View Full Version : Prison Officers Set For £5,000 Payrise

Arthur Little
19th February 2017, 10:57
At least some of them are, so ...

:cwm25: ... WHY some and not all?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39014192 ... :ReadIt:

stevewool
19th February 2017, 11:43
Some may say a great pay rise , but i know a prison officer and yes he is on a lot of money but for that he can be on call at different prisons throughout the country for weeks and even months at a time, and the things that can and do go wrong inside the prisons can have a great effect on your life, he has been beaten , had broken bones, and has been taken as a prisoner too. but he is still there.
So its not for everyone , no matter what the pay is.
The biggest problem he says now are the new people who are running certain prisons through out the country, group 4 i think, and they seem to employ any tom dick or harry, plus Jane to do a job that they are not trained properly for .

Tawi2
19th February 2017, 11:55
My old man had 2 jobs in his entire life forces and when he came out he went into the prison service,they make good money,nowadays they make better money because some of them will take things in for inmates for £300-500 quid a time depending what they are couriering in,they turn a blind eye to many things inside just to maintain the status quo.

stevewool
19th February 2017, 12:02
My old man had 2 jobs in his entire life forces and when he came out he went into the prison service,they make good money,nowadays they make better money because some of them will take things in for inmates for £300-500 quid a time depending what they are couriering in,they turn a blind eye to many things inside just to maintain the status quo.

You are right there ,

Longweekend
19th February 2017, 12:07
It amazes me that mobile phones are available within prisons, I would have thought all they needed to do is block the signals like they used to do in hospitals and then they would be useless......

Tawi2
19th February 2017, 12:12
It amazes me that mobile phones are available within prisons, I would have thought all they needed to do is block the signals like they used to do in hospitals and then they would be useless......
Long-cz are the easiest phones to get inside prison,a friend of mine came out last year he had been in for fraud,he paid £500 for someone to bring an i-phone 5 in for him,anyone with money in there has a phone.

Longweekend
19th February 2017, 12:15
Still don't understand why they are not blocked....

Tawi2
19th February 2017, 12:20
Still don't understand why they are not blocked....

True,but in a day and age when drones are used to deliver packages into nick its only a matter of time before some way would be found to circumvent a blocking frequency,mans ingenuity knows no bounds,could be worse,there was a program on TV last night about philippine prisons,jacuzzis and prostitute parties in rooms,an office block and his own TV presenting/producing studio,he was getting fellow prisoners bumped off with impunity,now thats when the prison service should have realised they had totally lost control of the situation.

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 20:38
Talking of prison phones i just bought whats advertised as the worlds smallest phone today,its a ZANKO fly,inwas in a telecommunications wholesaler earlier,he had a load that had just came in,he is indian so i said kitna ek?He laughed at my hindi and flogged me one for £20 its got a voicechanging facility on it,smart little phone,about the size of a disposable plastic lighter.

stevewool
20th February 2017, 21:41
Talking of prison phones i just bought whats advertised as the worlds smallest phone today,its a ZANKO fly,inwas in a telecommunications wholesaler earlier,he had a load that had just came in,he is indian so i said kitna ek?He laughed at my hindi and flogged me one for £20 its got a voicechanging facility on it,smart little phone,about the size of a disposable plastic lighter.

A voice changing facility, yes i know what it means but does it make your voice like Donald duck or something , plus for that amount of cash , have you tried it out yet .

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 22:26
Yes mate,it does a number of different voices,the guy threw a lebara sim card in as well,it will do as a spare in my travel bag.

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 22:38
My new phone,the zamco fly.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zanco-Fly-Phone-Worlds-Smallest-Phone-with-Voice-Changer-Bluetooth-BLACK-NEW-UK-/302144622431

stevewool
21st February 2017, 08:50
My new phone,the zamco fly.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zanco-Fly-Phone-Worlds-Smallest-Phone-with-Voice-Changer-Bluetooth-BLACK-NEW-UK-/302144622431

It would take me all day to try to call someone with my fat thumbs , best bet is to use a pencil or something like that to press the numbers , but it looks good.