PDA

View Full Version : Visa for my son

hildayoung
22nd February 2006, 13:36
I am here now in the UK with my husband. We want to petition my 7 year old son from Manila, I was not married to my son's father, so my son has my surname. Can I petition him just like what my husband did with me? He just send me bank statements, letter from employer, marriage contract, lease agreement, passport, my husband's visa (he is from Manila on 5 yr work permit). Anything else needed to petition my son? I am not working yet. So all the papers will be his, except the bank statement which are now joint

Pauldo
22nd February 2006, 15:06
Originally posted by hildayoung@Feb 22 2006, 01:36 PM
I am here now in the UK with my husband. We want to petition my 7 year old son from Manila, I was not married to my son's father, so my son has my surname. Can I petition him just like what my husband did with me? He just send me bank statements, letter from employer, marriage contract, lease agreement, passport, my husband's visa (he is from Manila on 5 yr work permit). Anything else needed to petition my son? I am not working yet. So all the papers will be his, except the bank statement which are now joint

Quoted post

I gather from your post that both you and your husband are both Filipinos? I also gather that your husband is not actually your sons father. What is your particular visa status in the UK?

Depending on your visa status you should be able to bring your son over as a dependent.

hildayoung
22nd February 2006, 15:16
Originally posted by Pauldo@Feb 22 2006, 02:06 PM
I gather from your post that both you and your husband are both Filipinos? I also gather that your husband is not actually your sons father. What is your particular visa status in the UK?

Depending on your visa status you should be able to bring your son over as a dependent.

Quoted post

We are both Filipino. My husband got 5 yrs work permit and I got work permit dependent visa. He will be 4 yrs here in July 27th, and I just arrive 18 of Nov. I was thinking since I was not married to my son's father that I have the sole custody of my son and nothing is needed from his dad or lawyer, just the usual papers needed by the embassy for dependents.

Pauldo
22nd February 2006, 17:32
Originally posted by hildayoung@Feb 22 2006, 03:16 PM
We are both Filipino. My husband got 5 yrs work permit and I got work permit dependent visa. He will be 4 yrs here in July 27th, and I just arrive 18 of Nov. I was thinking since I was not married to my son's father that I have the sole custody of my son and nothing is needed from his dad or lawyer, just the usual papers needed by the embassy for dependents.

Quoted post

I can't give you any more info, as I don't really know any. You could call the embassy in Manila. They can be quite helpful if you can get the right person on the phone. My wife called them several times when applying as a sponsor for her mum to come to the UK.

Spend plenty of time scouring the embassy website. It gets long and complicated, jumping from page to page, but there is information to be found there.

Have you also thought about who will out sort the application paperworks in the PI? Currently, applications are collected by an embassy courier of sorts, and taken to the embassy. The applicant doesn't need to go to the embassy unless an interview is necessary.

mupsuit
22nd February 2006, 19:25
Originally posted by hildayoung@Feb 22 2006, 03:16 PM

Quoted post

You are correct - as long as your son's birth certificate makes no reference to the father - (perhaps it says Father Unknown) then you do not need any other paperwork from the father to make the application - You have sole custody -

also when you get his UK visa you do not need anything from the father to allow your son to travel

Good luck