PDA

View Full Version : British Man and Filipina lover being Hunted by Police.

ginapeterb
4th January 2008, 18:47
David Scott - British Guy Facing 7 years in a Filipino hell hole Jail for being involved in Adulterous affair with his married Filipina lover.

Daily Mail today reports on page 26 that a Briton by the name of David Scott who met over internet, one Cynthia Villamor are being hunted by PNP in relation to a " Reklamo ng Reklamo" Filipino husband who said he is still married to the lady.

Police say Cynthia became pregnant with David Scotts child before she officially seperated from her ex-husband.

The couple have already been incarcerated in what was described by the Mail as a rat-infested prison cell, but Mr Scott's lawyer managed to get them released on a technicality, as the PNP has the man's name as can you believe this ?

John Doe

David has been in the Phils for 2 months, and refuses to leave without his girl even though his lawyer has advised him to leave the Republic and fly home, Last weekend, PNP stormed into her parents house to arrest them both in central Manila.

Last night, David Scott was sticking 2 fingers up at the PNP and said "He is not leaving without his family, maybe the British Embassy can do something for me ?"

David said that Cynthia has already been charged with adultery, which unlike in a mans case, the charge would be concubinage, much harder to prove than a woman's adultery, hence the charges have been laid at her door.

David said "I just want to bring my family back to England" and is hoping that the Embassy can do something ? well we all know what hope did !"

Cynthia was reported to have been seperated from her husband for 3 years, and David cannot understand why she has been arrested ? since under UK laws the charges are a complete joke.

A spokesman for the Foreign office said they were aware of David's arrest, and British consular officials in Manila, have visited him and are said to be providing assistance, although at this stage we do not know what that is.

Petes commentary

Most probably reading between the lines, this is an attempt by the Reklamo ng Reklamo Filipino husband to extort money from David Scott, otherwise known as compensation money for the embarassment he has seen to have suffered.

Otherwise the matter would never have come to light, if the two of them had not lived together for 3 years, then there is no reason to suppose that there was a marriage ongoing, this is always the trouble with Filipino laws, they bind people together, even when its clearly obvious they will never be a married couple.

David Scott I presume just assumed, the couple were estranged, and in his own mind, he has done nothing wrong, however in the case of a married woman who has not been legally anulled, the husband can under the family code file charges for adultery against his wife, even though they may not live together.

What a bummer for Mr Scott, who now faces the prospect of having to dodge a few Filipino land mines along the way, that can generally be detonated with a few hundred thousand pesos.

KeithD
4th January 2008, 19:46
I think you need to start reading The Sun....stay abreast of the news :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
4th January 2008, 20:16
not sure of your point Keith ?

joebloggs
4th January 2008, 20:52
I think you need to start reading The Sun....stay abreast of the news :rolleyes:

:yikes::icon_lol:

i'm surprised your ever get past page 3 scouser keith :D

KeithD
5th January 2008, 10:00
not sure of your point Keith ?

Daily Mails a bit posh for us Northerners :D

Are laws are going the same way as the Phil, give it a few years, and living with your mate for a couple of years, will probably result in a 'divorce' settlement when you chuck him out to move your bid in. :doh

Ann07
5th January 2008, 15:45
Ive read that column too Pete... it was my father in law who asked me if i have read it. he is more updated about the Philippines:D And we discussed the issue at home :NoNo: