PDA

View Full Version : Server Problem

KeithD
15th February 2017, 15:08
Due to problems with the database yesterday, I have had to move the forum to a new server. At the moment the search does not work. I will attempt to fix that later today.

stevewool
15th February 2017, 15:12
Thank you for keeping us informed Keith.

Terpe
15th February 2017, 16:41
Due to problems with the database yesterday, I have had to move the forum to a new server. At the moment the search does not work. I will attempt to fix that later today.

Many thanks from me too Keith

Arthur Little
15th February 2017, 18:16
Many thanks from me too Keith

And from me :Jump: ... your hard work on behalf of ALL the forum's loyal, dedicated followers is very much appreciated! :biggrin:

KeithD
15th February 2017, 18:52
I only moved servers a few months ago. The problem is, even if you buy a VPS from the same company that you already have one with, it does not mean it will behave the same way. I think I got a not so good one, which can happen. I do have another 3 servers, and moved this site to one of them. Seems to be running OK, and no errors in the database.

The search is currently rebuilding, but will likely take a few hours.

Michael Parnham
15th February 2017, 22:21
I only moved servers a few months ago. The problem is, even if you buy a VPS from the same company that you already have one with, it does not mean it will behave the same way. I think I got a not so good one, which can happen. I do have another 3 servers, and moved this site to one of them. Seems to be running OK, and no errors in the database.

The search is currently rebuilding, but will likely take a few hours.

Just managed to get back on the Forum Keith, sorry to hear you've had problems also thank you for your effort to get things back to normal, much appreciated!

jonnijon
15th February 2017, 22:31

fred
16th February 2017, 02:58
Well done! There seemed to be a few glitches showing up plus lots of "server busy" messages.

stevewool
16th February 2017, 08:56
There seemed to be lots of "server busy" messages.

Sorry Fred, that may be down to me hogging the forum with all my replies :biggrin:

KeithD
16th February 2017, 09:32
Probably busy because I was rebuilding the search index, which had to process 1 mill+ posts. Everything should be OK now. If not, let me know. I still need to run a few checks my end.