PDA

View Full Version : Could Manila become a cruise homeport?

Terpe
28th March 2017, 14:30
I saw on the TV news that a big cruise ship from 'Star Cruises’ called Superstar Virgo began a cruise from Manila on 19 March 2017 . A couple of thousand cruisers left Manila for a week long cruise headed for Laoag, Kaohsiung, Hong Kong then returning to Manila.
I'd also be very interested in taking a similar cruise from Manila. Especially if the itinerary would include Japan, china or Korea.

Seems like a great idea and I do hope it's be a big success with more cruises to come.
I love cruise holidays.

Tawi2
28th March 2017, 15:41
couple of friends of mine actually arrived in manila on a cruise last December?They were instantly put on a bus and taken to MOA then off to Boracay,no tour of the real pinas.

grahamw48
29th March 2017, 03:14
Used to be the same in Hong Kong. QE2 would tie up literally alongside the shopping mall. Passengers disembark... around the shops, then back on board. I suppose some went on organised day trips.

stevewool
29th March 2017, 06:00
The back street tour of Manila and more.
That would scar some folk for life.

Terpe
29th March 2017, 06:21
This thread is about Cruises starting and ending in Manila.

Whatever the reasons folks have for joining a short cruise of 3, 4 or 5 days it's usually not about having long organised tours.

stevewool
29th March 2017, 09:14
Sometimes a cruise can be part of a package, like so many days in Manila then a cruise out from there.
Just like a cruise from Miami for so many days, then people may want to take a vacation to other parts of Florida.
Could be great for some places in the Philippines if this gets going.

Terpe
31st March 2017, 10:57
Cruise tourism seen to generate more jobs, earnings in 2017

The economic impact of this is big because, of course, our tourist arrivals will rise, Filipino products will be sold to tourists. I’m very happy because we have been waiting for a long time for a big cruise ship line to make the Philippines its homeport,” Teo said in her program Wonderful Pinas aired on government TV station PTV-4.

Terpe
31st March 2017, 13:56
Dedicated cruise terminal will bring more tourism receipts to Philippines

http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/dedicated-cruise-terminal-will-bring-more-tourism-receipts-to-philippines/