PDA

View Full Version : Visit Visa Help!!!!!

Harry T
14th May 2017, 08:21
You guys are all pretty much familiar with me now on here not often that Im asking for help, but Im asking now. Most of you are aware that my Fiancee Jan has just got her first Passport after being delayed with this due to some kind person stealing all her IDs while i was with her back in february.
We are in the process of filling in her online Visit visa application, however we have got to the point of where she needs to attend, and its only offering Manila she has never been to Manila, and doesnt really want to go there, i have, and its not really my favourite place either. I have been advised that i can apply in Cebu but having browsed this https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippines/index.html site I cannot find anything relating to what i need to do to apply for a Standard visit Visa, Citizenship & Settlement yes, visit visa no, if any of you guys have a spare hour or two :biggrin: can you help us please ?.

stevewool
14th May 2017, 08:46
Sorry Harry, I have no idea about this at all. We would like to get Emma's dad here and that would all be done in Manila if it was to go ahead.
I will try to look up but I am sure you have done all that I will try to find.

stevewool
14th May 2017, 08:56
Just asked Emma and she says everything has to go through Manila, so that's where you have to go.
Now I don't want to say she is wrong or she is right, but hopefully someone who is going through this may or may not give a little advice on this.

Tawi2
14th May 2017, 09:10
That link you posted Harry, is that just an agency?

Slip
14th May 2017, 12:18
I believe everything is done in Manila. Harlene lived 10 hours away from Manila when she was doing her Spouse visa. Luckily her Sister lives in Manila so she stayed there whilst doing documents and TB tests etc etc...

Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge might prove me wrong and answer differently here, I hope so for your sake.

Harry T
14th May 2017, 12:29
That link you posted Harry, is that just an agency?

Tawi, VFS are an official partner to UKVI I know for a fact they are also used in China by the UKVI, they collect all the visa applications, and support documents, then forward them on to the relevant UKVI departments who then sift through the applications, and say yeah or nay, of course VFS charge for these services, and probably also get paid by UKVI, good work if you can get it :biggrin:

timi
21st June 2017, 12:59
In june there seemed to be an option on applying in Cebu if its visit visa need to prove why she will RETURN to Philippines
medivisa in uk were really helpful

robbie bobby
23rd June 2017, 23:19
You guys are all pretty much familiar with me now on here not often that Im asking for help, but Im asking now. Most of you are aware that my Fiancee Jan has just got her first Passport after being delayed with this due to some kind person stealing all her IDs while i was with her back in february.
We are in the process of filling in her online Visit visa application, however we have got to the point of where she needs to attend, and its only offering Manila she has never been to Manila, and doesnt really want to go there, i have, and its not really my favourite place either. I have been advised that i can apply in Cebu but having browsed this https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippines/index.html site I cannot find anything relating to what i need to do to apply for a Standard visit Visa, Citizenship & Settlement yes, visit visa no, if any of you guys have a spare hour or two :biggrin: can you help us please ?.

Just fill in the online application and yes you can go to Cebu to submit the documents.The VFS will ask you which centre you want to apply to and you then choose cebu from the dropdown menu.You have to pay a bit extra for the appointment in Cebu and you can choose your date and time for the appointment.I do visas there many times per year for the family and it's always went smooth.initailly there were some teething problems because they were not quite sure of the right documentation but it's sweet as a nut now.Its much easier and civilised in Cebu too.No big queues not lots of people kicking about.My family were basically in and out every time.i would fully endorse using Cebu.After filling in the online application it will ask you to pay for the appointment and it will show you the link which you click on so it's actually quite easy to understand too.