PDA

View Full Version : Wrap up warm you rich OAPs

stevewool
18th May 2017, 08:13
Winter Fuel allowance to be cut for the rich OAPs, and yes it will be means tested too.
I do know a few OAPs who did not want this at all and when they said they don't want it, well sorry you have to have it then you can give it away to whereever you want.
I am sure there are folk out there who do need it and again lots who do not.
So make sure you old folk get down to Primark and get those onesis and thermal underwear for when you need to be warmer in the winter months, also buy those candles now because they too will go up soon, also keeping your socks on will keep you warm.
Buy a thermos to save you from boiling the kettle and if you have two fill one with soup for that warm evening meal, but make sure you label them WATER and SOUP.
You know it makes sense.

Trefor
18th May 2017, 09:56
Good idea.

The amusing thing about 'rich' OAPs who retire to the Med is that they soon find that Rural France and Southern Spain are COLD in the winter, and the houses do not have sufficient insulation/efficient heating either. They would be warmer back in the UK with a typical house and a decent Worcester Bosch.

grahamw48
18th May 2017, 11:13
I thought expats in Europe still received the winter fuel allowance . :Erm:

Wish I could get it in the Phils. :cwm3:

johncar54
18th May 2017, 17:22
I believe those who were receiving the allowance when they came to Spain continued to get it. I never have but then I cannot claim to be poor, albeit I am not rich.