PDA

View Full Version : Texting

Terpe
18th February 2017, 15:28
Wherever you go you'll see most folks here texting.
Filipinos are well known for being a social communicative nation.

Whatever they do they just love to share by text and photo's with friends and family.

No wonder the Philippines is known for being the texting champion of the world with an estimated 400 million text sent every day. That's 142 billion a year.
A text usually costs around P1

It's been suggested that there are over 106 million cell phones being used in the Philippines. Plenty of folks have 2 or more but whichever way you dice it up it's a huge chunk of the population texting on a daily basis.

stevewool
18th February 2017, 15:42
I do enjoy texting my mate and winding him up, but i have this predictive text thing, so it spells your words once you start it,
And i am sure lots of you have seen and have tried to read what i write on here sometimes and think " is he drunk".
Since my mate took early retirement we text everyday its mainly abuse from me to him , but deep down its love and respect.
I am using my phone more these days then ever , but i must say when its mine and Ems times the phone stays OFF.
How about you peter do you text, and have you tried this live view on facebook, now hat can be very funny if you play along with it

Tawi2
18th February 2017, 17:17
There used to be that infamous pic doing the rounds online of a naked filipina performing a sex act on a guy while she was txt'ing........and i dont think it was staged :biggrin:

Longweekend
18th February 2017, 18:14
My kids text me from upstairs....:doh

stevewool
18th February 2017, 20:35
There used to be that infamous pic doing the rounds online of a naked filipina performing a sex act on a guy while she was txt'ing........and i dont think it was staged :biggrin:

Thats Kodi for you, where are you finding all these channels:biggrin:

stevewool
18th February 2017, 20:41
My kids text me from upstairs....:doh

My kids text me when we need milk or toilet rolls, or have i got any cash so they dont have to go to the bank,

Tawi2
18th February 2017, 21:23
My kids text me when we need milk or toilet rolls, or have i got any cash so they dont have to go to the bank,
I have a sister who is a bit dumb,she should be a contestant on jeremy kyle,she chats to her partner on facebook on her laptop while he comments on her posts also on facebook on his laptop :Erm:..................They are sitting next to each other,why not just turn their heads and talk????? :crazy:

stevewool
18th February 2017, 21:41
I have a sister who is a bit dumb,she should be a contestant on jeremy kyle,she chats to her partner on facebook on her laptop while he comments on her posts also on facebook on his laptop :Erm:..................They are sitting next to each other,why not just turn their heads and talk????? :crazy:

Takes all sorts.

stevewool
18th February 2017, 21:45
Emma showed me this live chat on face book the other day while on holiday.
She placed he ipad in front of me and said start talking , all i could see was myself , but others can see you if they are your friends, but as Emma has loads of friends and i was on her site, it did not take long before people was sending messages to me.
Well that was it i was acting and i played along with it too, it is funny but only if you play it for what it is.

fred
19th February 2017, 01:14
I sometimes watch how fast my daughter texts..Quite frankly I find it amazing! Impossibly fast!
I still do not own a phone...People here really think that there must be something wrong with me.

Michael Parnham
19th February 2017, 01:25
I sometimes watch how fast my daughter texts..Quite frankly I find it amazing! Impossibly fast!
I still do not own a phone...People here really think that there must be something wrong with me.

You're the most sensible person on the planet Fred:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
19th February 2017, 10:24

Yes when i watch my daughters doing this plus talking to me and making a drink too, talk about multi tasking, but then try to get them to work the hover, now thats a task in its self:doh

mickcant
19th February 2017, 12:16
I do enjoy texting my mate and winding him up, but i have this predictive text thing, so it spells your words once you start it,
And i am sure lots of you have seen and have tried to read what i write on here sometimes and think " is he drunk".
Since my mate took early retirement we text everyday its mainly abuse from me to him , but deep down its love and respect.
I am using my phone more these days then ever , but i must say when its mine and Ems times the phone stays OFF.
How about you peter do you text, and have you tried this live view on facebook, now hat can be very funny if you play along with it

I have never been able to get on with predictive text, it never gives the words I am looking for. :cwm23:
Mick.:olddude:

Terpe
19th February 2017, 14:14
.........How about you peter do you text, and have you tried this live view on facebook, now hat can be very funny if you play along with it

To be honest the only person I ever text is my wife.
Then only if I lost her in the shopping mall or if I go off somewhere alone I'll let her know where I am, when I'm on the way home etc.
It's only recently I got a phone here. It's only my wife has my number.
No sorry that's not quite true I did give my landline number to another member here.

Neither my wife nor me participates in Facebook since we arrived. Too many issues.

Of course next time you visit here you'll get my landline number hehehe

stevewool
19th February 2017, 15:41
Of course next time you visit here you'll get my landline number hehehe

Thank you Peter, i am trying to get Ems to visit the family this year alone, she has so many more holidays then me , so a trip back home may do her the world of good

stevewool
19th February 2017, 15:43
I have never been able to get on with predictive text, it never gives the words I am looking for. :cwm23:
Mick.:olddude:

Me eiher thts wy peole cnt red my mesges :biggrin:

jonnijon
19th February 2017, 22:39

Same here Fred, if I need to call I use Skype. I put credit on my Skype before I left the UK 5 years ago so Skype thinks I am in the UK, so if I call the UK it's only the cost of a local call.:xxgrinning--00xx3: