PDA

View Full Version : Families dont we just love them

stevewool
18th February 2017, 21:22
Being from a very large family and having 7 brothers and 5 sisters you can imagine we all have our own thoughts on certain things, but no matter if the are wrong and i am right we all still love each other.
Having lost our dad many many years ago then mum a good few years my eldest sister seems to have took over the roll as the matriarch.
I popped over to see her and she was quite upset.
We have a member of the family going through difficult times with cancer and she is in hospital and my sister had been to see her and all seemed well with the visit .
Once she got home she had to ring around the other sisters to say how it went as they could not make the visit for what ever reason, anyway by the time it got from one to another things got added to the story.
Now it seems that some folk are not happy and things have been said and so on.
Funny i am one of the youngest and it seems i have a job tomorrow to see if i can sort this out , usually i just say to the rest i have no idea or i have not seen anyone, i like to listen.FAMILIES :doh

mickcant
19th February 2017, 12:20
Being from a very large family and having 7 brothers and 5 sisters you can imagine we all have our own thoughts on certain things, but no matter if the are wrong and i am right we all still love each other.
Having lost our dad many many years ago then mum a good few years my eldest sister seems to have took over the roll as the matriarch.
I popped over to see her and she was quite upset.
We have a member of the family going through difficult times with cancer and she is in hospital and my sister had been to see her and all seemed well with the visit .
Once she got home she had to ring around the other sisters to say how it went as they could not make the visit for what ever reason, anyway by the time it got from one to another things got added to the story.
Now it seems that some folk are not happy and things have been said and so on.
Funny i am one of the youngest and it seems i have a job tomorrow to see if i can sort this out , usually i just say to the rest i have no idea or i have not seen anyone, i like to listen.FAMILIES :doh

That's an impossible situation to sort among families, my 1st wife was always falling out with her siblings then wanting me to talk to them!
sacking her was a relief for me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick. :smile:

stevewool
19th February 2017, 15:35
That's an impossible situation to sort among families, my 1st wife was always falling out with her siblings then wanting me to talk to them!
sacking her was a relief for me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick. :smile:

Nicely put Mick

Arthur Little
19th February 2017, 19:32
Luckily, neither of my two kids - now BOTH fast~approaching middle age - has ever had occasion to borrow cash from me,
:nono-1-1: ... even though they know I'd be first to "be there" for them, if the need arose.

Arthur Little
20th February 2017, 20:34
Families and their inheritances though, well ... :anerikke: ...

........................ :yeahthat:'s ANOTHER story - :icon_rolleyes: as far as I'm concerned!

Because this Saturday will mark the anniversary of a very elderly :oldlady: aunt of mine's death a year ago. Aged almost 98, she was the last surviving member of the older generation on both sides of my family. Widowed since October *1969, she & her late husband (who'd been Secretary of the innovative Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy) had one adopted daughter - *then only 13 - who later went on to graduate from Edinburgh University ... [ultimately] serving on the Directorate of Lothians Health Board.

Okay, I digress. But, from the background I've provided, it'll be pretty evident mother and daughter tween them] were fairly affluent. Whilst my aunt herself kept good health, allowing her to continue living independently in the detached bungalow she & my uncle had bought prior to the latter's sudden demise, my cousin and a work colleague, some 14 years her senior - whom she'd married later in life - were able to buy [and gradually extend] an already HUGE new 2-storey villa overlooking the Forth Road & Rail Bridges ... which I'd always thought rather superfluous for a couple with no children.

Anyway, my cousin's husband died during the summer of 2015 ... around seven months before his mother-in-law.

So ... imagine my surprise :cwm24: when my cousin turned up with a new beau in tow at her mum's funeral. Initially, I was really pleased for her, being all too aware from my own personal experience how very lonely it feels to be widowed.

Perhaps, as it now transpires, my delight may have been just a bit premature! :cwm25: ... given the fact I'd half~expected 'a little' "token of esteem" from my aunt's estate, my seemingly being her favourite nephew. Alas, a year down the line ... zilch!

Tbh ... I'm definitely NOT the type of bloke who's motivated by £ signs, having never known what it's like to have a lot of money. :NoNo:

But with me living at the same address for nearly 50 years :olddude: - and becoming less able~bodied - a few thousand would've come in very handy for "doing up" our house internally. :smile:

mickcant
21st February 2017, 06:32
I get what you are saying Arthur.

I have financially helped both my sons many times in their lives they are now both in their 50s and still need help.

I am the youngest of what was a family of 8 children, my late parents were left about £300 once many years ago, but I have always known that despite we have some more distant family who are financially better off, there was unlikely ever be any money coming my way.

In general children seem to expect we can leave them something when we depart this life, but I think with the social service cuts, it will be unlikely.

I have at least pre paid for my funeral, so they wont be scratching around for funds to dispatch me. as my parents did with theirs.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:olddude: