PDA

View Full Version : torrent tracers etc

edwin
26th February 2006, 13:38
hello
is anyone aware of a torrent site thats good for pinoy movie
i only know of 1 dedicated tracker, indays tagalog tracker.
anyone know of any more?

cheers

edwin

walesrob
26th February 2006, 16:26
Originally posted by edwin@Feb 26 2006, 12:38 PM
hello
anyone know of any more?

cheers

edwin

Quoted post

Edwin, your asking something which I doubt any of our members can answer, as we tend to discuss visa and immigration matters or anything Filipino rather than BitTorrent and the like. Have you tried any bittorrent forums?

Admin
27th February 2006, 15:16
Only legal stuff on here :BouncyHappy: (scousers excluded)

Eljohno
27th February 2006, 15:39
Originally posted by edwin@Feb 26 2006, 12:38 PM
hello
anyone know of any more?

cheers

edwin

Quoted post

At the risk of looking stupid, what is a torrent site?????

Is it like Kazaa??

John

walesrob
27th February 2006, 16:05
Originally posted by Eljohno@Feb 27 2006, 02:39 PM
At the risk of looking stupid, what is a torrent site?????

Is it like Kazaa??
John

Quoted post

John you are correct, it is a bit like Kazza. I use it to download Linux distros (which is quite legal Keith - Redhat and Debian actually encourage this to save loads on their servers)..

Heres a more accurate description:

You have something terrific to publish -- a large music or video file, software, a game or anything else that many people would like to have. But the more popular your file becomes, the more you are punished by soaring bandwidth costs. If your file becomes phenomenally successful and a flash crowd of hundreds or thousands try to get it at once, your server simply crashes and no one gets it.

The rest - I'll let you google for that! :Erm: I don't wanna get into trouble with the Boss :yikes: :Hellooo:

Eljohno
27th February 2006, 16:08
Originally posted by walesrob@Feb 27 2006, 03:05 PM
John you are correct, it is a bit like Kazza. I use it to download Linux distros (which is quite legal Keith - Redhat and Debian actually encourage this to save loads on their servers)..

Heres a more accurate description:

You have something terrific to publish -- a large music or video file, software, a game or anything else that many people would like to have. But the more popular your file becomes, the more you are punished by soaring bandwidth costs. If your file becomes phenomenally successful and a flash crowd of hundreds or thousands try to get it at once, your server simply crashes and no one gets it.

The rest - I'll let you google for that! :Erm: I don't wanna get into trouble with the Boss :yikes: :Hellooo:

Quoted post

Now armed with the knowledge i can sleep in my bed tonight :Erm:

Pauldo
27th February 2006, 17:44
Originally posted by Eljohno@Feb 27 2006, 04:08 PM
Now armed with the knowledge i can sleep in my bed tonight :Erm:

Quoted post

And all these years I thought a torrent tracer was that little fish that swims up your doofer when you pee in a river in South America :Doh: :rolleyes:

Admin
28th February 2006, 09:54
Your thinking of a Mancunian prostitute :D