PDA

View Full Version : 4 metre python found in Quezon City car park

Ako Si Jamie
28th September 2017, 23:09
I didn't know pythons existed in the Phils. :anerikke:

http://gulfnews.com/news/asia/philippines/4-metre-python-found-in-manila-parking-lot-1.2097524

Arthur Little
28th September 2017, 23:36
I didn't know pythons existed in the Phils. :anerikke:

Seems they do; indeed, one lunchtime during the period I'd been staying with Myrna's relatives in Tagum City, their son-in-law was heartily tucking into python meat and asked me if I fancied sampling a piece ... an offer which I politely declined! :repuke:

fred
28th September 2017, 23:59
Damned pythons keep eating my chickens.

Ako Si Jamie
29th September 2017, 06:57
Seems they do; indeed, one lunchtime during the period I'd been staying with Myrna's relatives in Tagum City, their son-in-law was heartily tucking into python meat and asked me if I fancied sampling a piece ... an offer which I politely declined! :repuke:

Grasshopper adobo seems to be another "delicacy" down that way as well.

Ako Si Jamie
29th September 2017, 06:59
Damned pythons keep eating my chickens.

Pythons in Bohol too? That's the last time I'm taking a leak in the bushes over there! :icon_lol:

Tawi2
30th September 2017, 07:08
Loads of pythons in the PI a big one was caught in manila a number of years ago after it ate a chained dog :cwm25: scarier than the pythons are the king cobra :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
30th September 2017, 07:58
There's one worse than the king cobra. It's called the Northern Philippine cobra - the deadliest cobra in the world and the third deadliest out of all species of snakes. Its venom will kill you in 30 minutes if it goes untreated.

Reverting back to pythons. I have actually seen one, I tell a lie :doh - the one in Bohol called Prony (now deceased) that was an attraction on the inland tour.

They tried to get me to hold it around my neck too :nono-1-1:

Ako Si Jamie
30th September 2017, 08:07
Loads of pythons in the PI a big one was caught in manila a number of years ago after it ate a chained dog :cwm25:

That snake didn't think that one through did it? :icon_lol:

Tawi2
30th September 2017, 08:14
I used to do quite a lot of hiking and running when I was based in HK I remember seeing one cobra on the island and several up in the new territories and saw one wild one in india.

Longweekend
30th September 2017, 09:43
We often came across spitting cobra's in our garden when we lived in Botswana, the dogs fortunately gave us a heads up by barking like crazy and jumping around them, on with the shades hit them with a spade and throw them over the wall and wait for an eagle to come and pick them up....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
30th September 2017, 11:51
We often came across spitting cobra's in our garden when we lived in Botswana, the dogs fortunately gave us a heads up by barking like crazy and jumping around them, on with the shades hit them with a spade and throw them over the wall and wait for an eagle to come and pick them up....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Did you find anything nasty in Pundaquit? :wink:

Longweekend
30th September 2017, 23:01
A couple of the locals were not so friendly....:cwm25:

grahamw48
30th September 2017, 23:17
Below:

The King Cobra, the world's largest venomous snake (up to 15ft), distributed around the Phils .

Plus, the sandy to brown coloured 'standard issue' venomous Cobra... very common throughout the Phils, reaching 6-10ft as adults.

Watch where you're walking, especially in the provinces, and especially at night. :smile:

A lot of people don't realise that there are also both Freshwater and (HUGE) Saltwater Crocs. So be careful where you're dipping your toes too. :D

fred
1st October 2017, 02:09
Pythons in Bohol too? That's the last time I'm taking a leak in the bushes over there! :icon_lol:

Lots of them and many other variety of snakes but its the spitting Cobras that I`m more concerned about.

Tawi2
1st October 2017, 09:01
Below:

The King Cobra, the world's largest venomous snake (up to 15ft), distributed around the Phils .

Plus, the sandy to brown coloured 'standard issue' venomous Cobra... very common throughout the Phils, reaching 6-10ft as adults.

Watch where you're walking, especially in the provinces, and especially at night. :smile:

A lot of people don't realise that there are also both Freshwater and (HUGE) Saltwater Crocs. So be careful where you're dipping your toes too. :D

The ginger haired guy is mark o'shea who was britains version of steve Irwin till he faded off the screens,did two programs on Filipino reptiles :smile:
As for the crocs I saw lolong when he was alive he was just over 20 feet long and a confirmed man-eater.

grahamw48
1st October 2017, 10:57
Yes, I remember watching Mr. O'Shea's programmes... the whole series. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
1st October 2017, 11:01
He is an author and herpetology lecturer now I think?He was once bitten by a king cobra and survived thanks to the prompt medical actions of one of his colleagues.

grahamw48
1st October 2017, 22:31
Yes, a dangerous occupation that finished off poor old Steve Irwin. :(