PDA

View Full Version : A new/old French pad

stevewool
11th February 2017, 20:31
Here is a nice looking house, price is good too, and there has been so much done already.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-43819026.html

Longweekend
11th February 2017, 20:42
It looks excellent value, only problem for me is the location as we prefer the Dordogne.... But it just shows what great value property in France is.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
11th February 2017, 20:51
Like i have said many many years ago infact in another life we was looking to buy over in France, many weekend trips over there leaving Friday evening , driving down to Portsmouth and the overnight ferry then back Late on Sunday ready for work.
We did not find one but my daughter and her Husband brought over in this region,
I have never travel further into France but what i have seen so far and it must be rural too are just wonderful.

Tawi2
11th February 2017, 22:42
That house is give-away prices,very very nice,i am flying to limoges end of april theres an english couple bought in france and he is a flying instructor,they have a beautiful farmhouse,i will take some pics.

Longweekend
12th February 2017, 10:47
The area of Limoges is great value, lovely countryside and weather wise is good for me...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
12th February 2017, 10:52
The area of Limoges is great value, lovely countryside and weather wise is good for me...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Weather wise , is it the same as here or just a little warmer

Tawi2
12th February 2017, 11:10
I hope its quite a bit warmer than here steve,i will be flying at several thousand feet in a microlight doing a course,its cold up there at times :cwm25: thailand was the best place,i was flying in T-shirt and shorts,i booked in france because they have the machine i am looking to buy.

stevewool
12th February 2017, 11:27
I hope its quite a bit warmer than here steve,i will be flying at several thousand feet in a microlight doing a course,its cold up there at times :cwm25: thailand was the best place,i was flying in T-shirt and shorts,i booked in france because they have the machine i am looking to buy.

I hate being cold , plus i hate being wrapped up with so many layers too.
So if you buy it where would you store it and how many times would you try to use it too.

Longweekend
12th February 2017, 11:48
Weather wise , is it the same as here or just a little warmer

https://weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rainfall-Temperature-Sunshine,limoges,France

Tawi2
12th February 2017, 11:59
I hate being cold , plus i hate being wrapped up with so many layers too.
So if you buy it where would you store it and how many times would you try to use it too.
I will get one mate,long term plans,i wont be here in the UK forever,just need to build a little bigger portfolio,i should have had all this wrapped up by the time i was 50,i am a year over my timeline,life has a way of doing that :smile:
I dont hate the cold,but i dont exactly like it either,been down to -41 in the past.

stevewool
12th February 2017, 14:03
i should have had all this wrapped up by the time i was 50,i am a year over my timeline,life has a way of doing that :smile:

Funny life has a way of doing this.
Again my first plan was to retire at 60 so i still have 2 years to go in my great plan, and if interest rates was going to be 5% still i was going to live of that, but times do change.
So really i am on target still in age , plus those extra 24 months of savings can really go a long way to our future , plus it gives us more time to holiday here in Europe too.

stevewool
12th February 2017, 17:11
Another find in the limoges area.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-63282842.html

Longweekend
12th February 2017, 17:18
Incredible value, and the house has character...

stevewool
12th February 2017, 17:41
If your heart was to be in France and you had the cash and a little clever in the DIY region there is so much out there, maybe you could get this even cheaper. be interesting to now what that big metal building is next door.
One one of our trips looking for property many years ago we had a few picture of property to look at plus meetings too, and this one property did stand out above the others,
So we went to see that one first, i should have none there waas going to be a problem as for all the lorries we was passing , yes the house was right next door to a cement yard , great editing by the sellers i must say.

Tawi2
12th February 2017, 17:56

Very nice,and cheap for what it is,lots of cheap places in spain also nowadays,i wonder what you would get for the equivalent price in your chosen area of the philippines should you decide to retire there?

Longweekend
12th February 2017, 17:58
I like the Spanish weather but much prefer the French properties, the gardens and way of life....

Tawi2
12th February 2017, 18:14
True,the gardens arent as sunbaked as the typical spanish villa,they look quite nice actually,somewhere in the foothills of the pyrenees just to chill.

stevewool
12th February 2017, 19:01
Very nice,and cheap for what it is,lots of cheap places in spain also nowadays,i wonder what you would get for the equivalent price in your chosen area of the philippines should you decide to retire there?

This place we hired for a week and took the whole family back a few years ago, views of the Mayon volcano and i thought was just paradise to me , but to Ems it was just a place to move out to for our holidays , to remote as she says.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-55014224.html

Tawi2
12th February 2017, 19:05
Nope,that house doesnt grab your attention,the exterior has no character,the pink kitchen and the colour of the outside,no,pass,and its £90,000?

Longweekend
12th February 2017, 19:08
We have a house in Santa Domingo (which the family seem to use!) its a couple of minutes walk to the beach and has a great view of Mount Mayon, lovely for a holiday but still don't fancy living there....

stevewool
12th February 2017, 19:12
We have the house over in Marikina , yes we have a whole top floor to ourselves once we are there, and downstairs is shared between us and father in law and a bro in law,
But its not mine, but its free living as such , so why pay for something when we dont have too, yes we may want to have a few months break here and there so we shall be paying rent.
Now paying rent in the places that we may want to visit is going to be no more £400 per month anywhere in the world so times that by 12 years or so , is it worth buying in one place or rent in many but having a base here in England and one in the Philippines, just a thought.

stevewool
12th February 2017, 19:15
Nope,that house doesnt grab your attention,the exterior has no character,the pink kitchen and the colour of the outside,no,pass,and its £90,000?

He tried to sell it to us when we was there and the figure was just over £70,000, plus the pictures was taken when it was built too, the pier is in ruin and it does look tied too.

stevewool
12th February 2017, 19:18
We have a house in Santa Domingo (which the family seem to use!) its a couple of minutes walk to the beach and has a great view of Mount Mayon, lovely for a holiday but still don't fancy living there....

I want to return back to enjoy views and taking pictures of the volcano, it was mainly covered in cloud when i was there, but we did managed to get some good pictures of the top pocking through the cloud.
But i must add not to the same place

Tawi2
12th February 2017, 19:29
My sons grandmother has the beach resort,i am welcomed like a son,fence around it,security on the gate,beach is 20 seconds walk from the door,the doors always open for me,got another couple of places i could stay but i havent bought them myself so they dont feel 100% home.

Longweekend
12th February 2017, 19:34
We built a beach resort in Zambales, that also required security which was difficult when explaining why to Europeans guests, suppose that was one of the reasons we sold up and left, as said nice for holidays but not to retire to...

stevewool
12th February 2017, 19:41
It does make you think, if i was not married to Emma , France is the place i would be looking at retiring too then Spain, but Emma has opened my eyes to look further, will it be the right move who knows, but its having the funds to change your mind if you have too or want too.
Plus having friends who are living in these places too, they may put you up for a week or even a month, HOW AM I FIXED BOYS :biggrin:

Longweekend
12th February 2017, 19:51
I'm fortunate that my wife loves the lifestyle, food and properties in France, I'm sure we will still have to visit family in the PI every couple of years but I can handle that....

stevewool
12th February 2017, 20:03
I'm fortunate that my wife loves the lifestyle, food and properties in France, I'm sure we will still have to visit family in the PI every couple of years but I can handle that....

Like your wife, Emma loves food but thats from anywhere where we are, plus she would follow me where ever i said we are going.

Longweekend
12th February 2017, 20:48
Sounds like France it is then....:biggrin:

stevewool
13th February 2017, 21:05
Here is a nice looking house, price is good too, and there has been so much done already.

I went walking around this property on google today, its not where the arrow is on the map , but you can find it quite easy , and what a place too.
Its a corner lot and a very big lot too, on a quite road and the side street leads to a few houses too.
I have sent of for more details for this place and the other place too.

Tawi2
13th February 2017, 21:09
Its only 2 bedroom steve :cwm25: what about a couple of spare bedrooms for "guests" :biggrin: i cant wait,better start brushing up on my french :Erm:

stevewool
13th February 2017, 21:26
Yes just the 2 bedrooms but i am sure a spare room could be made downstairs , but with such a very large garden a nice tent could be put up in a matter of minutes,
A dream and a thought for now.

Tawi2
13th February 2017, 21:30
A tent?Its france,i might be ravaged by a pack of rabid escargots or beaten by a passing grenouille :cwm25: but to be honest the price and house do look good.

stevewool
15th February 2017, 14:12

Sold, Sold, Sold,
Just had a email back this has been sold , but they have so many more in the area.

stevewool
15th February 2017, 14:14

Just had a email from this place and they are open to sensible offers, now what offer is senseable I wonder.

Longweekend
16th February 2017, 15:44
As the agency fees are include you could start at £60.000...

stevewool
16th February 2017, 15:49
As the agency fees are include you could start at £60.000...

That is the figure I would have gone in at.
I was asking about running cost for the house and so on,
It's a beautiful location if you Google it, a large plot, but if it's not going to be home full time it's just a little to much money to loose.
But where is home going to be.

Longweekend
16th February 2017, 16:19
I tried to find it on Google earth but couldn't...

stevewool
16th February 2017, 17:04
I tried to find it on Google earth but couldn't...

When you click onto the map, you will see where the big black dot is, well come forward to the next road over the fields on its on that road on a corner near a large set back shop,

Trefor
16th February 2017, 17:13
I know France well, I went to University in Bordeaux. While it appeals for many reasons, please spend some real time there before committing to buy. Some comments about France:

- You need to speak the language.
- The bureaucracy is terrible.
- Builders and tradesmen ... haha, good luck. Plan to DIY.
- It gets COLD in the winter, maybe not quite so bad right down on the Riviera, but the Dordogne is grim in January.
- Many Brits don't last long unless they integrate.

Longweekend
16th February 2017, 17:24
Yes got it, pity about the small house right next door at No. 17....

stevewool
16th February 2017, 17:25
I know France well, I went to University in Bordeaux. While it appeals for many reasons, please spend some real time there before committing to buy. Some comments about France:

- You need to speak the language.
- The bureaucracy is terrible.
- Builders and tradesmen ... haha, good luck. Plan to DIY.
- It gets COLD in the winter, maybe not quite so bad right down on the Riviera, but the Dordogne is grim in January.
- Many Brits don't last long unless they integrate.

What chance have I then ( billy no mates ).

Longweekend
16th February 2017, 17:41
Yes I agree the winter can be cold but so much shorter than ours...

stevewool
16th February 2017, 17:47
Yes got it, pity about the small house right next door at No. 17....

Well I have sent a message about asking if that can be brought, that's got a large garden too.

Longweekend
16th February 2017, 18:34
Yes, if you could buy No. 17 it would make the place more private and also add to the garden...