PDA

View Full Version : Manila Immigration..................why?

Tawi2
24th March 2017, 16:44
I met a Norwegian guy earlier,and his Filipina whatever???She is in her early 20's and flew here yesterday,immigration actually wouldn't let her fly earlier in the week,despite cash,despite a valid up to date passport,despite a valid airline ticket,they said she didn't have a letter of invitation :Erm: (flying to Thailand to meet a non thai national):Erm: she gets a visa upon entry into Thailand so why do PI immigration officials get such a hard on when a pinoy tries to fly for a legit vacation,is it power trip time?She told me the NAIA guys were also giving another traveller a hard time,she flew PAL by the way and as usual the flight was late,glad some things are consistant :icon_lol:

fred
24th March 2017, 16:53
They are told to assume that she is being trafficked..

Tawi2
24th March 2017, 16:57
That's odd,coals to Newcastle considering the guy has brought her to pattaya,what about the other passanger who also got hassle,a guy in his 20's?

Longweekend
24th March 2017, 17:59
Yes they do seem to be very possessive about their own....

PAT
29th March 2017, 16:26
I had the same experience eight years ago. I was refused by immigration with the same reason. What made me think was, when I got an invitation letter after around a week, the officer didnt even bother to have a look into it.

grahamw48
30th March 2017, 00:31
Prison-block Philippines.

Then again, a lot of young Filipinas ARE used as holiday playthings, by sex tourists.

robbie bobby
31st March 2017, 22:32
I had a really bad time with them on the first ever holiday to Hong Kong from Manila.They would not let her go and kept us hostage for over an hour.I ended up threatening them which actually worked.First of all they wouldn't let her travel then they wanted money to let her go.I was so angry I was shouting at them.In the end they did let us go and we JUST made the flight.It was actually one of the most stressful time in my life so far.