PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for work

stevewool
6th March 2017, 08:33
There are all sorts of jobs out there , but its down to each of us to try to find the best one for our needs, plus if the pay is good it helps.
But what a job this man has.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/travel/icon-cleaner-the-man-who-brushes-down-famous-monuments-from-mount-rushmore-to-the-london-eye/ar-AAnKlkX?li=BBoPU0T

Trefor
6th March 2017, 15:52
I"m a test pilot for Kleenex

stevewool
6th March 2017, 16:10
I"m a test pilot for Kleenex

Blow the other one, hang about that don't sound right

SimonH
6th March 2017, 16:18
I used to be a brain scientist, but I lost the patients.

Now I'm a rocket surgeon :Erm:

stevewool
6th March 2017, 16:22
Well I do bugger all or so I am told.
All I can say our place must be full of Santa's little helper a then.
Why do I get stressed out over doing nothing then:Erm:

stevewool
6th March 2017, 16:23
Are you really:yikes:

stevewool
6th March 2017, 16:25
I used to be a brain scientist, but I lost the patients.

Now I'm a rocket surgeon

Are you really:yikes:

Slip
6th March 2017, 18:02
Today I was being taught how to drive a forklift.

Had my forklift refresher course at work. 2 hours in the class, 4 hours on the forklift.

Or should I say, 2 hours in the class. 3 hours talking football, tinder, women and Refereeing !!!! Then 1 hour on the forklift. Even got half hour overtime.

stevewool
6th March 2017, 18:19
Today I was being taught how to drive a forklift.

Had my forklift refresher course at work. 2 hours in the class, 4 hours on the forklift.

Or should I say, 2 hours in the class. 3 hours talking football, tinder, women and Refereeing !!!! Then 1 hour on the forklift. Even got half hour overtime.

And I bet you still drive it the way you know how, not the way they want you to do.

Slip
6th March 2017, 18:53
And I bet you still drive it the way you know how, not the way they want you to do.

Correct

Terpe
7th March 2017, 13:31
I'm retired so I have no paid employment.
I do all kind 's of "work" though, such as electrician, plumber, painter & decorator, builder, carpenter, welder, chef, tourism, general handyman, and husband

It's a great life if you don't weaken :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
7th March 2017, 15:29
I do all kind 's of "work" though, such as electrician, plumber, painter & decorator, builder, carpenter, welder, chef, tourism, general handyman, and husband

I do all those too, plus keep a job down , where do I find the time:biggrin:

Michael Parnham
7th March 2017, 17:42

You sound like me Peter:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th March 2017, 18:14
Being [thankfully] retired, :Hellooo: ... I spend [most of] my everyday life on the forum - or reading "whatever happens to take my fancy" at ANY given time - and lovin' it!

stevewool
7th March 2017, 19:41
At the moment I work full time on the forum full time and sleep very little

fred
7th March 2017, 22:59
She`s got me being a "masons laborour" at present.. My body aches!..Too old for this shiite!!

stevewool
8th March 2017, 08:35
She`s got me being a "masons laborour" at present.. My body aches!..Too old for this shiite!!

Can you go on "STRIKE" Fred .

Terpe
8th March 2017, 11:53
You sound like me Peter:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael, I like to keep active and busy but the downside is not only does time seem to fly past so quickly but I also haven't yet been able to give a priority to my photography, my painting and my cycling.

Can't believe it's now March 2017

Seems that the older you get the faster time passes.

stevewool
8th March 2017, 12:00
Peter I was a budding artist at school mainly with a pencil, and with the camera and the bike, I think I should get over ASAP, to give you a break from all the other work,
This is where many of us could do with a mate, just like the school days where you had a best friend.

Terpe
8th March 2017, 13:52
Peter I was a budding artist at school mainly with a pencil, and with the camera and the bike, I think I should get over ASAP, to give you a break from all the other work,
This is where many of us could do with a mate, just like the school days where you had a best friend.

correctamundo :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hurry along young man :wink:

The husband of one of my wifes pals recently returned/retired after 33 years as an OFW in Saudi
He's a very nice chap, very well exposed to different cultures and very helpful too. He lives just a few doors down from us.
He'll be one of those in our party going to Caramoan.

He's been working with many Brits in Saudi.
What a different outlook such people have.....

He's my back up in case you don't make it here :biggrin:

stevewool
8th March 2017, 14:02
He's my back up in case you don't make it here :biggrin:

What's Emma been saying now:doh

Longweekend
8th March 2017, 14:12
Must be France then now Steve...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th March 2017, 14:21

As long as she's looking after you and providing the all important daily medicine of San Miguel:biggrin:

stevewool
8th March 2017, 14:44
Must be France then now Steve...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Plan number 1567/34.78 is to visit France and Spain for a year or so then get over to the Philippines, but plans are ment to be changed

Michael Parnham
8th March 2017, 21:28
Michael, I like to keep active and busy but the downside is not only does time seem to fly past so quickly but I also haven't yet been able to give a priority to my photography, my painting and my cycling.

Can't believe it's now March 2017

Seems that the older you get the faster time passes.

Very true, the months wizz by!

fred
8th March 2017, 23:12
As long as she's looking after you and providing the all important daily medicine of San Miguel:biggrin:

Yes,that is my only demand..Must admit that they do taste much better after 8 hours of hard graft..
She even lets me visit a mate here that sell`s local mini brewery beer.. Life cant get much better can it!!