PDA

View Full Version : Barrio Fiesta sa London....2017

Tawi2
2nd July 2017, 18:12
Philippine Centre
June 11 at 12:03am ·
STATEMENT ON THE 2017 33rd BARRIO FIESTA SA LONDON
Recent terrorist attacks in the UK heightened the risks associated in any event. Safety is of paramount importance to us and given the high profile and public nature of the annual Barrio Fiesta sa London, it is with regret that we made the tough decision to call off the outdoor, on-ground festivities of the event on July 15 and 16, 2017 at the Apps Court Farm on Walton-On-Thames, Surrey.
However, we, in the Philippine Centre, believe that the spirit of Filipino pride, culture and solidarity must continue to be celebrated even if expressed in other ways. We will steadfastly support initiatives that promote our unique heritage and world-class Filipino talent. The Barrio Fiesta sa London, in the end, remains a solid Filipino tradition that we will observe and honor for years to come with our partners and with the overseas Filipino community that we serve.
Details of the celebration of the 33rd Barrio Fiesta will follow.
We thank you all for your continued trust and understanding.
Philippine Centre

Tawi2
2nd July 2017, 18:20
The venue is apps court farm,its the archery club I am a member of,i honestly cant imagine anywhere less likely for a terrorist attack than a field in the middle of a farm next to a reservoir :Erm: Oh well Hampton court flower show next weekend

bigmarco
2nd July 2017, 19:22
Strange that as the Morden one was called off as well although they were upfront and said they were not prepared to pay the extra costs being asked.

Slip
2nd July 2017, 19:27
Will please the car booters at least

Tawi2
2nd July 2017, 19:33
Strange that as the Morden one was called off as well although they were upfront and said they were not prepared to pay the extra costs being asked.
I remember at Lambton park when some enterprising ladies of the Philippine persuasion decided to try and charge entry through one of the gates till a friendly policeman told them we call parks in the uk PUBLIC for a reason :biggrin: Cutting off their nose to spite their face if its to do with costs as I am sure they make a peso or two,this would have been the 33'rd barrio fiesta,if they didn't lavish so much on bringing superstar/megastars over :icon_lol: they would save a fortune.

Tawi2
2nd July 2017, 19:34
Will please the car booters at least
And the fishermen on the lake :wink::biggrin: