PDA

View Full Version : Financial Threshold

spurs
17th February 2018, 17:54
We have just been granted our FLR on Wednesday, but a friend asked me if I could clarify a question he had about his situation while I was at Croydon. He has had to give up work to look after his mother, becoming her carer.

His wife earns £15,000 a year. He has been trying to find out if his Carer's Allowance of £250 a month and his Benefit of £90 per fortnight would be included in the financial threshold. I asked, but they would not - or could not - give a straight answer. Bless the lovely lady that at least said she had no idea, but google FM SE, and she said good luck on trying to understand it with all the appendix it has.

So does anyone know for a fact if he will be ok, in reaching his £18,600 financial threshold?

Harry T
18th February 2018, 03:55
Does the Financial Threshold actually apply for FLR ?. A friend of mine went through all the FLR & ILR rigmarole, and so far as i am aware she didnt need to have the £18,600 for those stages, in fact she was on working tax credits.

Slip
18th February 2018, 08:42
Does the Financial Threshold actually apply for FLR ?. A friend of mine went through all the FLR & ILR rigmarole, and so far as i am aware she didnt need to have the £18,600 for those stages, in fact she was on working tax credits.

Yes it does. We just did FLR last summer. It's part of the form you fill out.
Plus you send in proof of earnings, wage slips, bank statements etc.

spurs
19th February 2018, 20:00
It does, but does anyone know if he can use his Income Support and Carers Allowance to make it to the £18,600?

Arthur Little
20th February 2018, 00:04
:olddude: ... according to my calculations - based on the figures you've quoted - your friend's wife's salary, combined with his Income Support and Carer's Allowance, will more than suffice.

spurs
27th February 2018, 09:40
Thank you for that reply.

Can I ask where you got the information from just so I could tell him, you know what it is like. Even I checked and triple-checked my documents, and then they actually hardly opened anything.