and crude response is anything to go by, I've got a feeling that you probably spoke to your landlady and her family in the same kind of manner, hence their aggression. If that is the case, you've got no qualms for complaint.

Exactly my thoughts too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
6th February 2020, 20:54

Jeez, what kind of response is that ?, you come on here exaggerating what happened by saying your life may be in danger after a few angry exchanges with your landlords family, then you were offered a few ways forward which you responded to by saying what kind of arsehole are you?.

May i suggest those words may well apply to you, Grow up and get some balls..:doh

bridgyguy
25th March 2020, 14:32
When i am in Australia, we expect foreigners to live our way, by our laws, or go back home, but our dumb Liberal Government does not do much about enforcing this, so the immigrants get away with all sorts of crap, and i am talking mostly about youths from 2 particular cultures/countries in Africa.

In the Philippines, i MUST live according to the rules and laws of the Philippines, if i don't they will kick you out, no questions asked, and Duterte especially won't take any crap.

I am lucky and privileged to be able to live in the Philippines, have several business that are run by Filipino managers and workers, i look after them, they look after me, and i have several Condo's around Palawan, Mindoro and Cebu, which i rent cheaply to families who need a helping hand, i lease dozens of shanty homes from land owners for widowed mums with kids to live in, and i sponsor several hundred under priveledged kids in a small community 1 hour by boat from Port Barton.

I only have one thing to say about this particular topic, realistically the cock fighting could have been held elsewhere, not outside a tenants front door, that is if what the OP has told us is actually true, maybe it was 20 metres away, but common sense should have prevailed.

Maurice
9th April 2020, 17:57
I would like to say thank you to Fred. Fred, you offered the only reasonable and intelligent response. The location of the apartment, inside a compound, was a big mistake. The male members of the "family" seem to have regarded themselves as some kind of "overlords", able to totally disregard the rights or wishes of mere tenants. It was not a cheap place, by the way.
And the fist-waver got his. I found him without his group of retainers. Nuf said.

By the way, do you know what Filipinas prefer European men? Because the locals would rather play with their cocks. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
10th April 2020, 04:06
I love these joke threads.

Very funny.

Stay safe mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3: