PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened at the gas station

stevewool
9th March 2017, 09:07
Well yesterday i went to fill the car up with petrol and to meet Emma there too from her work.
I arrived a little early and started to fill the car up, after it was full i went to pay £37.19p.
In i went and gave him £40, then it happened , the whole system shut down , no till working, card machine not working, fuel pumps not working.
People coming to fill up there cars but the pumps would not work, lots of swearing and angry folk leaving.
But what about me, where is my change , can i pay tomorrow i asked , one moment sir.
After 10 minutes still nothing was working and then Emma turned up, have you any change Emma, and i found £2.20, so back into the office got a fiver back and off we went.
I wondered what would happen if i did not have change and they said i cant leave because i have not paid too. well it did not come to that , just a little late it made me.

Terpe
9th March 2017, 14:44
Blame it all on the CIA

stevewool
9th March 2017, 15:28
Blame it all on the CIA

I was trying to blame bretix, but know one could understand me,:Erm:

Terpe
9th March 2017, 15:39
Blame Brexit on the CIA too

Trefor
9th March 2017, 15:43
There was a power outage at the local Tesco Express just as I was using the cash machine and had seleected to withdraw £100. Munch munch ... nrrr. Power out. Great. The power came back on and the machine rebooted. My card was digested and no longer existed ... took me a few weeks to sort out that £100 back into my account (only a few calls though).

Terpe
9th March 2017, 16:16
There was a power outage at the local Tesco Express just as I was using the cash machine and had seleected to withdraw £100. Munch munch ... nrrr. Power out. Great. The power came back on and the machine rebooted. My card was digested and no longer existed ... took me a few weeks to sort out that £100 back into my account (only a few calls though).

Quite a common occurance here in Philippines. That's why I try to use the ATM's located inside the banks whenever I can.

stevewool
9th March 2017, 16:21
Quite a common occurance here in Philippines. That's why I try to use the ATM's located inside the banks whenever I can.

We used a ATM in marikina just across the road from McDonald's, there are a few shops and eateries there plus this ATM machine and next to it was a guard with a shotgun, sidearms and wearing sunglasses, and as I waited he waved me forward and said sir this way.
I must admit I felt very safe collecting that cash that day.

Terpe
9th March 2017, 16:33
We used a ATM in marikina just across the road from McDonald's, there are a few shops and eateries there plus this ATM machine and next to it was a guard with a shotgun, sidearms and wearing sunglasses, and as I waited he waved me forward and said sir this way.
I must admit I felt very safe collecting that cash that day.

They're not much help when the ATM suffers a power outage, or a hardware failure or just goes 'offline' and keeps your card:Cuckoo:

stevewool
9th March 2017, 17:00
They're not much help when the ATM suffers a power outage, or a hardware failure or just goes 'offline' and keeps your card:Cuckoo:

Indeed but are you going to tell him he's useless and a waste of time while he's holding that big gun:yikes: