PDA

View Full Version : School holidays and empty roads

stevewool
16th February 2017, 08:38
Its amazing when the schools are open, the roads everywhere seem to be so busy you can add another 10 to 15 minutes o your journey too.
But when the schools have broken up for what ever holiday and there seems to be loads too, the roads are so quite.
Where i live there is school close by and there is a crossing and you get about 7 or 8 vehicles through before they change back to red to let more kids across, yes i am all for safety for these kids , but sometimes there parents put them in so much danger.
Lets run between the cars just because the lights have changed to red, instead of walking to the lights and show the kids how its done properly, and dont get me started on there parents dress sense these early mornings for the parents, the other day this fat lump was in a onesie , :censored:

cheekee
16th February 2017, 12:25
Coming home from a night shift I love it when it's school holidays as it makes a huge difference.

Slip
16th February 2017, 14:20
I travel 12 miles to work. Some mornings I'm lucky if I see a car. Coming home at 2pm I may see a handful right up to a couple of miles from home where it's a tad bit busier

Tawi2
16th February 2017, 15:07
I travel 12 miles to work. Some mornings I'm lucky if I see a car. Coming home at 2pm I may see a handful right up to a couple of miles from home where it's a tad bit busier
Thats a little bit different from middlesex slip,are you glad you made the move?I just saw a 6 bedroom house for less than £100k up in sunderland,i was in hounslow this morning and thought what am i doing here and it wasnt a rhetorical question,it was one of those sanity questions :cwm25:
The UK should have school buses like those in canada,no school run traffic jams.

stevewool
16th February 2017, 15:18
i was in hounslow this morning and thought what am i doing here and it wasnt a rhetorical question,it was one of those sanity questions :cwm25:

I say that to myself 5 times a week , Monday to Friday every morning when I walk into work.

Tawi2
16th February 2017, 15:30
i was in hounslow this morning and thought what am i doing here and it wasnt a rhetorical question,it was one of those sanity questions :cwm25:

I say that to myself 5 times a week , Monday to Friday every morning when I walk into work.
We have hit the wall mate,mid-life WTF crisis!Thankfully i am getting a bit of sun on my back soon,but then its back to reality again before france.

stevewool
16th February 2017, 15:42
Well we have to pay the bills and if we are wanting goodies too, this is what we have to do. But not forever,
I may as well just think 2 years, or around 24 pay days and that's it.
Emma keeps me to my word so I will keep her to hers too

Slip
16th February 2017, 17:11
Thats a little bit different from middlesex slip,are you glad you made the move?I just saw a 6 bedroom house for less than £100k up in sunderland,i was in hounslow this morning and thought what am i doing here and it wasnt a rhetorical question,it was one of those sanity questions :cwm25:
The UK should have school buses like those in canada,no school run traffic jams.

I used to live in Feltham, just along from Hounslow, would avoid Hounslow at all costs.

As for being glad we made the move. Mostly.... Nice to be able to afford a three bedroom home. Nice to have countryside literally on our doorstep.
Downside (which I hope is temporary) is I have a job at the moment that just about covers my monthly outgoings. However it doesn't pay sick pay and I hate working outside in this cold weather.

But if I can find a better paid job where I don't spend most of the day working outside..... Then I'm loving it.

stevewool
16th February 2017, 17:30
I used to live in Feltham, just along from Hounslow, would avoid Hounslow at all costs.

As for being glad we made the move. Mostly.... Nice to be able to afford a three bedroom home. Nice to have countryside literally on our doorstep.
Downside (which I hope is temporary) is I have a job at the moment that just about covers my monthly outgoings. However it doesn't pay sick pay and I hate working outside in this cold weather.

But if I can find a better paid job where I don't spend most of the day working outside..... Then I'm loving it.

Stay at home dad, and get the wife to work full time in a great paying job

Longweekend
16th February 2017, 17:42
Slip, I'm sure something will come up for you on the job front....

Tawi2
16th February 2017, 17:57
Feltham eh?When i first came to this area i actually went to feltham to look at a flat,it was dirt cheap,i soon found out why after sitting outside Highfields for a while,back then feltham was a desolate ghost town,now its got the new shopping area and the cineworld airparks complex,but the moon on the square is still full of knuckle-draggers :icon_lol: glad your move was right for you,i am right on the cusp,my adress is surrey but it could almost have been middlesex :smile:

Slip
16th February 2017, 22:19
I moved to Feltham just as the Highfields had been knocked down and the new shopping area was being built.... I kept out of the moon!
To be honest once I came out my front door, if I wasn't going to work or food shopping. I was driving straight out of Feltham. I only moved there because I was homeless and had been living with an ex girlfriend sister's family for two years. Then I was offered the flat and snatched it up.

Tawi2
16th February 2017, 22:30
I think you did well getting out to be honest,i have a few friends live there and they are looking to move,as an area its deffo an aquired taste :icon_lol: when i first came to the area i lived in ashford for 2 years near the golf course then saved some pennies and decided to move to one of those ".........On Thames" places because it impressed my mates back in sunny sunderland :icon_lol:

stevewool
16th February 2017, 22:43
sunny sunderland :icon_lol:

What days are those may i ask

Tawi2
16th February 2017, 22:50
Sunderland has 2 days of sun per year,thats why its called SUN-derland :biggrin:

stevewool
16th February 2017, 23:02
We send a lorry up that way once a week starting at Newton Aycliffe, then into Washington , Boldon colliery then into Sunderland.
I use to do it years ago and then pop into my daughters up at northallerton for a few hours before making the drive back.