PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phones in my handbag

PAT
24th August 2017, 15:37
Hello all, I am here again getting so excited and nervous of my first visit to Phil. I am so nervous and worried thinking that I would be in a plane in few weeks but the same time excited to see all my family in the Philippines. I keep checking what my pasalubong are for them. I have three extra phones ( need to be unlocked when I get there) which I will give to my twin nieces and my sister.They are all good phones and in good condition. Now I am not sure where to put them whether in my handbag or in my luggage. I thought it is safe to put them in my handbag, but somebody told me the customs might be suspicious about me having these extra phone aside from one that I am using. What do you think?

Slip
24th August 2017, 20:04
Best to put them in checked in luggage. As when I worked at the airport, I was always told the supposed rules regarding hand luggage are, anything you are likely to need during the flight.... or within the first few moments upon leaving the airport.

Trefor
25th August 2017, 10:14
Personally, I'd put them in my hand baggage. High value items to lose if your suitcase goes missing (or gets opened by security). As long as you have proof of ownership of the phones and a reason - gifts, there should not be a problem. Unless we're talking £1,000s worth of iPhones and not just some old Samsungs here?

Over the years and many flights, I've learned the hard way not to put things I can't afford to lose in the hold baggage. You're still going through customs with both hand and hold luggage anyway.

Harry T
25th August 2017, 11:45
Personally, I'd put them in my hand baggage. High value items to lose if your suitcase goes missing (or gets opened by security). As long as you have proof of ownership of the phones and a reason - gifts, there should not be a problem. Unless we're talking £1,000s worth of iPhones and not just some old Samsungs here?

Over the years and many flights, I've learned the hard way not to put things I can't afford to lose in the hold baggage. You're still going through customs with both hand and hold luggage anyway.

Sound advice, in your hand luggage for sure.. :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm going over on 3rd October, and I will have the same as you phones :biggrin::biggrin: not i phones :smile: they will all be in my hand luggage.

PAT
25th August 2017, 12:38
Best to put them in checked in luggage. As when I worked at the airport, I was always told the supposed rules regarding hand luggage are, anything you are likely to need during the flight.... or within the first few moments upon leaving the airport.

Hello Slip, thank you very much for the reply. Yes, I will probably put the two in my luggage and one in my handbag. It would be alright ...hopefully. Thank you again. :smile:

PAT
25th August 2017, 12:51

Thanks for your reply Trefor. It is very much appreciated. I will put one in my hand bag, the other two in my luggage.They are all needing unlocked and I have a proof of purchase as well. Hopefully no problem.:smile:

PAT
25th August 2017, 12:56
Hi Harry T, my flight is on October 9, Glasgow Airport....iphones in my handbag, the nokia in my luggage.