PDA

View Full Version : It's good to be alive!

stevewool
5th May 2017, 15:21
We all have our ups and downs in life but still we soldier on going about our daily chores.
Over the past few weeks I have felt a little off, maybe a few have noticed this, :Rasp:.
Anyway, off to the doctor's I went and after he seen me he referred me to the hospital.
A very quick appointment was made and as he said there is nothing to worry about.
The appointment was this morning at 9 am and feeling a little nervous they called me in.
After looking and checking me over they gave me the best news I have had since Steve R brought me that drink all those years ago.
Nothing to worry about it's not cancerous.
You worry when you find something that you think should not be there, and you always think the worst too.
All my plans I may have lost and what future would Emma have too? These things all go through your mind while waiting to see what the outcome would be.
One thing I did not do was to check the internet for information, that's a big no no.
Anyway Steve is fine and all is well as could be.
Maybe I can get back to my old self of taking the pee. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Longweekend
5th May 2017, 17:57
Great news...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
5th May 2017, 19:22
Great news...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you for your reply to this thread, its always nice to hear from someone rather then a glance from others.
That is another drink I shall have to buy you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th May 2017, 19:51
GREAT news, Steve! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yeahthat:'s bound to be a BIG relief ... phew! And it means you'll be able to buy me a drink too, at our next reunion. :wink:

Tawi2
5th May 2017, 20:25
Glad your ok mate,we all seem caught up in mundane things,day to day living,but remember.......Health is wealth :wink:

stevewool
5th May 2017, 20:46
GREAT news, Steve! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yeahthat:'s bound to be a BIG relief ... phew! And it means you'll be able to buy me a drink too, at our next reunion. :wink:

Arthur it would be very nice for many of us to meet up again, the planning that was put into that was so good, but could it ever happen again who knows, but if it did the first drink would be on me, 2 sugars :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
5th May 2017, 20:50
Glad your ok mate,we all seem caught up in mundane things,day to day living,but remember.......Health is wealth :wink:

It does make you think hard.
I have all these plans but they all include Emma, now if something was to happen to me rather quickly, where does that leave us.
To retire and live the dream taking Emma away from what she knows here and live for a year or so, or stay here and let Emma live and work and stay with the friends and family i know she likes.
But i dont have to think that now, so onwards and upwards :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
6th May 2017, 04:05
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
6th May 2017, 11:51
Arthur it would be very nice for many of us to meet up again, the planning that was put into that was so good, but could it ever happen again who knows, but if it did the first drink would be on me, 2 sugars :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good news that you're OK, Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's hard to believe our meeting in sunny Scarborough was 5 years ago ! It was worth all the planning and travelling to get together " for real " :smile:.

As for " checking the internet " , you're wise to be cautious - either before or after you have a medical diagnosis. There are thought to be over half a billion sites on the web that are flagged up by searching for " cancer " alone ! Any posts made by me on health topics use reliable sources, and I don't give individual advice, whether or not I know a Forum member personally.

stevewool
6th May 2017, 17:10
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Fred:smile:

stevewool
6th May 2017, 17:12
Good news that you're OK, Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's hard to believe our meeting in sunny Scarborough was 5 years ago ! It was worth all the planning and travelling to get together " for real " :smile:.

As for " checking the internet " , you're wise to be cautious - either before or after you have a medical diagnosis. There are thought to be over half a billion sites on the web that are flagged up by searching for " cancer " alone ! Any posts made by me on health topics use reliable sources, and I don't give individual advice, whether or not I know a Forum member personally.

Time does go by so quick, but we still have the memories .
Thank you Alan .:smile: