PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision song contest

stevewool
11th May 2017, 07:29
Now we are in the process of coming out of the EU, do you think we will not be allowed into the EUrovision song contest anymore.:biggrin:
I wonder if they will let us win it this year to keep us in the gang.

Longweekend
11th May 2017, 09:51
Unfortunately a country does not have to be in the EU to take part....:NoNo:

stevewool
11th May 2017, 10:03

Years of more crap and bearded ladies singing then or were they men? :doh

Arthur Little
11th May 2017, 19:08
'Esc' isn't just the top left-hand button on your computer keyboard, :nono-1-1: ... it's also the shortened form of escape! Escape this evening's BBC4 live coverage featuring 18 acts, hopeful of competing for 10 slots - in the run~up to Saturday's final from Kiev.

Concentrate instead, on tuning into the same channel a couple of hours later, from ten till eleven o'clock ... to watch performances from the Swedish foursome, Agnetha Faltskog, Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson & Anni-Frid Lyngstad - better~known as Abba - who shot to instant stardom after winning the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest in the UK with "Waterloo" and, I must confess, has since remained my all-time favourite pop group.

www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/cq79dr/abba-at-the-bbc

Arthur Little
12th May 2017, 01:59

... doesn't even need to be part of continental Europe either, t'would seem; :NoNo: as in the case of Israel, which - despite being bordered by the Mediterranean - is, geographically, an Asian country.

Having said that, of course ... :anerikke: ... most of its population ARE, in fact, understood to be of European descent.