PDA

View Full Version : The French Dream

stevewool
27th May 2017, 09:33
Another nice place if France is your place to retire too, I am sure France does not interest many but you must admit there are some beautiful places over there and not bad prices too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-bed-house-barn-woodland-pool-Charente-France-French-Limousin-REDUCED-/192191436961?hash=item2cbf8098a1:g:ibIAAOSwJ4hY9LU7

Harry T
27th May 2017, 10:32
Have you started learning French yet Steve? :biggrin: I get the feeling you may be leaning towards France now :biggrin:.

stevewool
27th May 2017, 11:08
have you started learning French yet Steve :biggrin: I get the feeling you may be leaning towards France now :biggrin:.

Oui,or we.
Not leaning anyway just at the moment, a view and somewhere safe is important to me.
Funny, we were just talking about what we may be wanting, and Emma would love a big kitchen and an open space so she can see the family all together. I did promise to build her that but there was no mention of the family sitting there watching her cook. :omg:

Harry T
27th May 2017, 11:46
Oui,or we.
Not leaning anyway just at the moment, a view and somewhere safe is important to me.
Funny, we were just talking about what we may be wanting, and Emma would love a big kitchen and an open space so she can see the family all together. I did promise to build her that but there was no mention of the family sitting there watching her cook. :omg:

Steve, you should know Filipinos, and extended families go hand in hand.. :biggrin:

stevewool
27th May 2017, 14:31
Steve, you should know Filipinos, and extended families go hand in hand.. :biggrin:

Yes I do know that. Also, have you noticed how many of the family members never seem to send or help members of the family? They seem to turn a blind eye to that hoping someone else will volunteer first, then they will all offer once that is known.

Tawi2
27th May 2017, 14:49
Emma would love a big kitchen and an open space so she can see the family all together

Best get saving then, so you can pay for all the airfares and Schengen visas for the pinoy side of the family, then they will eat you out of house and home when they arrive and still expect you to front up for a tour of Paris and trips up the Eiffel tower and suchlike for them all :biggrin:

Tawi2
27th May 2017, 14:50
.........And that house has 13 rooms, just enough for them all :smile:

Harry T
27th May 2017, 15:14
.........And that house has 13 rooms, just enough for them all :smile:

I havent looked, is there room to extend :biggrin::biggrin: that would cover your promise Hahaha

Tawi2
27th May 2017, 15:37
I havent looked, is there room to extend :biggrin::biggrin: that would cover your promise Hahaha

There is room to extend AND a swimming pool so they can do their washing in :wink:

stevewool
27th May 2017, 16:29
Best get saving then, so you can pay for all the airfares and Schengen visas for the pinoy side of the family, then they will eat you out of house and home when they arrive and still expect you to front up for a tour of Paris and trips up the Eiffel tower and suchlike for them all :biggrin:

It's nice to look and see what is out there, letting your money go through your fingers is another matter. :biggrin:

stevewool
27th May 2017, 16:31
.........And that house has 13 rooms,just enough for them all :smile:

As I am one of 13 children, I thought it was my lucky place, but they seem to have counted every room, even the hallway.

stevewool
27th May 2017, 16:32

Did not think that I needed to get that big open plan kitchen, as there is an outside kitchen with the best view ever, plus a quarter of an acre woodland just up the road.

stevewool
27th May 2017, 16:34
There is room to extend AND a swimming pool so they can do their washing in :wink:

:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher: