PDA

View Full Version : Laptop ban in the cabin on planes

stevewool
22nd March 2017, 07:34
Laptops and other gadgets will have to travel in the hold from now on and not in the cabin.
Well if its for safety, i say whats wrong with that, but what about damage and if it get stolen now.
Yes it is only for so many countries but will it soon be all countries or any flight you may use that no gadgets at all.
I take m camera with me nd that never leaves my site at all, the cost of that and lenses are in the thousands and i cannot afford to lose that, plus if its insured will you know have to start to pay more for these items.
All for safety but also all for common sense too.
I bet it will not be long until some human rights lawyer for you will be working for some foreign person.

Michael Parnham
22nd March 2017, 07:38
Any safety issue can't be bad, luckily it won't affect me, how many members would it affect really?:Erm:

stevewool
22nd March 2017, 08:09
Any safety issue can't be bad, luckily it won't affect me, how many members would it affect really?:Erm:

Not so much the members just from here , but what about the rest of the world.
Just like you i am all for safety too.
A chap was saying tis morning about this what is the difference if a laptop or gadget has a bomb in it and it was in the hold or cabin, if it goes off it goes off.
So far i have no intention of visiting these countries so hopefully it may not effect me, plus i may have to get myself a little point and shot camera.
Can you remember when they banned any liquids from going through security, that includes water too.
I wonder what extra revenue these airports got from selling water and those extra things you could not bring through that little area.

stevewool
22nd March 2017, 08:24
Must add this , the cabin is pressurized and the hold is not, so if there was a explosion in the cabin it would be worst , so i am told.

Terpe
22nd March 2017, 15:29
Isn't anyone worried about those hundreds of Lithium Batteries stored in the cargo hold :yikes:

Maybe they already did a risk analysis but where are the results

The dangers of on Lithium batteries on aircraft is well documented.
I hope these folks know what they are doing :doh

stevewool
22nd March 2017, 15:42
Breaking news, Steve is allowed to take his camera with him on the plane

Terpe
22nd March 2017, 16:05
Breaking news, Steve is allowed to take his camera with him on the plane

How about coming back ?

stevewool
22nd March 2017, 16:09
That too.:xxgrinning--00xx3: