PDA

View Full Version : Aldi - a great shop

stevewool
12th May 2017, 21:06
Aldi are planning on opening up to eight shops in some UK towns.
We have 3 here in Derby and I think they are great too.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/companies/aldi-plans-to-open-up-to-eight-stores-in-some-uk-towns/ar-BBB1Qze?li=AA54rU

grahamw48
12th May 2017, 23:24
I agree.

A tasty big brown loaf for 44p is worth walking past Tesco for... and the cheese slices and margarine to put on the bread are much cheaper too... as is the pickle.

You can even buy a solar-powered plate and cheese dish to put them on, while you're at it.

Michael Parnham
13th May 2017, 06:19
I agree.

A tasty big brown loaf for 44p is worth walking past Tesco for... and the cheese slices and margarine to put on the bread are much cheaper too... as is the pickle.

You can even buy a solar-powered plate and cheese dish to put them on, while you're at it.

Very true Graham. :wink:

cheekee
19th May 2017, 06:51
They are hopefully opening one just along the road from me soon. My closest one at the moment doesn't have parking. We shop at Lidl mostly. I save a lot shopping there.

Ako Si Jamie
4th July 2017, 20:29
Have they always sold Kingsmill loaves for 75p? Can't say I've noticed before. Thats 50p cheaper than my local convenience store. I usually buy the Sunblest loaves from Farmfoods - two for a quid.

Anyway, I was in Aldi earlier after leaving work. Bought around a dozen items and got to the checkout. Guy behind me had a packet of biscuits so I let him go first. The assistant scanned the biscuits and he realised he didn't have enough to buy them so turned around to me and asked for 9p the cheeky bugger. Did he expect me to carry them home for him too?

Tawi2
4th July 2017, 22:13
he realised he didn't have enough to buy them so turned around to me and asked for 9p the cheeky bugger.

Tsk....tsk....tsk.......never get that in waitrose or Marks and sparks :icon_lol:

RudolphRon
5th July 2017, 08:51
Aldi actually have some great deals.