PDA

View Full Version : 100 billion you owe us

stevewool
3rd May 2017, 08:12
100 billion for us to leave the EU.
Will this be broken down so we can see where it has been owed too and why.
100 BILLION sounds a lot and is a lot too, so why is it so much, when we only pay in around 14 billion per year and then they may return around 4 billion back to us.
Seems strange and i wonder who will break first.
Our only good thing in our favor is we import more then we export to the EU , so all this talk is not about today ,its about the future for everyone, lets hope they are all adults when the meet.

fred
3rd May 2017, 11:54
I`m old enough to remember when 100 Billion was A LOT of money.
Anyway..if I was negotiating I`d say I aint got it all on me right now...What about one Quid a week for 120 Billion weeks..The 20 Billion Quid extra would be interest owed.
How hard is that?

Longweekend
3rd May 2017, 12:01
Sounds fair to me...:xxgrinning--00xx3: Oh and by the way, we also want free access to the European market...:biggrin:

stevewool
3rd May 2017, 12:24
Are they going to have free access to our markets i wonder?

fred
3rd May 2017, 12:34
Are they going to have free access to our markets i wonder?

Problem is this aint a normal capitalist market with a level playing field and fair competition...It has rules that are favourable and were designed by the big institutions that employ the politicians that make the rules..
When politicians make rules and regulations..RUN FOR THE HILLS.
If you watch MMA (mixed martial arts) you will understand that the UK have almost escaped a fatal rear naked choke...
I said "nearly"!! It aint over yet...Not by a long way.

stevewool
3rd May 2017, 13:05
Have you finished your project now Fred, or you are having a break?? :biggrin:

fred
3rd May 2017, 13:42
Have you finished your project now Fred, or you are having a break?? :biggrin:

Nowhere near finished..I need a break though..
I`ll stick a pic up for you in the elite area..

stevewool
3rd May 2017, 13:46
Nowhere near finished..I need a break though..
I`ll stick a pic up for you in the elite area..

Was that deleted, or do I need my glasses? :biggrin:

joebloggs
3rd May 2017, 20:27
with 3 million EU citizens living in the UK, its time they started paying for the visa game,
3 million * £2,000 each for ILR is er :Erm: £6bn (unless i've done a Diane Abbott :biggrin:)

oh it would only be fair as a British citizen I've had the privilege of paying for my wife and stepson,
we wouldn't want to discriminate against them :wink:

next, they shouldn't be able to claim any sort of benefits until they have ILR, just as those on work permits or the spouses or British citizens cannot

or I'm a bit flexible here, we can send the bill to the EU for any benefits claimed by EU citizens :wink:

stevewool
3rd May 2017, 20:33
with 3 million EU citizens living in the UK, its time they started paying for the visa game,
3 million * £2,000 each for ILR is er :Erm: £6bn (unless i've done a Diane Abbott :biggrin:)

oh it would only be fair as a British citizen I've had the privilege of paying for my wife and stepson,
we wouldn't want to discriminate against them :wink:

next, they shouldn't be able to claim any sort of benefits until they have ILR , just as those on work permits or the spouses or British citizens can not

or I'm a bit flexible here, we can send the bill to the EU for any benefits claimed by EU citizens :wink:

Amazing ain't it, so simple it could be.
Then they try to say that the problem is not Europe it's the people from outside Europe coming here from the east.

joebloggs
3rd May 2017, 20:54
Then they try to say that the problem is not Europe it's the people from outside Europe coming here from the east.

that will be in the future when the Ukraine joins the EU, how many Russians will be living in the EU with Ukrainian passports :biggrin: