PDA

View Full Version : Northampton Area

raintrek
13th June 2017, 16:41
My husband has been here since February, we got married in March and he's missing face to face chat in his mother tongue.

Do we have any members within striking distance of Northampton he could perhaps start chatting to, male or female, it doesn't matter.

He's 38, we're a same sex couple. Back home in Imus he was a teacher but here he's still looking for work, the teaching degree from home barely covers turning up at uni for a year here so teaching isn't an option.

Anyone?

Steve

stevewool
13th June 2017, 19:53
My husband has been here since February, we got married in March and he's missing face to face chat in his mother tongue.

Do we have any members within striking distance of Northampton he could perhaps start chatting to, male or female, it doesn't matter.

He's 38, we're a same sex couple. Back home in Imus he was a teacher but here he's still looking for work, the teaching degree from home barely covers turning up at uni for a year here so teaching isn't an option.

Anyone?

Steve

Hope the wedding went well Steve.

We used to have a few members from Northampton, but it's been a while since they posted on here. Emma has such a large group of ladies here in Derby, Nottingham and Leicester, it could be different for girls to start to chat rather than men.

What about facetime people once you get to know them better?

Harry T
17th June 2017, 11:03
Maybe this could help, but not sure about the language issue.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lgbt+groups+near+me&oq=lbt+groups&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.8232j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=lgbt+groups+northampton

Slip
17th June 2017, 12:31
Maybe once you start working you will find filipino people in the workplace.
My wife said that their would be none when we moved. Within 2 days she was talking to a few in the local shop. One told her about a job going where she worked. 7 months later my wife still works there and has made many filipino friends in the local area.

fred
17th June 2017, 13:07
My best advice...When in Rome,do what the Romans do..
Tell him to immerse himself into the culture and learn it the hard way...Be cruel to be kind.
Trust me..He will meet other Filipino`s on his cultural journey.