PDA

View Full Version : Booking a room in Manila: difference between booking.com and AirBnb

andrez
15th April 2018, 17:08
Hello,
I'll travel soon to Philippines for the first time and I'm planning to stay for a week in Manila.
I'm searching for a room now, for two people, and I was looking on Booking.com and AirBnb.
On AirBnb seems there are cheaper room and with €25 / night I can get a very nice room for two people. Booking.com looks like is more expensive.
Do you know why? What's the difference? Can I trust AirBnb?
Thank you,
Andrea

Ako Si Jamie
15th April 2018, 18:22
Which part of Manila is it in?

Never used AirBnb. I usually use Agoda.

A standard room in the Oasis Paco Park Hotel is fairly cheap, as it is at a few establishments close to the airport.

https://www.oasispark.com/

Tawi2
16th April 2018, 00:19
I have used Air B'n'B a few times this trip (not Philippines) had a great place with an infinity pool. I find the apartment/house descriptions accurate :smile:

bigmarco
25th April 2018, 20:32
I've used Air BnB on my last 3 visits and haven't had any problems. Admittedly I know what area I want to stay and I'm not interested in any places without reviews.

fred
26th April 2018, 04:07
Hitting from the other side of the fence here...We dont use Booking.com and most of our bookings are accepted via Airbnb..Excellent outfit as far as we are concerned!

andrez
30th April 2018, 21:44
Hello, sorry for the late reply :smile: Thank you for all your advice, much appreciated :biggrin:

I've booked on AirBnb at the end.. Prices are very good and I've chosen a place with a lot of good reviews (more than 1000), so it should be good probably. I'm going to spend something like 35$ for two people, in a small studio, in a building with free swimming pool. Sounds good, haha :biggrin:

Thanks again.