PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

kristleh
27th February 2006, 16:54
Hi, I'm Kakay from the Philippines. :Hellooo: I discovered this site through google and thought that it was the most ideal place to make friends with kababayans and brits. After I graduate in college and gain some work experience, I plan to work in the UK together with some friends. That is if we get lucky. :( Anyway, I still have two years before I finish my degree here but I guess it would be a nice idea if I already start making friends. :)

I've been to the UK once exactly 6 years ago, when I was 14 years old. I loved it. Kaso bitin!!! I only had the chance to visit London and some places near it (stratford-upon avon and the place where you can find the millenium dome ). How I wish I had visited Edinburgh and Glasgow as well. Any Filipinos up there? :)

If anyone wants to have some good Pinoy rock songs, I would gladly send it through email. The only thing I could do I guess. :) I'm always free for a bit of chitchat as I need a break from schoolwork :) Hope everything is fine there for all you! :) Paalam. :P

walesrob
27th February 2006, 16:56
Hi Kakay, welcome to the forum :)

Eljohno
27th February 2006, 17:15
Hi Kakay,

you are very welcome to the forum, where in the Philippines are you from? I am heading to the Philippines in just over 4 weeks(Northern Mindanao) to see my Gwapa Asawa..

This will be a great place for you to make friends and get as much info as you need about the UK & Ireland..

John

kristleh
27th February 2006, 18:50
Originally posted by walesrob@Feb 27 2006, 03:56 PM
Hi Kakay, welcome to the forum :)

Quoted post

thanks for welcoming me. :)

kristleh
27th February 2006, 19:00
Originally posted by Eljohno@Feb 27 2006, 04:15 PM
Hi Kakay,
you are very welcome to the forum, where in the Philippines are you from? I am heading to the Philippines in just over 4 weeks(Northern Mindanao) to see my Gwapa Asawa..

This will be a great place for you to make friends and get as much info as you need about the UK & Ireland..
John

Quoted post

I'm from Manila. Based on what I've read in the forum, Manila isn't liked by
many. At least we get to buy the latest bootleg (pirated) copy of new movies. :P

Have a safe trip going to the Philippines. :) Anyway, if you have time I suggest you go to Punta Fuego in Batangas with your wife although it's really far from N. Mindanao. My sister recently visited the place and she said it's really wonderful. I bet you'll also have a wonderful time with your asawa :)

Admin
28th February 2006, 09:52
Glasgow!!! :cwm24: :laugher:

...and HELLO :Hellooo:

truelove26
28th February 2006, 10:04
Originally posted by admin@Feb 28 2006, 09:52 AM
Glasgow!!! :cwm24: :laugher:

...and HELLO :Hellooo:

Quoted post

hi kakay welcome to the forum!!!you can really find friends here and your ingood hands hehehhe!!im from davao but im always been in manila last year coz im in the process of applying for my visa,honestly its too crowded for me.dont get me wrong coz i came from a city which is not as crowded as ur place but still i love the place,its still phillipines and home is where always the ehart is...hope you cna make friends in here and count me as one of them.....
cheers!!!

neville and grace

ginapeterb
28th February 2006, 10:13
Hi Kakay,

Welcome to the forum, Glasgee eh ! someone get me a wee dram will yee !

You like Drinking then do you...Kakay..

Pete and Gina

kristleh
28th February 2006, 18:50
Originally posted by truelove26@Feb 28 2006, 09:04 AM
hi kakay welcome to the forum!!!you can really find friends here and your ingood hands hehehhe!!im from davao but im always been in manila last year coz im in the process of applying for my visa,honestly its too crowded for me.dont get me wrong coz i came from a city which is not as crowded as ur place but still i love the place,its still phillipines and home is where always the ehart is...hope you cna make friends in here and count me as one of them.....
cheers!!!

neville and grace

Quoted post

hello!!! :Wave: Yeah I agree. Manila is too crowded, noisy, and dirty. Still I can't help but love it especially Quiapo (pirated DVDs hehehe)! I live a bit near Chinatown, the best place for delicious inexpensive food (yummy fried frog hehehe)and I'm not talking about fetus some crazy people sell. If you are coming here in Manila, I can show you these places but I bet you have probably been in this part of Manila. :) Thanks for being nice. :D And good luck with the visa. :BouncyHappy:

kristleh
28th February 2006, 19:06
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Feb 28 2006, 09:13 AM
Hi Kakay,

Welcome to the forum, Glasgee eh ! someone get me a wee dram will yee !
You like Drinking then do you...Kakay..
Pete and Gina

Quoted post

Thanks for welcoming me Pete and Gina!!! :BouncyHappy: I don't drink that much but maybe I will when I visit Glasgow someday. :P I've always wanted to visit Glasgow. I should learn some Glasweigian slangs as early as now. :D

equaliser
28th February 2006, 23:49
Welcome to the forum , Kakay.

Hope you get to the U.K. again , and remember that Northern Ireland is part of the U.K too and there are quite a few filipinos here.

My fiancee Ashley is from Davao City and she will be applying for the fiancee visa soon and might be in Manila in April/May for her interview.

Brian

gm47
1st March 2006, 08:15
:P I've always wanted to visit Glasgow. I should learn some Glasweigian slangs as early as now. :D

Quoted post

Well whenever you do manage to visit I can help you with the slang. Ist lesson is.... Glasgow is pronounced by the majority as " Glesga".

cheers
Gerry

mupsuit
1st March 2006, 08:54
Originally posted by gm47@Mar 1 2006, 08:15 AM
:P . I should learn some Glasweigian slangs as early as now. :D

Quoted post
Well whenever you do manage to visit I can help you with the slang. Ist lesson is.... Glasgow is pronounced by the majority as " Glesga".

cheers
Gerry

Quoted post

Context : the speaker is in the kitchen

Glaswegian : ERAPEROPERS OANTHECHEROWERTHER

English : See the two pears on that chair

Context : speaker is showing holiday snaps to workmates

Glaswegian : SAWEEFELLA BELLAFELINWI

English : This is the Spanish Waiter my daughter Isabella met
while we were on holiday

Context : speaker is reading the administrator's responses on
the forum

Glaswegian : BAWHEID

English : no translation required

and yes there are more !!

truelove26
1st March 2006, 08:59
Originally posted by kristleh@Feb 28 2006, 06:50 PM
hello!!! :Wave: Yeah I agree. Manila is too crowded, noisy, and dirty. Still I can't help but love it especially Quiapo (pirated DVDs hehehe)! I live a bit near Chinatown, the best place for delicious inexpensive food (yummy fried frog hehehe)and I'm not talking about fetus some crazy people sell. If you are coming here in Manila, I can show you these places but I bet you have probably been in this part of Manila. :) Thanks for being nice. :D And good luck with the visa. :BouncyHappy:

Quoted post

thanks for the wishes but ived done it alread.im now in uk..i got my visa last nov.10 and flew lat december...but yeah manila is too crowded but yet you cant help but still love it...
i would love to try exotic foods and be brave bout it but i think we pinays are not really picky at all.lahat kakainin basta walang lason hehheheheheh!!!
enjoy the forum kakay

neville and grace

Gemma Cannings
1st March 2006, 10:16
Originally posted by kristleh@Feb 27 2006, 04:54 PM
Hi, I'm Kakay from the Philippines. :Hellooo: I discovered this site through google and thought that it was the most ideal place to make friends with kababayans and brits. After I graduate in college and gain some work experience, I plan to work in the UK together with some friends. That is if we get lucky. :( Anyway, I still have two years before I finish my degree here but I guess it would be a nice idea if I already start making friends. :)

I've been to the UK once exactly 6 years ago, when I was 14 years old. I loved it. Kaso bitin!!! I only had the chance to visit London and some places near it (stratford-upon avon and the place where you can find the millenium dome ). How I wish I had visited Edinburgh and Glasgow as well. Any Filipinos up there? :)

If anyone wants to have some good Pinoy rock songs, I would gladly send it through email. The only thing I could do I guess. :) I'm always free for a bit of chitchat as I need a break from schoolwork :) Hope everything is fine there for all you! :) Paalam. :P

Quoted post

kristleh
1st March 2006, 12:16
Originally posted by equaliser@Feb 28 2006, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the forum , Kakay.

Hope you get to the U.K. again , and remember that Northern Ireland is part of the U.K too and there are quite a few filipinos here.

My fiancee Ashley is from Davao City and she will be applying for the fiancee visa soon and might be in Manila in April/May for her interview.

Brian

Quoted post

Lots of people are leaving the country now. Huhuhu. My friend's migrating to New Zealand. Anyway, good luck with your fiance's application. Hope everything will go smoothly. :) Slan go foil (is my Irish correct?). :)

kristleh
1st March 2006, 13:01
Originally posted by truelove26@Mar 1 2006, 07:59 AM
thanks for the wishes but ived done it alread.im now in uk..i got my visa last nov.10 and flew lat december...but yeah manila is too crowded but yet you cant help but still love it...
i would love to try exotic foods and be brave bout it but i think we pinays are not really picky at all.lahat kakainin basta walang lason hehheheheheh!!!
enjoy the forum kakay

neville and grace

Quoted post

One thing I haven't tried and afraid to eat is insects. There is a show that featured restaurants offering insects somewhere in Pampanga. I wonder how does it taste like. Rabbit is yummy daw and tastes like chicken according to my friend. Ma-try nga. :)

kristleh
1st March 2006, 13:22
Originally posted by mupsuit@Mar 1 2006, 07:54 AM
Context : the speaker is in the kitchen

Glaswegian : ERAPEROPERS OANTHECHEROWERTHER

English : See the two pears on that chair

Context : speaker is showing holiday snaps to workmates

Glaswegian : SAWEEFELLA BELLAFELINWI

English : This is the Spanish Waiter my daughter Isabella met
while we were on holiday

Quoted post

to make it short, I wouldn't understand a thing. :lol:

gm47
1st March 2006, 15:19

Quoted post

Of course there is the classic one.... "comoangeraff" which used to be heard from bus conductors requesting someone to leave the bus.

how about "whitiruwaantin"......

belle25
1st March 2006, 22:25
Originally posted by kristleh@Feb 27 2006, 03:54 PM

Quoted post

belle25
1st March 2006, 22:40
Originally posted by kristleh@Feb 27 2006, 03:54 PM

Quoted post

Hello Kakay! It's nice to hear from people back home, I've been in the Uk for 5 months now and is soon starting a new job. My hubby and I have booked a flight for Glasgow next weekend to meet some friends if you want I will tell you something about the place when we come back ( or is there really something to tell?? hahahahhaha ). Hope you to see you again here soon.

kristleh
5th March 2006, 14:20
Originally posted by belle25@Mar 1 2006, 09:40 PM
Hello Kakay! It's nice to hear from people back home, I've been in the Uk for 5 months now and is soon starting a new job. My hubby and I have booked a flight for Glasgow next weekend to meet some friends if you want I will tell you something about the place when we come back ( or is there really something to tell?? hahahahhaha ). Hope you to see you again here soon.

Quoted post

Wow!!! You're going to Glasgow. Inggit naman ako. hehehe. I hope you'll enjoy your visit in Glasgow kasi ako hanggang travel books palang pag dating sa Glasgow. :) hehehe