PDA

View Full Version : bad reputation

dave65
23rd February 2006, 15:34
Just had a rather worried girlfriend emailing she has heard from more than 1 source that english guys expect to marry a filipina and have a filipna maid and get to sleep with both of them :blink: ...she wanted to know if this is 'usual' over here
...is this really how they view us if so thats really sad :(
for me Jasmine will be the more than enough
i would just like a loyal loving wife to have a family with and build my world around
but we guys really do seem to have a bad rep. over there guess it only takes one bad apple etc
not sure how to over come this really because it takes a big leap of faith for her to believe a boyfriend or fiance over friends and collegues she has known for years

i am sure this has happened to some girls but it seems we could do with some of the wifes over here who have found this is not the usual thing to let people back home know <_<

walesrob
23rd February 2006, 16:00
Originally posted by dave65@Feb 23 2006, 02:34 PM
Just had a rather worried girlfriend emailing she has heard from more than 1 source that english guys expect to marry a filipina and have a filipna maid and get to sleep with both of them :blink: ...she wanted to know if this is &#39;usual&#39; over here

Quoted post

Wow

I came across something similair with Elsa.. While we were dating and she was in Hong Kong, her friend kept feeding her stories. Now this friend of hers was dating an "American" and he was obviuosly winding her up. The best one was that every night, British husbands of filipinas beat their wife with a 12 inch ruler. Elsa did ask me about this, and I tried not to laugh, omg :cwm24: Then theres the one that the Beatles and Bonnie Tyler are actually American.

I put it down the fact that people in Philippines dont even know where the UK is - I came across this so many times. The best one is I tell them I&#39;m from Wales. Where? England? Where? UK? Ah USA?&#33; NO UK&#33; Thats in Canada right? :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh:

fred
23rd February 2006, 16:11
english guys expect to marry a filipina and have a filipna maid and get to sleep with both of them

Well actually...
Ah never mind.

Eljohno
23rd February 2006, 16:18
Originally posted by walesrob@Feb 23 2006, 03:00 PM
Wow

I came across something similair with Elsa.. While we were dating and she was in Hong Kong, her friend kept feeding her stories. Now this friend of hers was dating an "American" and he was obviuosly winding her up. The best one was that every night, British husbands of filipinas beat their wife with a 12 inch ruler. Elsa did ask me about this, and I tried not to laugh, omg :cwm24: Then theres the one that the Beatles and Bonnie Tyler are actually American.

I put it down the fact that people in Philippines dont even know where the UK is - I came across this so many times. The best one is I tell them I&#39;m from Wales. Where? England? Where? UK? Ah USA?&#33; NO UK&#33; Thats in Canada right? :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh:

Quoted post

You know it is not just the Filipinos that sometimes do not know much about the UK, i was in USA a few years ago and some of them thought N.Ireland was connected with Scotland and they seemed to think things like electricity was a new thing to us.

You are always going to hear bad stories, i am not sure if any of you watched a program a few months ago were a filipina had her English husband killed for money and coz he was going to divorce her as she was having an affair. Well it made my friends ask me questions like " are you sure you are doing the right thing & do you really know her" i just laughed. 80+ million people in the Philippines and they hear of one bad apple and get weary of my relationship.

Thats why they need to come to our forum and check us out and see we are not wife beaters or killers. :xxmixed-smiley-017:

John

deepete
23rd February 2006, 17:14
Depends what the maid looks like :D

Pauldo
23rd February 2006, 22:07
Originally posted by dave65@Feb 23 2006, 03:34 PM
Just had a rather worried girlfriend emailing she has heard from more than 1 source that english guys expect to marry a filipina and have a filipna maid and get to sleep with both of them :blink: ...she wanted to know if this is &#39;usual&#39; over here
...is this really how they view us if so thats really sad :(

Quoted post

Bwaahaahaa. If only I could AFFORD a maid&#33;&#33;&#33; The best I could get to stay with us was the 63 year old Mother In Law&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I see where you&#39;re coming from though, as women my wife met, in shops, on buses, in the street, would tell her immediately they found out I was a seaman, that I had a girlfriend in every port. No &#39;ifs&#39; or &#39;buts&#39;, they just KNEW I had. They were not ashamed to pour out this drivel whether I was stood there or not.

Which brings us neatly back to the old Filipino &#39;crab mentality&#39; issue...... :Doh:

They HATE to see someone do better than them, be happier than them, or be more succesful, and will bend over backwards to drag you back down to their level if they get the chance :cwm23:

Eljohno
23rd February 2006, 22:20
What about the filipina wives over here, do they like doing housework or would they like a maid if it was an option?

My friend from England who lives in the Philippines has a young girl as a maid and as well as paying her is helping her through college..

When i move there i think i would like to have a maid if i get the opportunity.

John

Admin
23rd February 2006, 22:58
Originally posted by walesrob@Feb 23 2006, 03:00 PM
British husbands of filipinas beat their wife with a 12 inch ruler. :Doh: :Doh:

Pathetic......It&#39;s 14 inches actually :Wave:

Pauldo
25th February 2006, 17:44
Originally posted by Eljohno@Feb 23 2006, 10:20 PM
What about the filipina wives over here, do they like doing housework or would they like a maid if it was an option?

My friend from England who lives in the Philippines has a young girl as a maid and as well as paying her is helping her through college..

When i move there i think i would like to have a maid if i get the opportunity.
John

Quoted post

A single guy might like a maid to sort his hovel out for him, I can understand that, but I refused to have a maid when my wife and I lived over there. Any housewife who is too lazy to do the daily chores is not a good wife :Erm:

If a couple had several kids and a big house I could understand, or if both parents were working, but just someone to wash and clean because the wife is too lazy would be a recipe for disaster. What would the wife do all day, apart from go shopping and make chismis with the other local lazy housewives? :huh:

Eljohno
25th February 2006, 17:49
Originally posted by Pauldo@Feb 25 2006, 04:44 PM
A single guy might like a maid to sort his hovel out for him, I can understand that, but I refused to have a maid when my wife and I lived over there. Any housewife who is too lazy to do the daily chores is not a good wife :Erm:

If a couple had several kids and a big house I could understand, or if both parents were working, but just someone to wash and clean because the wife is too lazy would be a recipe for disaster. What would the wife do all day, apart from go shopping and make chismis with the other local lazy housewives? :huh:

Quoted post

Hi of course what you are saying is along the lines i was thinking. I would not want a maid just for the sake of having one but if a time comes that both my wife and i have to much work on and cannot find the time to do everything.I am not sure even then if Rhea would want a maid...

ginapeterb
25th February 2006, 18:40
Originally posted by fred@Feb 23 2006, 03:11 PM
Well actually...
Ah never mind.

Quoted post

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm &#33;&#33;

Admin
25th February 2006, 19:02
If we got a maid it would have to be a male.....best not to put temptation in front of a scouser :Wave:

Eljohno
25th February 2006, 20:08
Originally posted by admin@Feb 25 2006, 06:02 PM
If we got a maid it would have to be a male.....best not to put temptation in front of a scouser :Wave:

Quoted post

Keith the maid would always know who your first love was anyway.................................Liverpool Fc of course :D