PDA

View Full Version : Quiche

Arthur Little
25th August 2017, 14:07
Strange word that!

Having received my most recent TESCO Clubcard coupons, I noticed one of those offered 25 extra points on any fresh pies or quiches.

Now I don't know ... :anerikke: ... how this commodity is pronounced south of the Border :nono-1-1: ... (with considerable difficulty, I should imagine! :icon_rolleyes:) But up here, it's referred to as "*keich".

Resultantly this, in turn, reminded me of the Scots expression "*keich", :biggrin:

.......................................................................................... :yeahthat:, which - to the uninitiated - means visiting the :action-smiley-082: and :action-smiley-081:"taking a dump!"

Hardly appetising, :readingpapers: ... and, effectively, downright :cwm24: offputting, to be honest.

Arthur Little
28th August 2017, 23:04
Strange word that!

Having received my most recent TESCO Clubcard coupons, I noticed one of those offered 25 extra points on any fresh pies or quiches.

Now I don't know ... :anerikke: ... how this commodity is pronounced south of the Border :nono-1-1: ... (with considerable difficulty, I should imagine! :icon_rolleyes:) But up here, it's referred to as "*keich".

Resultantly this, in turn, reminded me of the Scots expression "*keich", :biggrin:

.......................................................................................... :yeahthat:, which - to the uninitiated - means visiting the :action-smiley-082: and :action-smiley-081:"taking a dump!"

Hardly appetising, :readingpapers: ... and, effectively, downright :cwm24: offputting, to be honest.

These points I'll claim nonetheless,
Regardless of ... :cwm25: ... what I've said,
'Tho it won't be difficult to guess
That I shall buy the pies instead! :wink:

Steve.r
29th August 2017, 01:38
Pronounced key-shhh

SimonH
29th August 2017, 08:38
Sheeesh :doh