PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what that lorry is carrying?

stevewool
17th May 2017, 20:11
Do you ever wonder what some vehicles are carrying on our roads as you pass them?
We carry so many different items and dangerous chemicals and explosives and other stuff too, but you have to have so many different licenses to carry these things.
You would be surprised at some of the items we have carried for the MOD. So what is the problem with this load?
Ok, it broke down for a while.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/convoy-carrying-nuclear-warheads-breaks-down-on-motorway-sparking-fears-for-public-safety/ar-BBBepBL?li=BBoPRmx

Ako Si Jamie
20th May 2017, 09:32
Do you ever wonder what some vehicles are carrying on our roads as you pass them?

Yeah. Whether they're carrying idiots or not. Nothing against the old school truckers but the new breed think they own the road.

Harry T
20th May 2017, 18:10
Take a look at some of the overnight Goods Trains, then you might wonder even more, some of them certainly look interesting. :biggrin:

stevewool
20th May 2017, 20:03
Take a look at some of the overnight Goods Trains, then you might wonder even more, some of them certainly look interesting. :biggrin:

I watch a tv program about this train that set of from the Peak District full of cement heading for central London, it had to keep to a time, get into London empty its load and return before a set time, and if it did not get out of London at that time it came back with whatever it could not unload.

Slip
20th May 2017, 21:30
It's like when you are sat on a plane, ever thought what you are sat above?
I hadn't until I worked at the airport.
Thankfully the CAA set out out rules for the transportation of cargo, so providing everybody does their job correctly you're pretty much safe in your seat.