PDA

View Full Version : wedding in the philippines

rosedave07
14th January 2008, 14:40
Hello Everyone.

I just got married here last december and now processing my ammendment of my passport and the FLR for the extension of my visa. We now planning to have a second wedding in the philippines on April this year.

Is anyone do such thing already? What did you do? We just want to have a second wedding for my family...

i hope you can help me.

thanks

KeithD
14th January 2008, 14:55
Someone here has done that.....bit of an excuse for a party if you ask me :)

andypaul
14th January 2008, 19:48
We had two cermonies in phil.

The cvill wedding cermoney and then at the reception in the mountains in the open air we had a blessing from the missus lola's rev which was nice and meant more photos and what have you.

Ask to have a blessing if the missus is religous even if she is not the oldies will love it and bung the rev a few quid for the church fund and a seat at the reception and all will be fine.

rosstrtco
14th January 2008, 19:53
Hello Everyone.

I just got married here last december and now processing my ammendment of my passport and the FLR for the extension of my visa. We now planning to have a second wedding in the philippines on April this year.

Is anyone do such thing already? What did you do? We just want to have a second wedding for my family...

i hope you can help me.

thanks

me and the mrs are planning to get wed in march but not married yet so i cant help about the second wedding thing but maybe we can swap anything which helps on the wedding over ther, good luck i,am going :Cuckoo: already

hilda_danao
14th January 2008, 21:03
it should be just a blessing in the wedding in Phil. your marriage is already recorded in the Philippine civil registry since you report your marriage to the philippine embassy here in uk. it would be best if you can get a wedding package in a hotel coz you wont be around there to arrange everything. also ask one trusted relative who can do other things for you.

rosstrtco
14th January 2008, 21:12
sorry to buz in on your thread but if anyone can recomend a good wedding package site it would be good, ta

hilda_danao
14th January 2008, 21:15
which city are you going to marry in Phil? It would be best if you ask a friend over there to inquire hotels about their wedding package.

andypaul
14th January 2008, 21:40
sorry to buz in on your thread but if anyone can recomend a good wedding package site it would be good, ta

Before going down the Hotel route its worth checking if the family want or are prepared to host and organise it for you. Sometimes it cheaper depending on who you will invite and where your wife to be family is based, and other times the hotel resort is cheaper.

Make sure you weigh up all the options and worth keeping an eye on numbers unless you have deep pockets.

Phills are used to huge family events and parties ones which morden brits would shudder at trying to organise.

rosstrtco
14th January 2008, 21:49
i think the phrase wild horses could be used here, its like i started to roll a small snowball down a hill, turned my back for a second and look at it now, girls do like a good wedding, lol

rosedave07
14th January 2008, 23:19
Thanks for the help..

What i am confuse in regards with our second wedding is that one of the son of senator in the philippines whom got married first in US (catholic church) and when they back to the philippines they also got married (civil wedding).
Anyway i also ask my cousin whom been working at CIty hall of Pasay and i ask a lot of question in regards with our plan. And she say the same way that we were just going to have a RENEWAL OF VOWS becaused our marriage here in UK will be recorded in PHILIPPINE EMBASSY.

Thank you very much

We already been checking the availabilty of the venue for the wedding there in the philippines and we hope theres no hassle in regards with our choosen date.

thanks again

aromulus
14th January 2008, 23:33

We had our wedding and reception here...

http://www.in-cebu.com/metropark/weddingpackages.php

Otherwise you can google the hotels in the city you need.

Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rosedave07
15th January 2008, 08:13
hello aromulus thanks for the info.. But our family was living in manila.. We already check some of the garden located at intramuros manila to be our venue for the wedding.. We actually try shangrila makati becaused one of my cousin works there and she say that they had increase the price by 30%. Anyway our wedding is for my family thats why we were just going to have a very very small wedding in the philippines.. I have a list of venue now that included all the amenities that we want (package deal).

Thanks again to every one

rosstrtco
15th January 2008, 08:20
morning, can i ask have you looked at fernwood gardens in manila ?

rosedave07
15th January 2008, 10:37
yes i already look at fernwood garden in manila but its quite far it is located in quezon city so we decided to check the venue within roxas blvd to intramuros.

Are you planning for a wedding also?

rosedave07
15th January 2008, 10:41
fernwood garden is quite far it was located in quezon city so we decided to choose a venue within roxas blvd up to intramuros. This is the list that weve choosen

patio victoria, coconut palace, tamayos cafe, and church near at mall of asia.

mhynne
15th January 2008, 10:45
i got married at fernwood gardens in qc.. fabulous place.. our wedding even got featured in the latest edition of metro weddings magazine in manila..
anyway, out of all the places you mentioned.. i love coconut palace.. its just right beside manila bay.. wonderful for pictures that place... have fun preparing for the wedding..

rosedave07
15th January 2008, 11:05
yes the coconut palace is beside manila bay but apparately the place is to big for less than 100 guest.. thats why i made 3 list of venue to choose for our wedding because all of that venue was fab.. Mhynne we also wait for the press release of our wedding here in UK to be featured in lifestyle section in PHILIPPINES STAR.

rosstrtco
15th January 2008, 11:51
we,ve been looking at fernwood, it looks very nice bit ccostly but not if you compare to the uk, were still deciding how many people that will help decide where we get married

rosstrtco
15th January 2008, 11:52
i got married at fernwood gardens in qc.. fabulous place.. our wedding even got featured in the latest edition of metro weddings magazine in manila..
anyway, out of all the places you mentioned.. i love coconut palace.. its just right beside manila bay.. wonderful for pictures that place... have fun preparing for the wedding..

the gf is very keen on fernwood can you give me anymore details about it pls

mhynne
15th January 2008, 14:40
sure rosstrtco..
well the rate that we had before for fernwood garden venue 1 which is the garden that has the exclusive parking space was 91,280 pesos, AC costs an extra 15k and less 5k for not getting invites already included in the package.. thats the price for last year.. not sure if they already increased... the prices also differ if you have a morning or an evening wedding (morning weddings are cheaper.) there are 4 gardens all in all in the whole venue, some gardens that are a bit smaller charge less than what i had just said.. they also have exclusive caterers in the venue..
if you want to see me and andy's wedding pictures, we had a garden wedding on another garden and the reception on the other garden beside it..
pics are at http://mhynne.multiply.com/photos
so you can see how the place looks like at night.. its fabulous...

rosstrtco
15th January 2008, 17:48
sure rosstrtco..
well the rate that we had before for fernwood garden venue 1 which is the garden that has the exclusive parking space was 91,280 pesos, AC costs an extra 15k and less 5k for not getting invites already included in the package.. thats the price for last year.. not sure if they already increased... the prices also differ if you have a morning or an evening wedding (morning weddings are cheaper.) there are 4 gardens all in all in the whole venue, some gardens that are a bit smaller charge less than what i had just said.. they also have exclusive caterers in the venue..
if you want to see me and andy's wedding pictures, we had a garden wedding on another garden and the reception on the other garden beside it..
pics are at http://mhynne.multiply.com/photos
so you can see how the place looks like at night.. its fabulous...

nice one pics look fab, many thanks mate :BouncyHappy:

mhynne
15th January 2008, 17:54
anytime rosstrtco... =)
i love weddings... ping me anytime you need any help

rosstrtco
15th January 2008, 18:05
anytime rosstrtco... =)
i love weddings... ping me anytime you need any help

dont worry we will, my gf lenn will look at the pics 2 morrow she will love them,:xxgrinning--00xx3: