PDA

View Full Version : Hot hot hot...

Terpe
10th April 2019, 13:26
We have started sleeping downstairs now....
It's getting so very hot and humid....
Our living room downstairs is so much cooler. We even have our front door open :icon_lol:

We go to the shopping mall to stay cool and cut down on our electricity costs...

Today we recorded 42C
The forecast is even higher

It's more fun in the Philippines :laugher:

SimonH
11th April 2019, 02:14
Pleasant 26C here, bit warmer outside without the air-con on though :icon_lol:

Steve.r
11th April 2019, 02:18
We have started sleeping downstairs now....
It's getting so very hot and humid....
Our living room downstairs is so much cooler. We even have our front door open :icon_lol:

We go to the shopping mall to stay cool and cut down on our electricity costs...

Today we recorded 42C
The forecast is even higher

It's more fun in the Philippines :laugher:
And here I am shivering in my office in the north of China hehehe

grahamw48
11th April 2019, 04:29
We only use fans, but I have insulated the place, so it's not too bad, but it's certainly been hotter lately.

Terpe
13th April 2019, 15:17
On top of water rationing we now have regular brown outs....
Pity nobody really knows when or where......

It's more fun in the Philippines......:crazy:

imagine
13th April 2019, 16:20
regular 3 hours a day water off here 9am to 12noon, just the odd brown out which is a normality,

hot day times, can feel quite cold in the evening:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
13th April 2019, 21:30
Blowing a gale here in John o Groats, .

grahamw48
14th April 2019, 12:26
Yesterday's 'perceived' figures... though it has also (mercifully, for our trees and plants) rained through the past couple of nights.

han
15th April 2019, 05:35
Back now in Scottish Borders after Philippine holiday. Me and my husband both said this is better when we landed in Newcastle :smile::biggrin: When we were in Surigao we experienced brown outs, so stayed mostly in the beach... but the heat! :Cuckoo::laugher: Certainly more fun in the Phils. Great holiday.

Terpe
15th April 2019, 09:05
Its the hottest season.
Its Holy Week
Water interruptions and Brown outs......now

Repairs and upgrades on LRT and MRT ......means no trains :laugher::laugher::laugher:

fred
16th April 2019, 06:08
In the glorious 40`s here in Bohol...Bit of gardening,an hour on Netflix..Might go for a pint and a swim later!

grahamw48
16th April 2019, 13:30
I went for a nice walk with our youngster, and the old lady... at the family farm. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
17th April 2019, 14:09
Looks idyllic Graham......

grahamw48
19th April 2019, 04:10
It is very pleasant here in the countryside (though we're actually only a couple of miles from all major amenities).

Still enlarging and 'beautifying' the house, building more walls, and planting more trees, etc.

There is a lovely beach only about 5 or 6 miles away too. :smile:

stevewool
19th April 2019, 08:59
In the glorious 40`s here in Bohol...Bit of gardening,an hour on Netflix..Might go for a pint and a swim later!

Hi Fred, has the airport opened yet, and has it made much difference to life out there, like more busy.

Slip
19th April 2019, 09:11
Bet it rains for the whole 3 weeks I'm there in June :icon_lol:

joebloggs
19th April 2019, 22:52
42c :yikes: and i thought it was hot in sunny Salford, 26c today :sunshine:
:icon_lol:

fred
20th April 2019, 12:00
Hi Fred, has the airport opened yet, and has it made much difference to life out there, like more busy.

Yeah,airport opened a few months ago..Lots of Chinese now. Very busy.

Slip
6th July 2019, 16:03
Bet it rains for the whole 3 weeks I'm there in June :icon_lol:

Had flooding after a big thunderstorm on my last day...other than that it was sunshine

fred
6th July 2019, 16:34
Damned water went off for 8 days..Pushed forward our plans for deep well.
All done now..
Just after they put in the new pump from new well the barangay water came back on better than ever.
Sods law. We now have so much water,I`m thinking about building an ark.

grahamw48
7th July 2019, 13:20
Just a bit of light rain in the evenings this past week..... fortunately, as we are mid-way through having an extra room built (my new 'den' with roof terrace on top). Rain rain go away... even if it does mean I have to water all the plants ! :Rasp:

Michael Parnham
8th July 2019, 07:09
I went for a nice walk with our youngster, and the old lady... at the family farm. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very nice Graham:xxgrinning--00xx3: