PDA

View Full Version : Taking early retirement

stevewool
18th March 2017, 09:00
Its a dream of many to take early retirement and to live happily ever after too. but is it like that for many.
Nearly all the folk i know who has done this have told it its the best thing since slice bread and many also say they wish they had done it sooner too.
Also i must add that many who have done this , have a few bob to see them right and good private pensions.
One person is still new doing all this but again he is so happy and his life of doing what he wants seems so far so good, but this person has not got the thousands that the others have, plus he is only 54 still.
Time will tell for this person to see if he has done it right for himself, i hope he will succeed.
So are there anyone or do you know of anyone who regrets finishing work early, maybe because of finances or a partner or its not what they thought they wanted , remember it may not suit everyone not working again.

SimonH
18th March 2017, 09:05
I'll let you know this time next year :biggrin:

stevewool
18th March 2017, 09:09
I'll let you know this time next year :biggrin:

Your minted already , :biggrin:

Harry T
18th March 2017, 09:27
Im only Semi retired due to the fact i cant find work in my line, however i found that one of the biggest problems is keeping myself occupied. Last weekend i was helping someone move house then on Sunday on the very last item we were moving (New 3 Piece Suite) i did my back again Its been a struggle to even get my socks on cant reach my feet without horrendous Back pain, this all came about from last October when i just slipped on a wet patch in the Kitchen, that took weeks to get pain free in fact it only really cleared when i was in Phills, but now its returned, and its a real struggle to get around, when i say pain, its a general pain, then i will move and suddenly i get another sharp pain that takes your breath away, not nice at all, but hey ho, it could be worse.. :biggrin:

stevewool
18th March 2017, 10:01
Its that easy to do something so simple but could have so much effect on you for years to come.
Harry i am thinking you want heat on your body and soft hands too, get yourself back to the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
18th March 2017, 10:14
Its that easy to do something so simple but could have so much effect on you for years to come.
Harry i am thinking you want heat on your body and soft hands too, get yourself back to the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hahaha, already been looking at flights, june looks a nice month.. but remember we are in the process of applying for Jans visit visa.. once she gets her passport.

stevewool
18th March 2017, 10:28
Hahaha, already been looking at flights, june looks a nice month.. but remember we are in the process of applying for Jans visit visa.. once she gets her passport.

Lots of things to do Harry , would be wonderful for Jan to come here just for the experience alone.
We are trying to get Emma's father here but its never easy is it with families and others wanting to come or not wanting to help .sometimes its better keeping my mouth shut and thoughts to myself, but thats not me:biggrin:

Slip
18th March 2017, 21:56
I used to get back pain a lot in my last job.... But it was a very physically demanding job. I've had times I've literally had to slide myself of the sofa and snap myself straight so to speak, just so i can walk.
Touch wood I've been fine since I've changed jobs.

We are trying to get Emma's father here but its never easy is it with families and others wanting to come or not wanting to help .sometimes its better keeping my mouth shut and thoughts to myself, but thats not me:biggrin:

I know that feeling. We have Harlene's Mum coming next week for 6 months. I know who's going to fund her entire stay here! Same person who did last time she was here for 6 months.

But I can't deny Harlene her Mum coming to visit and stay with us. Just wish sometimes other family members had longer arms for there deep pockets.

stevewool
18th March 2017, 23:03
It will be wonderful for you all when she is there, and i bet the time will fly for you all.