PDA

View Full Version : When do the seasons start in the Philippines?

stevewool
24th February 2017, 15:40
When does the rainy season start and finish?
And in your eyes when are the best months to visit?
Having only been in the months of December and January I am not sure what months are best.
We maybe looking at coming over to get some work done on the house this year but I don't want to get there and it's constantly raining.
Any help would be welcome.

jonnijon
24th February 2017, 22:18
May is the hottest month. But then you can get thunder storms from hell. :omg:

Janedan0913
24th February 2017, 23:13
The hottest months is from end of march until mid May. Then from June until the rest of the year is rainy season. We will be visiting in the Philippines this coming august so it won't be that hot for my children and it is their term break so having a nice time to visit the birthplace of their mummy. I am from Luzon, so we will be visiting Baguio first then in Ilocos maybe few days there. After that fly to Cebu, Bohol then Boracay. Then to celebrate the birthday of our kids, we always go to Disney so we will be going to Disney HK.
I can't remember if the weather is still like this as the last time I came home was 9years ago.

fred
24th February 2017, 23:19
It was supposed to be dry season since a month ago...It rained then and its still raining now!
Last year it didnt rain for 5 months..
Good luck with your plans Steve!

stevewool
25th February 2017, 09:05
Thanks everyone for your replies. it seems like a waste of time going over to do some DIY on the house, may as well wait till we are there permanent.
looks like we are going on holiday either here in Europe or West

Terpe
25th February 2017, 13:32
The first 18 months of my experience was in Davao City and other areas in Mindanao.

The whole 18 months was really hot. Blue sky and sunshine day after day after after day. No rain to speak of at all except for a few spectacular tropical thunderstorms.

Moved to Manila NCR region in May 2016 with good weather until July. From July until November really quite rainy, but mostly predictable for afternoons only.

Here in Marikina since November until now it's been pretty cool and overcast with very little rain. Nothing to stop us going out and about.

Our family in Mindanao can retell a completely different of almost constant rains for months.

That's my experience.

Over the years we've visited Marikina very often usually between December and April. Don't recall any long periods of rain.

From March until August it can get very hot, rain or not.

Looking at the various regional weather here in Philippines there's a huge variation anyway.

stevewool
25th February 2017, 13:51
Well if we did go to Marikina, i would want to do some work on the house plus a trip to Legaspi , to try to get some pictures of the volcano, plus a little break too.
But what we may want to get done to the house we will not have time, all we could do is maybe get plans for the builder to start the work, but its not the same , i would like to be there helping and changing and maybe doing it my way too.
This is the problem when you only have a certain time to have holidays, its all right for many of you when you seem to be on holiday permanently.

fred
25th February 2017, 13:56
This is the problem when you only have a certain time to have holidays, its all right for many of you when you seem to be on holiday permanently.

Sorry about that Steve...I feel a bit guilty now.
NOT!!! lol.

stevewool
25th February 2017, 14:02
Sorry about that Steve...I feel a bit guilty now.
NOT!!! lol.

Wont be long before we may be sitting in the bar saying can you remember me moaning about a few weeks holiday.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th February 2017, 14:15
i would like to be there helping and changing and maybe doing it my way too.

If that's what you'd like to do (careful what you wish for ) then wait until you have plenty of time.

its all right for many of you when you seem to be on holiday permanently.

:biggrin:

stevewool
25th February 2017, 15:02
If that's what you'd like to do (careful what you wish for ) then wait until you have plenty of time.

If its done right the first time , then there will not be any problems that may arise in months or years times Peter, well i hope not anyway.
Its been 7/8 years since i took on any major work, when i brought this house i am it every room was guttered and after 6 months it was all done and so was i too.

fred
26th February 2017, 00:03
If its done right the first time , then there will not be any problems that may arise in months or years times Peter, well i hope not anyway.
Its been 7/8 years since i took on any major work, when i brought this house i am it every room was guttered and after 6 months it was all done and so was i too.

You should see what I've been doing lately!
Actually,I`m still quite enjoying it to be honest...
It`s just that my bones are starting to creak..Too old for this sh..!

Michael Parnham
26th February 2017, 08:56
You can tell when it's the rainy season, Chocolate hills are green:biggrin:

stevewool
26th February 2017, 09:27
You should see what I've been doing lately!
Actually,I`m still quite enjoying it to be honest...
It`s just that my bones are starting to creak..Too old for this sh..!

Put the pictures on and we can all see.unless its rude