PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 taxi drivers suspended

A_flyer
3rd January 2008, 21:31
1,000 taxi drivers suspended : (Friday Jan 8, 2008)
THE Land Transportation Office (LTO) has suspended for one month 1,000 taxi drivers who were the subject of complaints from commuters, and were netted under the agency’s “Oplan Isnabero” program which started in December...
Read more here: http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2008/jan/04/yehey/metro/20080104met5.html

Useful to call the LTO number indicated on the taxi "how is my driving" if you're not satisfied:

The 1,350 taxi drivers the LTO summoned were cited for refusal to convey passengers, defective taximeter and overcharging or asking for additional cash.

love8888
3rd January 2008, 21:41
Good for them as they are really ripped off the customers.
And I really hates them how many times my blood rise up as they over charging us and never use the taximeter.

nigel
3rd January 2008, 22:48
I've used the taxi's many, many times in Davao, had no problem at all!!:Erm: I always tipped them, maybe I've just been lucky, they seemed like a good bunch to me!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

A_flyer
3rd January 2008, 22:58
The worst taxi drivers are in Manila. And as this article is from the " Metro" section of the Manila Times. I highly suspect these suspended, fined or summoned are from Metro Manila area.

You have less problems in the province.

Alan
3rd January 2008, 23:11
How not to get ripped off by taxi drivers...................

Move to Dumaguete........................

No taxis! :D

Al.:)

KeithD
3rd January 2008, 23:13
I'd like to suspend a few taxi drivers from a tree in this country :)

A_flyer
3rd January 2008, 23:19
How not to get ripped off by taxi drivers...................

Move to Dumaguete........................

No taxis! :D

Al.:)
and how are tricycle drivers there :Erm:

nigel
3rd January 2008, 23:28
Awww I feel sorry for those tricycle riders..:NoNo: Do you mean the ones that are on the pedal tricycle thingy's? Awww poor buggers..:NoNo:

walesrob
3rd January 2008, 23:29
No taxis in Tacloban as well, but plenty (in fact too many)motor tricycles. Most are fair and charge the proper price, some see a white face, and the fare rises steeply. :NoNo:

Some taxi drivers in Manila really take the p&*s - one guy wanted 500 peso to go from Bel Air Makati to Glorietta. Suffice to say every swear word known to Elsa was thrown at him...poor bugger.. :cwm24:

A_flyer
3rd January 2008, 23:53
Now you know what to do: call or text at the LTO number written on the taxi after noting his license or plate number to raise a complain:

The one-month suspension and fine slapped by the LTO is for the first offense. A six-month suspension and fine will be slapped for the second offense, while a third offense will result in the revocation of the driver’s license.

eula mackay
4th January 2008, 12:56
when i was in manila i dreaded each time i had to wait for a cab for many reasons. first, they would choose the location where they are going, not where the passenger is going. second, in the unlikely event of them agreeing without further questions (simply by noding), they want to make sure youd add a little bit more over the meter fare. they seem to say it like its a prerequisite! its just so annoying!

there were a few good taxi drivers i encountered and i tipped them generously as they desrved it.

if its not the traffic theat puts me off driving its the cab drivers! and oh, finidng parking as well and paying flat rate parking fee!