PDA

View Full Version : We are all unique but except me for who I am

stevewool
25th February 2017, 09:27
Yes we are all unique in how we are , some of us go along with life the best we can and most of the time everyone gets along.
Most of us may have problems but we get by , i have a problem with my spelling ,not putting the right word down, yes i put the odd word that is spelt wrong and maybe there may not be a full stop in the right place , but am i excepted , i think.
Many years ago i mentioned this and i was told that my spelling is no problem.
So why is it now that i see my threads have been changed because i have not put a "S" on a word or the spelling is wrong.
I have no problem in writing it and i don't have a problem people having a laugh about my problem i have in getting my words across.
Could it be your problem , you don't like what i am saying or should i say trying to say. we are not at school where a teacher checks our work each night,
If later on i see that i have made a mistake i will try to change it myself, but remember i sometimes don't see that the spelling is wrong in the first place.
We are all still friends i hope , but please leave Unique steves threads alone.

Longweekend
25th February 2017, 09:35
Steve, I don'e understand why someone would change your thread?

stevewool
25th February 2017, 10:02
Steve, I don'e understand why someone would change your thread?

They have not change what i am trying to say, but words are changed to the correct spelling .

Longweekend
25th February 2017, 10:03
Sounds like a similar problem Simon had some weeks ago....

Michael Parnham
25th February 2017, 15:38
It's the spellcheck on your computer, I remember you saying you've bought a new one, mine has spellcheck also :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Longweekend
25th February 2017, 15:57
How can his computer change something that has already been posted.....?

SimonH
25th February 2017, 23:53
The phantom moderator is up to his old tricks again :NoNo:

fred
26th February 2017, 00:33
The phantom moderator is up to his old tricks again :NoNo:

No longer a "Phantom" Simon.. If you check Steve`s first post in this thread..
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/60492-When-do-the-seasons-start-in-the-Philippines
You will see who edited his post (or thread title)...

Arthur Little
26th February 2017, 02:17
No longer a "Phantom" Simon.. If you check Steve`s first post in this thread..
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/60492-When-do-the-seasons-start-in-the-Philippines
You will see who edited his post (or thread title)...

... and WHY! Just as - at the time - the "Phantom Editor", (as Simon likes to call me), gave an explanation for adding a word to one of his posts a few months ago. :doh

Michael Parnham
26th February 2017, 08:36
I would have thought it was very kind of someone to correct any mistakes (such as spelling ect) that I may have made:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th February 2017, 09:04
Let me try to stop this from escalating ,
I have a problem with some words, but after 58 years i have got use to it.
Now some folk may think its wrong and i am being lazy, but i can assure you all i do try my best to spell everything the way it should be.
The spell checker is wonderful and it does work too, but if there are a few words that may mean or sound the same well the spell checker cannot help me in these matters.
I know some folk who loves to read and write and its there passion they may hate reading what i write, no proper sentences, mumble jumble stuff no full stops, comers and even full stops,
But this is who i am.
Thank you.

stevewool
26th February 2017, 09:09
I would have thought it was very kind of someone to correct any mistakes (such as spelling ect) that I may have made:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well this is where we are all different Michael, kindness can be mistaken for bullying or interfering sometimes, but it was never meant to be that way, but some folk cannot see past that.

Longweekend
26th February 2017, 11:16
Now some folk may think its wrong and i am being lazy, but i can assure you all i do try my best to spell everything the way it should be.
The spell checker is wonderful and it does work too, but if there are a few words that may mean or sound the same well the spell checker cannot help me in these matters.
I know some folk who loves to read and write and its there passion they may hate reading what i write, no proper sentences, mumble jumble stuff no full stops, comers and even full stops,
But this is who i am.
Thank you.

and don't change...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th February 2017, 11:27
and don't change...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

EYE HAM KNOT:biggrin:Where is spell checker when you want it, it just does not seem right:yikes:

Terpe
26th February 2017, 12:50
I posted before but still amusing.

Eye have a spelling chequer,
It came with my Pea Sea.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss Steaks I can knot sea.

Eye strike the quays and type a whirred
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am write oar wrong
It tells me straight a weigh.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
I'm shore your pleased two no
Its let her perfect inn it's weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

A chequer is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right all stiles of righting,
And aides me when eye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The chequer pours o'er every word
Two cheque sum spelling rule.

Sauce unknown

SimonH
26th February 2017, 13:10
But this is who i am.
Thank you.

9/10 capital I and comma not comer :biggrin:

stevewool
26th February 2017, 13:12

It came with my Pea Sea.

Sauce unknown

Its funny i can still read what it says without changing the spelling, well i hope i am not the only one who can read this , or have i more problems to try to sort out.:doh

Longweekend
26th February 2017, 13:20

It came with my Pea Sea.

Sauce unknown

whots rong whith it?

stevewool
26th February 2017, 13:21
9/10 capital I and comma not comer :biggrin:

Thanks for the high score , that comma aint that some sort of curry:yikes:,

stevewool
26th February 2017, 13:27
Some thing i wrote a few years back :biggrin:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l554/stevewool/67119_zpsxxhgeynt.gif (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/stevewool/media/67119_zpsxxhgeynt.gif.html)

SimonH
26th February 2017, 13:29
Thanks for the high score , that comma aint that some sort of curry:yikes:,

It's like a chicken tarka, similar to a chicken tikka just a little bit otter :Erm:

stevewool
26th February 2017, 13:35
It's like a chicken tarka, similar to a chicken tikka just a little bit otter :Erm:

BOOM! BOOM!!!!!! thats so funny:laugher:

Terpe
26th February 2017, 14:08

That really tickled me :icon_lol:
Nice one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
26th February 2017, 14:31

It came with my Pea Sea.

Sauce unknown

Wow, had to read this three times to get it right, very clever indeed:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th February 2017, 02:00
:icon_sorry:, Steve ... it was me who'd altered your thread:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/60492-When-do-the-season-start-in-the-Philippines

Actually what I had done - was add ? marks to where you'd asked questions - i.e., in its title and at the end of the first two sentences - as appropriate. Then, when the 'Edited by' showed up, I gave my explanation for doing so as adding an extra 's' to the word 'season', rather than "inserted question marks" which, though correct, I'd felt might've been seen as a rather trivial reason on my part for making the changes. Occasionally, too, in the past, I've had to insert opening and/or closing *brackets where members have inadvertently omitted *these when quoting sections of previous posts. :smile:

Again, my apologies.

stevewool
27th February 2017, 14:12
:icon_sorry:, Steve ... it was me who'd altered your thread:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/60492-When-do-the-season-start-in-the-Philippines

Actually what I had done - was add ? marks to where you'd asked questions - i.e., in its title and at the end of the first two sentences - as appropriate. Then, when the 'Edited by' showed up, I gave my explanation for doing so as adding an extra 's' to the word 'season', rather than "inserted question marks" which, though correct, I'd felt might've been seen as a rather trivial reason on my part for making the changes. Occasionally, too, in the past, I've had to insert opening and/or closing *brackets where members have inadvertently omitted *these when quoting sections of previous posts. :smile:

Again, my apologies.

Thank you Arthur,
I will du mi best two cheque whot eye have written sow this may knot happen again.:biggrin:

Longweekend
27th February 2017, 14:20
:laugher::laugher:

Terpe
28th February 2017, 12:06
To be honest I've made some right 'howlers' when that darn predictive text thing raises it's ugly head. I try to be sure it's always turned off but sometimes it happens to waken again.

Makes my wife laugh anyway.

stevewool
28th February 2017, 13:04
Many folk make mistakes in there spellings and I know I am one of those, and yes I go around the houses to trying to explain what I am trying to explain,
We all can't be perfect in everything but if we try our best, well that's good enough for me.