PDA

View Full Version : The future is electric cars

Harry T
2nd August 2017, 11:24
Bearing in mind the recent media interest in all-electric cars, what are your thoughts? Me personally, I have seen the Hybrids that Toyota are producing, and asking a few Taxi drivers that run them they seem to have nothing but praise for them. Me, I will have to wait until the price comes down. I think the Car Manufacturers have dragged their feet for far too long in converting to electric vehicles.

Arthur Little
2nd August 2017, 14:18
Bearing in mind the recent media interest in all-electric cars, what are your thoughts? Me personally, I have seen the Hybrids that Toyota are producing, and asking a few Taxi drivers that run them they seem to have nothing but praise for them. Me, I will have to wait until the price comes down. I think the Car Manufacturers have dragged their feet for far too long in converting to electric vehicles.

:cwm25: ... interesting recent explanatory link from 'Auto Express' on this subject:- :yeahthat:!

www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/100276/uk-plans-petrol-and-diesel-car-sales-ban-from-2040 ... :ReadIt:

:Britain: To Ban ALL Petrol & Diesel Car Sales From 2040 ... and :iagree: with that!

Arthur Little
2nd August 2017, 18:16
:cwm25:

:Britain: To Ban ALL Petrol & Diesel Car Sales From 2040 ... and :iagree: with that!

Although ... :anerikke: ... there won't be many of my generation around by then! :NoNo:

jonnijon
2nd August 2017, 22:28
They seem a good idea at the moment, cheap to run. But the government is going to have to get fuel revenue back.

Harry T
2nd August 2017, 23:38
Although ... :anerikke: ... there won't be many of my generation around by then! :NoNo:

Like you say Arthur, some of us won't be around, :wink: but these current :doh batch of hybrids are quiet, :doh :biggrin: nice cars, but expensive.

Michael Parnham
3rd August 2017, 06:35
Needs to be worldwide and must include all transport including shipping, trucks, buses also heavy plant machinery etc etc, sooner rather than later, just hope it's not too late! :Erm: