PDA

View Full Version : What fell through the letter box yesterday

stevewool
26th February 2017, 13:54
With the usual crap and coupons from Farmfoods there was a letter from the solicitors.
Nothing bad just a legal update on things that may effect me or anyone else for that matter.
Looking through the pages there are School admissions appeals, Remarry in haste, Trusts and Wills and Who pays for your care.
Well the last one caught my eye and it does make you mad when you read it.
Save for your future, we was told, buy your own home, we was told , work hard, we was told and if you do all this we was not told that this would be taken from us in our later life to pay for our care.
Well what happens to those folk who just ignored all the advice and did not save , did not buy there own home and did not work.
Well bugger all , they get taken care of for free it seems .
Rant over, in the bin that goes with the other crap except the Farmfood vouchers .:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Longweekend
26th February 2017, 14:07
You can have been on the dole/benefits all your life and you are kept for free in care when you get older, for the ones who worked all their lives paying into the system and purchasing their own home, well they have to sell their home to pay for their care, it's all wrong....:cwm23:

Terpe
26th February 2017, 14:16
Off topic.........

We don't get any mail into our letter box through the mail service. None, nothing at all.

Into our mailbox we only get electric bill, water bill, telephone & internet combined bill and my TV cable bill pushed through. In explanation let me say that ALL the above bills get delivered personally by hand by the company issuing the bill. they don't get delivered by the postal system. Nothing does.

No junk mail whatsoever.

stevewool
26th February 2017, 14:59
Off topic.........

We don't get any mail into our letter box through the mail service. None, nothing at all.

Into our mailbox we only get electric bill, water bill, telephone & internet combined bill and my TV cable bill pushed through. In explanation let me say that ALL the above bills get delivered personally by hand by the company issuing the bill. they don't get delivered by the postal system. Nothing does.

No junk mail whatsoever.

So if i wrote you a letter Peter , how would you receive this , is there a post man thing

stevewool
26th February 2017, 15:00
You can have been on the dole/benefits all your life and you are kept for free in care when you get older, for the ones who worked all their lives paying into the system and purchasing their own home, well they have to sell their home to pay for their care, it's all wrong....:cwm23:

Well lets hope i have long enough to enjoy all our saving and the money from the house because there will be no work to stop me from doing this .

Terpe
26th February 2017, 15:09
So if i wrote you a letter Peter , how would you receive this , is there a post man thing

I've no experience of that.
The only 'letters' I receive from UK are via registered and tracked signed for courier service. So hand delivered.

I've had post/letters sent through 'regular' mail but sadly none of them arrived.That was in Davao.
No idea about Marikina

I've never seen a 'postman' here......no idea if they even exist here.

stevewool
26th February 2017, 15:17
Just asked Emma about this and as usual she looks at me gone out and said "of cause there is, they walk and deliver the post.
She even told me where the post office is just across the road from the hospital in Marikina , or where the sports stadium and McDonald's are , its close to there .

Terpe
26th February 2017, 17:32
Wonder what they deliver?

Longweekend
26th February 2017, 18:16
We had mail delivered when in the Philippines...

stevewool
26th February 2017, 18:38
Wonder what they deliver?

I did send Emma cards and yes a letter too, and she did say she received them all.