PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Nurses coming to work in UK

ginapeterb
24th July 2004, 22:31
Any Filipino Nurses currently in Philippines awaiting transit to NHS Vaancies here in UK ..........want to know more about the UK and in paticular London the Capital City .........need any questions answered then ask away to a Londonder or check out the travel tips and advice section on London Attractions.
If you are concerned about travelling to UK or first time out of the Philippines you can leave any questions here which Forum Admin or myself will try to answer.

Have a good trip

Pete B

english_nurse
22nd November 2004, 01:42
I'm not a Filipino. I am English. I work with a lot of Filipino nurses in a theatre department in England. You lot are the best nurses I have ever met. If you ever need advice about theatre nursing or England, send a post here. I will do my best to check back every now and again. Take the advice given here and join UNISON as soon as you can. It is the best trade union you can join. Good luck!

ginapeterb
22nd November 2004, 02:07
Thank you for that offer of help..I am sure it will be most welcome...and I know Addenbrookes fairly well...pass it most weeks..thanks for coming on board.

Admin
22nd November 2004, 11:25
Union!! Don't let Mrs Thatcher hear that word ;D

lightlymaid
14th January 2005, 18:09
hi Pete. may i ask for info such as names of major cities in UK. have plans of working there in the UK but want to land a job in a key city with a university based hospital. the names of the cities are unfamiliar to me. the info will help me decide on which places to consider working in. thanks.

oh, by the way. do u also know whether NMC registration and IELTS score are prerequisites for nures' jobs?

ginapeterb
14th January 2005, 21:38
Hello thanks for coming on board, in answer to your questions, I can recommend you go to the website of our Embassy in Manila, Philippines and you will see at the bottom their is an online application for Filipino Nurses, at:

http://www.nursinguk.nhs.uk/

paste this link in your browswer, this is the official informatiion site for the UK National health service, this will tell you all you need to know about jobs with our NHS.

Also you are asking about major cities in the Uk, their are Filipino nurses working in all areas of the United Kingdom, mainly in the Big cities, you might want to cosnider the following.

London
Cardiff
Norwich
Manchester
Birmingham
Colchester
Chelmsford
Southend
Ashford
Bristol

Their are hundreds of major cities where Filipino Nurses have been placed, you will probably be linked to a particular vacancy, but you will most likely have to undergo and adaptation period once having been placed in UK, before you receive an ICC Pin number, please see the web site above to get the information you need.

Hope that helps

marvel
10th April 2005, 06:05
Dear fellows,

I am an English language teacher with over 8years of teaching experience in several countries. I have a Bachelor degree in Elementary Eduation from the Philippines.
My husband and I will be relocating to UK this summer and i would like to know:

1) The UK requirements for filipinos teachers? is there any by the way? possible contacts.
2) The documents to be passed and the fees?
3) The regitration body i will be under?

any additional information will be appreciated.

Thanks for the anticipated prompt response
i would appreciate ifyou would mail me at steppingstone732003@yahoo.com

maria

grahamw48
7th July 2005, 00:07
No way will you be qualified to teach English in the UK, if that's what you were hoping.

I have experience of both systems, having had my three children educated partly in the Philippines, and partly in England.

A shame really, as the standard of English amongst most British kids is APPALLING!

Admin
7th July 2005, 09:38
As far as I'm aware, you have to go through teacher training college, which takes 3-5 years the last time I enquired.

Also, in case your not aware, English kids are not like Filipino's, they are violent, abusive, & disrespectful, and the teacher has ZERO power to control them. The law in this country is with the child 100%

You can contact these sites to discover more, they'll give you some nice spin on the above :)

http://www.collegeboard.com/springboard/index.html

http://www.ucsm.ac.uk/courses/education/index.php

http://www.dns-tvind.dk/default.asp

CaptainSmirk
25th July 2006, 15:39
Also, in case your not aware, English kids are not like Filipino's, they are violent, abusive, & disrespectful, and the teacher has ZERO power to control them. The law in this country is with the child 100%

:doh Oh! and I got interested in this forum partly because my two friends (one nurse and one teacher) are applying for work in Scotland.

Thanks for this info - at least they'll know what to expect then. (We thought it was only in US - as vouched by a teacher friend who came home after a bad experience at teaching in a school in the ganglands there.)

Filial piety is one trait that Filipinos got from the Chinese colonizers, how to kowtow to the elders (be it by blood relations or by affinity or authority like teachers).

KeithD
25th July 2006, 17:45
Teacher only has to kiss the kid on the head for good behaviour and he's sacked & arrested for child abuse....I love this country :Brick:

emeyardyey
31st August 2006, 14:18
Hi! I found this job advertisement in the UK, a hospital somewhere in western england... I am in the Philippines and a fresh graduate of nursing. I recently passed the board exams for nursing here in the Philippines and I wanna ask some advice about it... They said I can apply and gain experience from their institution. What do I need to be eligibe for that job? I mean, do I have to take the CGFNS first or any exam? I am still not a registered nurse and am still waiting for things to clear out. Thank you... I would just like to be briefed on the basic things I need to know.

Hope you kind people can help...:Erm:

Doc898
31st August 2006, 14:54
Hi! I found this job advertisement in the UK, a hospital somewhere in western england... I am in the Philippines and a fresh graduate of nursing. I recently passed the board exams for nursing here in the Philippines and I wanna ask some advice about it... They said I can apply and gain experience from their institution. What do I need to be eligibe for that job? I mean, do I have to take the CGFNS first or any exam? I am still not a registered nurse and am still waiting for things to clear out. Thank you... I would just like to be briefed on the basic things I need to know.

Hope you kind people can help...:Erm:

Shame about that leakage scam. Well, i think you need to have at least 3 years experience in the philippines first. CGFNS is only applicable for US/Canada. You need to get IELTS intead. :Erm:

kazzandra
4th September 2006, 19:18
hi there new fresh graduate!!! well, i hope you wont get affected a il toomuch with the scandal. go and uplift the integrity of the pinoy nurses... am still a student in my senior year. goodluck to your IELTS..

baboyako
4th September 2006, 19:49
when i saw the scandal on tv (in the fil), they had some guy on from california who said that they had 150,000 nursing jobs open in california...

.. so although things may have tightened up in the UK, there are still plenty of vacancies.