PDA

View Full Version : Crap nights sleep

stevewool
22nd February 2017, 08:00
Well the wind got up last night and its still blowing now.
All i could here was scrape, scrape and more scraping.
I live in a Victorian terrace house and its got chimneys in most rooms, but in both bedrooms they are boarded over, we have the chimney stacks on the roof and on that chimney stack is the tv aerial of next doors.
Its one that is fixed by a wire that goes around the stack but it seems over the years its just a little loose, looking from the outside it looks perfect but any movement in the middle of the night seems like its falling down into the chimney.
Going round later to see the neighbour but its a rental house, so it may take a little longer.
May have to have my dinner break as a quick 40 winks later today.

Tawi2
22nd February 2017, 08:56
I saw a homes under the hammer yesterday steve as thats my sort of thing,i always check auction catalogues as you never know what bargains you can pick up and rent out for a penny or two,i saw a great 3 bed semi in derby yesterday,looked a nice area,house was sound,went for a tad under £100k,did you see it?

stevewool
22nd February 2017, 09:08
I saw a homes under the hammer yesterday steve as thats my sort of thing,i always check auction catalogues as you never know what bargains you can pick up and rent out for a penny or two,i saw a great 3 bed semi in derby yesterday,looked a nice area,house was sound,went for a tad under £100k,did you see it?

Did not see that, are these shows repeats from many years ago,
The trouble is around here lots of Indian families buy these properties now then sell them or rent them out, many times we are outbid by these very very large keep it in the family people.
A few years back the house opposite went up for auction, it was run down but if the price was right , well i thought around £50,000 and the buyer did too, but he paid just over £70,000 he got carried away,

Tawi2
22nd February 2017, 09:17
The HUTH i saw yesterday was from last year 2016 indians/pakistanis know that property is where its at i went to an investment seminar 2 years ago and the majority of atendees were indian but that could be because of the seminars location on bath road just off heathrow its close to southall/hounslow/slough all places with high indian populations.

stevewool
22nd February 2017, 09:27
No it's the same here, they have the cash and it's all family doing everything, the only other people not in the family are the ones who pay top dollar rent for the property.

Michael Parnham
22nd February 2017, 13:37
Watch 'Homes under the hammer' also 'Escape to the country' most days, have done for years both great programs:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
22nd February 2017, 14:15
Anybody watched a series called 'Homes by the Sea' hosted by Charlie Luxton ??

Some amazing coastal properties out there.........at amazing prices too

I've watched a few here on cable TV.....fascinating

stevewool
22nd February 2017, 14:24

Beautiful homes and views to die for, but way out of my pay bracket.
There are some very good programes on TV at the moment about houses, it's good to dream sometimes.
We are watching a US one about two brothers , one does the building , the other one tries to sell it for the folk while trying to buy a bigger house for them.

Michael Parnham
22nd February 2017, 19:51

Quite good actually, the few that I've watched were quite good:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
22nd February 2017, 20:18

One of the best presenters for homes and building designs in my mind is George Clarke.
What a nice bloke he seems , he comes across as a mate next door,

Tawi2
22nd February 2017, 20:45
One of the best presenters for homes and building designs in my mind is George Clarke.
What a nice bloke he seems , he comes across as a mate next door,
Probably because george clarke was born in sunderland :wink: great people come from that city :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
22nd February 2017, 22:09
Probably because george clarke was born in sunderland :wink: great people come from that city :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You may be right there,
My daughter has gone up that way but not as far, Northallerton near Thirsk a very nice market town,

Tawi2
22nd February 2017, 23:40
Yup,i know thirks and northallerton :smile: