PDA

View Full Version : Cost of living

stevewool
10th February 2017, 16:07
Michael has got me thinking about his food bill for the month and I think many of us was surprised how well he has done it.
But what about the cost of living we all have to pay each and every month.
We all have bills some small some very high so what is your bills per month or even yearly.
Again I thought I was living cheap but I bet some one is living cheaper then I, so what do you pay or contributing to the house hold bills.
Gas £53 month
Electric £39 month
Water £16 month
Rates £98 month
TV PKG internet £49 month
Mobil phone £7 month
TV licence £12 month
I am lucky I have no mortgage or rent to pay, add this to the food bill, I think we are doing very well. Beat that anyone, except you Michael you most probably can.

Longweekend
10th February 2017, 16:15
Gas & Elec = 180.00
Council Tax = £220.00
Water = £75.00
Mortgage = £1,500.00
I won't bother going on it only depresses me....

Tawi2
10th February 2017, 16:16
My mortgage is tiny,i have enough cash in my rainy day fund to pay it off totally,but my expenses arent off the scale even though my son being at uni costs me a few quid every month,i might get a £1 candle for lighting,heating,and cooking on at home,if i get a scented one i dont even have to buy airfreshner,its a win/win with a bit of lateral thinking :biggrin:

stevewool
10th February 2017, 16:20
Gas & Elec = 180.00
Council Tax = £220.00
Water = £75.00
Mortgage = £1,500.00
I won't bother going on it only depresses me....

Bloody hell where is the rope

stevewool
10th February 2017, 16:22
My mortgage is tiny,i have enough cash in my rainy day fund to pay it off totally,but my expenses arent off the scale even though my son being at uni costs me a few quid every month,i might get a £1 candle for lighting,heating,and cooking on at home,if i get a scented one i dont even have to buy airfreshner,its a win/win with a bit of lateral thinking :biggrin:

If you moved in with Michael all that dripping you could just stick a length of twine in it and burn that, wow what a smell, NICE

Tawi2
10th February 2017, 16:22
Bloody hell where is the rope

I know,i read that and thought he leaks cash like a running tap,when does it end?I would have been on the phone to the samaratans long since,or got my old mask and sawn-off out of the shed :icon_lol:

Rosie1958
11th February 2017, 00:28
Michael has got me thinking about his food bill for the month and I think many of us was surprised how well he has done it.
But what about the cost of living we all have to pay each and every month.
We all have bills some small some very high so what is your bills per month or even yearly.
Again I thought I was living cheap but I bet some one is living cheaper then I, so what do you pay or contributing to the house hold bills.
Gas £53 month
Electric £39 month
Water £16 month
Rates £98 month
TV PKG internet £49 month
Mobil phone £7 month
TV licence £12 month
I am lucky I have no mortgage or rent to pay, add this to the food bill, I think we are doing very well. Beat that anyone, except you Michael you most probably can.

Stevewool, if you are only paying £16 per month for water, there is something drastically wrong, or do you pay for sewerage charges separately? Can't really see you and Emma sharing a bucket of water to wash in! :icon_lol:

fred
11th February 2017, 00:49
Monthly (domestic) bills.
Kids Uni fees.. 15k
Kids Baon. 5k
Food 16K
Car 10K
Life cover 10K
Petrol/Diesel 10k
SMB 4k
water 200.00
Electric 3k
Morgage Zero.
Domestic Help 14K
Internet 1..2 K
TV cable service 1.4 K
Visa cost..Minimal.

There`s more but I just dont want to remember them.

Michael Parnham
11th February 2017, 00:56
Gas and Electric £52, Water £24, Council tax £95, TV 4k youview Landline free calls Broadband Infinity 2 unlimited £34, Car Finance £160, Car insurance £12.50, House and contents ins £8.51, Mortgage £272, TV licence £12, Wifey pays Mortgage, House insurance, Council tax and TV licence.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th February 2017, 01:16
Monthly (domestic) bills.
Kids Uni fees.. 15k
Kids Baon. 5k
Food 16K
Car 10K
Life cover 10K
Petrol/Diesel 10k
SMB 4k
water 200.00
Electric 3k
Morgage Zero.
Domestic Help 14K
Internet 1..2 K
TV cable service 1.4 K
Visa cost..Minimal.

There`s more but I just dont want to remember them.
That's £1,133 per month Fred that's £218 more than my income:Erm:

fred
11th February 2017, 01:19
That's £1,133 per month Fred that's £218 more than my income:Erm:

As they say Micheal...It is..What it is!

jeff in phils
11th February 2017, 04:59
I could just scream at myself for buying a new car last year.. For the past 4 years a I had my heart set on moving to the Philippines. Adding 400 USD a month to my bills isn't getting me there any faster :( It was one of those spur of the moment, after my car broke down type of decisions..

stevewool
11th February 2017, 10:15
Stevewool, if you are only paying £16 per month for water, there is something drastically wrong, or do you pay for sewerage charges separately? Can't really see you and Emma sharing a bucket of water to wash in! :icon_lol:

Sorry Rosie , you have me on that one , i made a mistake it should be £16.50p a month, or £198 each year, and yes that covers everything, i must add i am not on a meter

stevewool
11th February 2017, 10:18
Gas and Electric £52, Water £24, Council tax £95, TV 4k youview Landline free calls Broadband Infinity 2 unlimited £34, Car Finance £160, Car insurance £12.50, House and contents ins £8.51, Mortgage £272, TV licence £12, Wifey pays Mortgage, House insurance, Council tax and TV licence.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Do you go it alone o these bills or do you share .

Michael Parnham
11th February 2017, 11:12
Do you go it alone o these bills or do you share .

Wife pays Mortgage, council tax, home insurance and TV licence, I pay gas/electric, water, you view, broadband, landline, car finance and insurance, petrol but I now only fill up once every three months at approx. £30 each time so now my petrol bill is £120 per year were as it was £360 before moving to our present address:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
11th February 2017, 16:55
Wife pays Mortgage, council tax, home insurance and TV licence, I pay gas/electric, water, you view, broadband, landline, car finance and insurance, petrol but I now only fill up once every three months at approx. £30 each time so now my petrol bill is £120 per year were as it was £360 before moving to our present address:xxgrinning--00xx3:

To me £160 +£12.50 +£10= £182.50 each month on something that sits there mainly is a complete waste of time , But hey dont it look good,
Again i must add this is just my thoughts .

Michael Parnham
11th February 2017, 17:25
To me £160 +£12.50 +£10= £182.50 each month on something that sits there mainly is a complete waste of time , But hey dont it look good,
Again i must add this is just my thoughts .

It's sat there waiting to go, it can't be surrended until half the total amount is paid hence two more payments to pay then it can go because I don't need it nowhere to go because don't know anyone:cwm25:

stevewool
11th February 2017, 18:04
It's sat there waiting to go, it can't be surrended until half the total amount is paid hence two more payments to pay then it can go because I don't need it nowhere to go because don't know anyone:cwm25:

Then you can treat yourself to more luxury foods and take a ways ,think of all the goodies that you can try in the near future , get a greasy kebab first i say.

Tawi2
11th February 2017, 18:17
Fred,your outgoings are quite substantial for the PI :cwm25:

fred
11th February 2017, 18:26
Fred,your outgoings are quite substantial for the PI :cwm25:

Why?..Like I said..It is what it is...Things cost what things cost!!
I think I`m pretty Kuriput actually!

Tawi2
11th February 2017, 18:27
True,i know that,but it just seems quite a bit :cwm25: i have just worked out that SMB is san miguel beer?

fred
11th February 2017, 18:34
True,i know that,but it just seems quite a bit :cwm25: i have just worked out that SMB is san miguel beer?

So what bit or bits do you think I`m being extravagant with?
SMB for example is based on one case per week...Most of the guys I know order 4 cases a week!!

Tawi2
11th February 2017, 18:37
I never used the word extravegant mate,that implies wastage,i said substaintial as in they seemed like a lot to me.

Tawi2
11th February 2017, 18:38
And i didnt initially understand what SMB meant.

fred
11th February 2017, 18:43
I never used the word extravegant mate,that implies wastage,i said substaintial as in they seemed like a lot to me.

Hey..No worries.
A lot of people may easily get confused in the differences in costs of living between,single people, married people,and married people with kids.
It`s easily done.

Tawi2
11th February 2017, 18:46
Thats true,i only have me and my kid :smile:

stevewool
11th February 2017, 20:10
Feeding a family is hard , feeding one is easy you just buy what you want and eat it over a few days , you can make do if you are looking after yourself, cereal for dinner , left over dinner for breakfast, ""hang about that is what Ems tries to feed me somedays".
Years ago we spent so much on food and why , well i was not bothered what it cost that was the wives job, now i shop with Ems or by myself and i look what we can have for the week and also the price .

stevewool
11th February 2017, 20:11
And i didnt initially understand what SMB meant.

You are not alone ,

stevewool
11th February 2017, 20:12
Why?..Like I said..It is what it is...Things cost what things cost!!
I think I`m pretty Kuriput actually!

Most folk think i am Kuriput, i just say i am careful.

SimonH
12th February 2017, 00:13
Over here the bills are roughly

Food 20k
Beer 8k
Electric 2.5k
Water 1.5k
Shey's money for family clothing etc 25k
Petrol 5k
Domestic help 5k

Think that's about it

Michael Parnham
12th February 2017, 00:46
Question, why do they have helpers in the Philippines?:Erm:

Michael Parnham
12th February 2017, 01:09
Then you can treat yourself to more luxury foods and take a ways ,think of all the goodies that you can try in the near future , get a greasy kebab first i say.

I don't want any luxury food, I only buy what I need then I can afford what I want:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
12th February 2017, 03:20

Because they can.

SimonH
12th February 2017, 06:47

I'd rather pay someone to cook me nice meals and clean my house than have a new car sat on the drive that I don't use ;)

fred
12th February 2017, 07:24
I'd rather pay someone to cook me nice meals and clean my house than have a new car sat on the drive that I don't use ;)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
12th February 2017, 10:57

It gives someone a job so they can feed there own family, plus if the mum and dad work they need someone to help with the kids , meals , washing and security too as there is someone they trust in the house.

fred
12th February 2017, 12:57
It gives someone a job so they can feed there own family, plus if the mum and dad work they need someone to help with the kids , meals , washing and security too as there is someone they trust in the house.

That`s very true Steve..
We get very good value from the people we employ and in turn they get good value from us..
The few people that we employ, trust and respect us as we do them..It`s taken a good few years to get to that point but here we are..
They are almost the same as family to us now.
In the last 10 years,I have learned a lot about how to treat people and how that ,in turn gets us the same type of amicable respect and treatment from them.
Life is one big learning curve...I am well up for learning much more during the next ten!!

stevewool
12th February 2017, 17:49
Thanks for the rep Fred,
My sister in law has helpers , and when we first went over to the phils i met this lady, she did work hard for the family, washing cloths shopping cooking and just generally cleaning up after everyone.
I could not understand it at first , why could the kids not just move there plate of the table or move there cloths themselves, in my eyes they was just lazy and may i add they are still but thats down to how they are brought up.
They have been through many helpers now and i think they have family members helping out now.

fred
13th February 2017, 00:45
Thanks for the rep Fred,
My sister in law has helpers , and when we first went over to the phils i met this lady, she did work hard for the family, washing cloths shopping cooking and just generally cleaning up after everyone.
I could not understand it at first , why could the kids not just move there plate of the table or move there cloths themselves, in my eyes they was just lazy and may i add they are still but thats down to how they are brought up.
They have been through many helpers now and i think they have family members helping out now.

Yeah Steve,I know the type of family you mean..NOT IN MY HOUSE!! lol.
My lot get stuck in with the washing up and they cook too..Thing is,the schooling system here creates a crazy long day..They leave the house at 7.30 AM and not back till around 7.30 PM and then they are researching and doing more school stuff at home..
The Mrs gets me to take her to the construction site just about every day ,other wise the workers go on a go slow..
So yeah..We need a little help lol!!
Also nice to come home to a clean house and garden!
Thanks for rep Rosie!!

SimonH
13th February 2017, 02:19
I agree with both Fred and Steve on this. We have a maid, but she lives in with her daughter and treated as part of the family. We all eat the same food and we all eat together.
If I fancy something different then I do the cooking for all of us, and obviously I'm in charge of the BBQ :)
Everyone knows to clear up after themselves and the 2 girls play together and tidy their toys away together, none of this leaving it for someone else to do.

Arthur Little
13th February 2017, 04:12
I don't want any luxury food, I only buy what I need then I can afford what I want. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

There is NOTHING wrong with sticking to your principles ... indeed, it's admirable, Michael. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th February 2017, 04:37
In the last 10 years, I have learned a lot about how to treat people and how that, in turn, gets us the same type of amicable respect and treatment from them.
Life is one big learning curve...I am well up for learning much more during the next ten!!

Can some of our members, who - in order to avoid causing any undue offence - shall remain nameless (you'll know who you are!) please, :please: "take a leaf out of Fred's book", by treating their fellows (again you'll know to whom I'm referring) with mutual respect ... :68711_thanx:

stevewool
13th February 2017, 08:56
As a open forum and lots of questions being asked and other people coming along and maybe giving there opinion some folk may take things the wrong way and take offence.
Lots of answers are given i do try to always say this is my thoughts only in what i am saying.
In my case i do respect everyone on the forum i may not agree with what they have to say and i try not to get involved in what they are asking too, but if they venture into a open thread then a reply may come along.
Are we talking about the open forum or personal messages to other members here.
As you have mentioned Fred's comment , respect and maybe they may respect you back, and life is one big learning curve , well i am still learning ,

Tawi2
13th February 2017, 10:17
life is one big learning curve
AKA every day is a schoolday :wink:

SimonH
13th February 2017, 10:23
All out for a meal tonight at the local steak house, house keeper and daughter included as they're part of the family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
13th February 2017, 11:59
All out for a meal tonight at the local steak house, house keeper and daughter included as they're part of the family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Can I be part of your family too

SimonH
13th February 2017, 12:23
Can I be part of your family too

Anytime, I need someone to clean the car :biggrin:

fred
13th February 2017, 13:03
And when you have finished cleaning Simon`s car you can come and do mine.. Free food !

stevewool
13th February 2017, 13:46
Anytime, I need someone to clean the car :biggrin:

I will clean what you tell me to for steak.

stevewool
13th February 2017, 13:51
And when you have finished cleaning Simon`s car you can come and do mine.. Free food !

Fred I would clean and paint and general DIY, but will I get free accomadation to go with that food,

Arthur Little
13th February 2017, 16:15
Are we talking about the open forum or personal messages to other members here?

....................................... :yeahthat:'s right - as a Moderator - I trawl around the open forum reading ALL posts on a daily basis, and [very occasionally] come across threads such as this one ... and also ANOTHER recent example, in particular, viz:-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/60365-Prices-are-going-up

... where [some] folk [appear to me :cwm25:] to be ... :anerikke: ... perhaps unwittingly "taking a rise" out of certain others' opinions.

stevewool
13th February 2017, 19:39
We all have a opinion and most of the time it's the wrong one in others eyes, but who is right and who is wrong, like I have said it's a open forum, if you don't want anyone to comment on things don't put them on.

fred
13th February 2017, 20:26
Fred I would clean and paint and general DIY, but will I get free accomadation to go with that food,

I`d love that Steve..Problem is,her in doors would sack me and I`d lose my beer allowance.

stevewool
13th February 2017, 20:53
I`d love that Steve..Problem is,her in doors would sack me and I`d lose my beer allowance.

Well next time we are over i may take a look and see how much there is to clean and maybe i shall buy your beer,

fred
13th February 2017, 20:59
Well next time we are over i may take a look and see how much there is to clean and maybe i shall buy your beer,

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
13th February 2017, 23:22
Back on topic:

(Per month) ...

Food = £80

By direct debit:

Gas =£10

Electric = £15

Water = £8

TV Licence = £12

BT Broadband... up to 50megs, unlimited use. = £30, including landline.

I don't top up my mobile phones. I don't need any additional TV services.

Note: I had a water meter installed immediately after taking tenancy of this OAP bungalow, plus I have an energy 'smart meter'.

I have neither rent nor council tax to pay, because I'm on state pension only. I don't smoke or drink alcohol. I don't run a car.

I travel free on buses.

Everything in my home is 'paid for'. :smile:

stevewool
14th February 2017, 07:27
Back on topic:

(Per month) ...

Food = £80

By direct debit:

Gas =£10

Electric = £15

Water = £8

TV Licence = £12

BT Broadband... up to 50megs, unlimited use. = £30, including landline.

I don't top up my mobile phones. I don't need any additional TV services.

Note: I had a water meter installed immediately after taking tenancy of this OAP bungalow, plus I have an energy 'smart meter'.

I have neither rent nor council tax to pay, because I'm on state pension only. I don't smoke or drink alcohol. I don't run a car.

I travel free on buses.

Everything in my home is 'paid for'. :smile:

Your water bill is amazing, is that because you are on a meter, plus your gas and electric may you pay a little extra at the end of the year or does that cover all your needs .

grahamw48
14th February 2017, 23:40
I am on a meter, then I pay for what I actually use... not what the water people would charge a whole family for, if I was not on a meter. It costs nothing to have a water meter installed, and they can't refuse unless it would be an impossibly difficult installation... so no-brainer really.

Don't forget, I'm absent from the country for 3 or 4 months each year.

My gas and electric are as agreed between me and British Gas, after looking at my previous use. They originally were charging me about 50 quid a month and I was building up large credits. Better in my bank than theirs !

I am just careful with all of my spending, so I can afford to go abroad and to support my family there. I don't particularly feel that I'm lacking anything. I just don't waste money on stuff I don't need... like new computers, phones, cars, etc etc every year.

Michael Parnham
15th February 2017, 07:23
I am on a meter, then I pay for what I actually use... not what the water people would charge a whole family for, if I was not on a meter. It costs nothing to have a water meter installed, and they can't refuse unless it would be an impossibly difficult installation... so no-brainer really.

Don't forget, I'm absent from the country for 3 or 4 months each year.

My gas and electric are as agreed between me and British Gas, after looking at my previous use. They originally were charging me about 50 quid a month and I was building up large credits. Better in my bank than theirs !

I am just careful with all of my spending, so I can afford to go abroad and to support my family there. I don't particularly feel that I'm lacking anything. I just don't waste money on stuff I don't need... like new computers, phones, cars, etc etc every year.

Good post and nice to have you back Graham:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
19th February 2017, 09:02
This weeks shopping, orange Juice 1.65, tin of rice pudding 0.39, tin of plum tomatoes 0.34 tin of stewed steak 1.79 olive spread (butter) 0.79 milk chocolate bar 0.85 oranges 0.69 digestive biscuits 0.31 rich tea biscuits 0.29 pork belly slices 2.29 two wholemeal loaves 0.90 bramley apple pies 0.69 Total= 10.98:smile:

SimonH
19th February 2017, 09:13
This weeks shopping, orange Juice 1.65, tin of rice pudding 0.39, tin of plum tomatoes 0.34 tin of stewed steak 1.79 olive spread (butter) 0.79 milk chocolate bar 0.85 oranges 0.69 digestive biscuits 0.31 rich tea biscuits 0.29 pork belly slices 2.29 two wholemeal loaves 0.90 bramley apple pies 0.69 Total= 10.98:smile:
What on earth is tinned stewed steak :omg:
No veg, potatoes etc I can only see 2 very poor meals there, how can survive on that for a week :Erm:

Michael Parnham
19th February 2017, 10:09
No veg, potatoes etc I can only see 2 very poor meals there, how can survive on that for a week :Erm:

Got my veg ect last week that will last me two weeks, look in 'Prices are going up' thread!

stevewool
19th February 2017, 10:45

Again well done for trying to keep to your budget.
When i started this thread about things going up and our bills , i was looking at my bills for the family household.
Yes many have told us of there bills for there family too and i think most have gone up , maybe not by much.
A family shopping for there goods today compared to last year will see a difference and i am sure we have changed our ways and are using different shops too.
But you Michael are just buying food for yourself and not your family, so if you add what your wifey pays out each month to support her and her family the cost would rise considerably, just like our bills for our family.
Just be careful with you shopping bill Michael you have gone over budget twice now, and thats nearly 10%.
Plus i must say your shopping list of goodies is not my cup of tea, except the chocolate bar, digestives,rich tea and apple pies, you do seem to have a sweet tooth.
Again i must add this is just my opinion and thoughts about this on this open forum.

stevewool
19th February 2017, 11:35

As the name says ,
When we was living at home as kids we had this and if you put a pie crust on top of this it did make a nice so called meat pie , the days when we could not afford meat for the whole family,but just for dad .
Now days think of CHAPPIE if you can remember that

Tawi2
19th February 2017, 11:52
Chappie was dog food :cwm25: my sis spends a fortune on her dog and cat,but chappie is a thing of the past,its BARF diet or sachets of meat/jelly mix nowadays :smile:

stevewool
19th February 2017, 12:07
Chappie was dog food :cwm25: my sis spends a fortune on her dog and cat,but chappie is a thing of the past,its BARF diet or sachets of meat/jelly mix nowadays :smile:

We had dogs in our house all the time when one was old it went out that day and a new one turned up.
Chappie was the dog food, it stunk rotten is all i can remember , yellow tins they was.
My bro has this dog and its feed dry foods

SimonH
19th February 2017, 12:09
Good boy Michael :icon_lol:

Longweekend
19th February 2017, 12:09
Our dog tended to eat what we ate, well the leftovers anyway...

stevewool
19th February 2017, 12:10
Good boy Michael :icon_lol:

Thats ruff

Longweekend
19th February 2017, 12:14
Right talking of food I'm off to the Chinese wholesalers in Stoke for supplies, I guarantee I will blow Michael's 3 x month budget in one.....

SimonH
19th February 2017, 12:20
Right talking of food I'm off to the Chinese wholesalers in Stoke for supplies, I guarantee I will blow Michael's 3 x month budget in one.....

You mad extavagant fool, what about your 4K tv :Rasp:

Terpe
19th February 2017, 15:15
Had a half decent Balti the other night.
Bought a jar of Balti sauce from M&S and garlic Naan bread from Shopwise.
Added some extra spices and we wolfed it down between us.
Not bad at all

These little 'treats' are not exactly cheap.
But they do satisfy cravings

stevewool
19th February 2017, 15:53

Off to Stoke and here is me thinking you live in the stock broker belt in Cheshire,
I now could call you neighbour :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
19th February 2017, 15:57
Had a half decent Balti the other night.
Bought a jar of Balti sauce from M&S and garlic Naan bread from Shopwise.
Added some extra spices and we wolfed it down between us.
Not bad at all

These little 'treats' are not exactly cheap.
But they do satisfy cravings

Last night grilled trout with smashed potatoes with broccoli and a home made sauce. followed by ice cream

Arthur Little
19th February 2017, 16:04
What on earth is tinned stewed steak? :omg:

As the name says ...

... Nowadays think of CHAPPIE if you can remember that

:yeahthat:'s what I would've said ... :puppykisses: dog meat! :vomit-smiley-011:

stevewool
19th February 2017, 16:26
Walking around Farm foods the other day and there on the shelves was Fray Bentos steak pies.
I remember these when i was a kid and if i was lucky i could scrape the tin , in those days this was the best pastry i had ever tasted.
Can anyone remember those chicken dinners that your brought complete, they was in a foil tin thing with separate sections for your veg and potatoes and meat.
You just put it into the oven to heat, again in my childhood days .

Michael Parnham
19th February 2017, 16:33
There's nothing wrong with normal English meals, breakfast today scrambled egg on toast, and dinner today will be cauliflower cheese with new potatoes, tomorrows breakfast 1 rasher of bacon 1 egg + 2 slices of bread and dinner will be toad in the hole with potatoes and veg, what's wrong with that? good normal food, doesn't anyone eat good normal English meals?:Erm:

Tawi2
19th February 2017, 16:40
i just eat yoghurt and fruit with baked potato and muesli and granola,stuff like that,nothing wrong with brit food though :smile: i remember those frey bentos pies,we used to get a christmas hamper and there was always a couple in,they tasted like heaven when we were skinny little kids.

Longweekend
19th February 2017, 16:48
You can still buy them....

stevewool
19th February 2017, 17:05
There's nothing wrong with normal English meals, breakfast today scrambled egg on toast, and dinner today will be cauliflower cheese with new potatoes, tomorrows breakfast 1 rasher of bacon 1 egg + 2 slices of bread and dinner will be toad in the hole with potatoes and veg, what's wrong with that? good normal food, doesn't anyone eat good normal English meals?:Erm:

There is nothing wrong in any of what you mentioned at all,
But normal English food what is that in todays kitchen.
Meat and two veg, a good curry, wraps, beans on toast, Paella Rice, to me these are all good dishes to eat

stevewool
19th February 2017, 17:23
You can still buy them....

Yes you can and the pudding shape ones too.

stevewool
19th February 2017, 17:28
I must admit my meals and what i eat have changed so much since Emma has walked into my kitchen, and its all for the better too.
English food as we call it can be boring , and by adding salt and even pepper its still the same in my eyes.
The dishes that i eat , the taste the colour is just amazing and so says my family too, i am such a lucky person and fat too:icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
19th February 2017, 18:00
Those Fray Bentos pie's are lovely I have one now and again, one of those is a dinner for me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
19th February 2017, 18:09
There is nothing wrong in any of what you mentioned at all,
But normal English food what is that in todays kitchen.
Meat and two veg, a good curry, wraps, beans on toast, Paella Rice, to me these are all good dishes to eat

You must have a Yorkshire pudding with meat and four veg, baked beans, forgot about them must have beans on toast for breakfast Wednesday, yummy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
19th February 2017, 18:19
You must have a Yorkshire pudding with meat and four veg, baked beans, forgot about them must have beans on toast for breakfast Wednesday, yummy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Get a good chilli cooking then throw that tin of beans in there , it thickens it up and then the first day, chilli with rice, the next chilli with jacket potato, if any left chilli with chips , you could even make a large yorkshire pud and then fill that with chilli too,

SimonH
20th February 2017, 00:18

Thought you said you had a traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings. I'd hardly call cauliflower cheese with new potatoes a Sunday roast :Erm:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 03:18

Sorry Michael but I must be missing some thing here. In the last 2 weeks shopping you have bought 1 pack of streaky bacon, pork belly slices and some tinned stewing steak.
Where's your traditional English food, rump steak, lamb, fish and chips etc?

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 07:32
Thought you said you had a traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings. I'd hardly call cauliflower cheese with new potatoes a Sunday roast :Erm:

My Sunday roast as you call it I have any day because every day is Sunday to me hence I have it on as many days as I want:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 07:36
Sorry Michael but I must be missing some thing here. In the last 2 weeks shopping you have bought 1 pack of streaky bacon, pork belly slices and some tinned stewing steak.
Where's your traditional English food, rump steak, lamb, fish and chips etc?

Have Fish and chips approx. twice a year also never had rump steak but do buy lamb sometimes and have liver three or four times a month, I would like to know what you eat in a day:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 07:37
My Sunday roast as you call it I have any day because every day is Sunday to me Hence I have it on as many days as I want:xxgrinning--00xx3:

What is it this week :)

SimonH
20th February 2017, 07:40
Have Fish and chips approx. twice a year also never had rump steak but do buy lamb sometimes and liver three or four times a month, I would like to know what you eat in a day:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Breakfast was 3 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs with toast and coffee.

Lunch was Thai green curry with rice.

Tonight is rump steak on the BBQ with salad and a few more beers.

SimonH
20th February 2017, 07:42
Have Fish and chips approx. twice a year also never had rump steak but do buy lamb sometimes and liver three or four times a month, I would like to know what you eat in a day:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your idea of traditional English food sounds like something my grandparents would survive on during the war :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 07:42
What is it this week :)
What is what? this week:Erm:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 07:43
What is what? this week:Erm:

Your Sunday roast

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 07:52
Your idea of traditional English food sounds like something my grandparents would survive on during the war :icon_lol:

Exactly, that's where I learnt what food to eat, I liked it so have stuck to it apart from the Tripe and onions with mashed potatoes because the nearest place to get tripe is Barnsley Market, I am not adventurous with food, lots of food people eat these days I've never tried, I was taught how to cook from three years old and I can assure anyone on this Forum I can cook a mean dinner. I'll tell you what if anyone on her can tell me the correct way to boil a soft boiled egg I will give the first correct answer a rep:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 08:03
Exactly, that's where I learnt what food to eat, I liked it so have stuck to it apart from the Tripe and onions with mashed potatoes because the nearest place to get tripe is Barnsley Market, I am not adventurous with food, lots of food people eat these days I've never tried, I was taught how to cook from three years old and I can assure anyone on this Forum I can cook a mean dinner. I'll tell you what if anyone on her can tell me the correct way to boil a soft boiled egg I will give the first correct answer a rep:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Garçon, je voudrais in ouef a la coque, s'il vous plait.

Or bring water to the boil, reduce heat until simmering, lower egg or eggs in one at a time and simmer just under boiling for 6 minutes. Remove and place in iced water for a few seconds

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 08:10

Too much bacon for me also couldn't manage two eggs unless they were scrambled, the toast would be another breakfast, but sounds nice, why do you eat two dinners in a day? I have breakfast then a little snack at lunch and my dinner in the evening, never eat after that also never eat between meals otherwise I'll have to miss a meal because I wont feel hungry, also as a child I was also taught never eat between meals:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 08:11

Or bring water to the boil, reduce heat until simmering, lower egg or eggs in one at a time and simmer just under boiling for 6 minutes. Remove and place in iced water for a few seconds

Definitely wrong:NoNo:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 08:16
Too much bacon for me also couldn't manage two eggs unless they were scrambled, the toast would be another breakfast, but sounds nice, why do you eat two dinners in a day? I have breakfast then a little snack at lunch and my dinner in the evening, never eat after that also never eat between meals otherwise I'll have to miss a meal because I wont feel hungry, also as a child I was also taught never eat between meals:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lunch was left over curry from last night, everyone knows curry tastes better the next day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Breakfast was at 9 after I'd been to the market to stock up on fresh meat and veg.

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 08:22
Lunch was left over curry from last night, everyone knows curry tastes better the next day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Breakfast was at 9 after I'd been to the market to stock up on fresh meat and veg.
I'll be interested who will get the boiling an egg correct, I'm looking forward to the answers of Mick, Graham and Arthur my bet is one of them at least will get it right and thinking about it Doc Alan and Peter, hope they see this post and have a go:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 08:39
I'll be interested who will get the boiling an egg correct, I'm looking forward to the answers of Mick, Graham and Arthur my bet is one of them at least will get it right and thinking about it Doc Alan and Peter, hope they see this post and have a go:xxgrinning--00xx3:

They always turn out ok the way I order them, if not I just send them back :laugher:

Doing them at home, if I'm doing a lot I just stick them in the steam oven :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th February 2017, 08:41

My god, you have gone Filipino,
3 rashers , :yikes: 2 eggs :yikes: and i dare not ask how much toast,
Some members here could last 3 or more days on that amount of food ,
Eat today tomorrow will take care of its self mentality you have .

What have you left to get you by,DRIPPIN :doh

stevewool
20th February 2017, 08:42

That's my thoughts too, but a little too much salt

stevewool
20th February 2017, 08:46
I was taught how to cook from three years old and I can assure anyone on this Forum I can cook a mean dinner.

Well i would NEVER EVER let my children or grand child near a hot cooker or a hot surface or boiling water at that age :doh,
And again i must add this is just my thoughts about this , but i am sure i am not alone

stevewool
20th February 2017, 08:48

First thing first here, how would you like it , hard boiled or soft boiled,
So your way of boiling a egg could be wrong for others to like,
I like my egg as it comes simple as that, so really there is no right way or round way

Just like to add my way to boil a egg,
Get yourself a partner, teat her well and let her boil that egg for you, its better too if they are just wearing that pinny :hubbahubba:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 09:02

Tomorrow's meals are cancelled, we'll be eating out all day lol

Just had a call from the car hire company and they're coming to swap my car again. Paid for a Toyota Corolla but they upgraded me to a Camry, now they're taking that back and giving me a Ford Everest :biggrin:

Good timing as we're all off to the zoo and then the sea side tomorrow :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 09:02

Just had a call from the car hire company and they're coming to swap my car again. Paid for a Toyota Corolla but they upgraded me to a Camry, now they're taking that back and giving me a Ford Everest :biggrin:

Good timing as we're all off to the zoo and then the sea side tomorrow :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th February 2017, 09:03

Most of us like to try different things in life and this includes foods too.
Emma will cook me something she loves , i will try it but sometimes its just to much, so what does she and i do, she makes it a little bit different for my taste and then she makes it for her taste too.
Its called sharing and trying other things .
Now i know of some folk who would never ever try anything from France why you may ask, the WAR, there choice.
Some folk never have a German car why, the WAR.
Time for a change i use to tell them but they would not listen.
Yes you are a different person to many Michael and liking the same things for 70+ years.
MY GOD, i am turning into Michael i have had my Toyota 18 years and i like that too:doh

stevewool
20th February 2017, 09:05

BOOM, BOOM ,BOOM, there goes your weekly budget,
You must have a secret stash or not telling us the truth about your budget.:biggrin:

stevewool
20th February 2017, 09:09

That is when its at its best, just like stew and home made soups and chilli too. chips don't taste the same though, even when you try to microwave them :Erm:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 09:15
BOOM, BOOM ,BOOM, there goes your weekly budget,
You must have a secret stash or not telling us the truth about your budget.:biggrin:

You can't include spontaneous days out in the budget my friend. I recon tomorrow will cost about 4000p and that includes 3 adult admissions to the zoo at 700p each. House keeper and her daughter coming too as they're treated as part of the family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th February 2017, 09:23
You can't include spontaneous days out in the budget my friend. I recon tomorrow will cost about 4000p and that includes 3 adult admissions to the zoo at 700p each. House keeper and her daughter coming too as they're treated as part of the family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sounds like a great day is going to happen.
You are right spontaneous days like this is just that, " lets go here , lets go there".
Having that savings makes days like these happen,
Just another 20+ pay days , so excited i am

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 09:26
Every day has spontaneity :biggrin: which zoo you going to simon?I always try to visit the zoo of whatever city i am in :smile: I never forget when i went to Manila zoo,can you tell me where the tamaraw is please?Sorry sir it died sir!Oh,thats a shame,can you tell me where the philippine eagle is please?Sorry sir it died sir!It was like a bad monty python sketch :laugher:

Longweekend
20th February 2017, 09:30
Which sea side are you going to visit?

stevewool
20th February 2017, 09:33
Which sea side are you going to visit?

Emma will not go to skegness, to posh i think she is now

stevewool
20th February 2017, 09:34
Every day has spontaneity :biggrin: which zoo you going to simon?I always try to visit the zoo of whatever city i am in :smile: I never forget when i went to Manila zoo,can you tell me where the tamaraw is please?Sorry sir it died sir!Oh,thats a shame,can you tell me where the philippine eagle is please?Sorry sir it died sir!It was like a bad monty python sketch :laugher:

I was asking Emma about the zoo in Manila, and she has never been to it even though she past it everyday.

SimonH
20th February 2017, 09:35
Going to zootopia in Subic and will then find a beach near by. Going to set off early so we can spend the morning at the zoo then hit the beach for lunch and early afternoon.

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 09:37
Oh?Zootopia sounds nice,havent been there before,thought i did chat to a guy who's kids swam with dolphins at some sort of marine zoo near subic,enjoy your day.

SimonH
20th February 2017, 09:53
Sorry guys it's not zootopia it's called zoobic, presume because it's a zoo in Subic :Erm:

http://www.zoobic.com.ph/

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 09:54
I was taught how to cook from three years old and I can assure anyone on this Forum I can cook a mean dinner.

Well i would NEVER EVER let my children or grand child near a hot cooker or a hot surface or boiling water at that age :doh,
And again i must add this is just my thoughts about this , but i am sure i am not alone
Never had a cooker in those days, the oven was built in the fireplace and we had 1 gas ring in the kitchen, was also taught how to use a flat iron:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 09:57
Never had a cooker in those days, the oven was built in the fireplace and we had 1 gas ring in the kitchen, was also taught how to use a flat iron:xxgrinning--00xx3:
You had a black leaden range like my grandmother did then :wink:
Simon that zoo looks fun,i like the bus surrounded by tigers :icon_lol:

SimonH
20th February 2017, 10:05
Sounds like that flat iron was used round the back of your head every time you asked for more food :icon_lol:

Please sir, I want some more :please: :please:

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 10:05
I learned how to boil eggs from my Grandma or Nan as I used to call her, and Britains first TV chef Philip Harben demonstrated how to boil a soft boiled egg in exactly the same way my Nan taught me I used to watch his TV show in the late 40's early 50's in the coop electrical department on a 10" TV they were demonstrating (the picture always appeared to look blue) does anyone else remember those days?:Erm:

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 10:09
You had a black leaden range like my grandmother did then :wink:
Simon that zoo looks fun,i like the bus surrounded by tigers :icon_lol:
Yes and I was the one who had to black it sometimes:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th February 2017, 10:34

Makes no difference at all, any 3 year old doing what you say is a big no no for me.

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 10:35
Yes and I was the one who had to black it sometimes:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I remember my grandfather making a toasting fork in the shipyards he worked at,and using it to make us toast on the fire part,and the doors on the sides being opened to put food in,hazy memories though as i was very small.

stevewool
20th February 2017, 10:40
:sexy_146::sexy_146::sexy_146:
I learned how to boil eggs from my Grandma or Nan as I used to call her, and Britains first TV chef Philip Harben demonstrated how to boil a soft boiled egg in exactly the same way my Nan taught me I used to watch his TV show in the late 40's early 50's in the coop electrical department on a 10" TV they were demonstrating (the picture always appeared to look blue) does anyone else remember those days?:Erm:

Have you thought ,they could be wrong, so that means you are wrong too.after so many years of doing something the same way, it can turn out you been doing it wrong.
Just like Making love everyday some people say they do that, but to others it's call having a w_ _ k.sorry I could not find the symbol.

Longweekend
20th February 2017, 10:44
Sorry guys it's not zootopia it's called zoobic, presume because it's a zoo in Subic :Erm:

http://www.zoobic.com.ph/

Baloy beach could be good for you, there are plenty of decent bars and restaurants......

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 14:51
I remember my grandfather making a toasting fork in the shipyards he worked at,and using it to make us toast on the fire part,and the doors on the sides being opened to put food in,hazy memories though as i was very small.

Toast and dripping yummy, you've made me hungry now:hubbahubba:

stevewool
20th February 2017, 15:32

We use to get a fork and bend over some of the teeth to stop the toast from falling into the fire, and if it did we would try to swap it with your brother's

Terpe
20th February 2017, 15:41
We use to get a fork and bend over some of the teeth to stop the toast from falling into the fire, and if it did we would try to swap it with your brother's

I remember my dad made quite an ornate large brass toasting fork.
We used it to toast crumpets on the fire.

Lovely......:hubbahubba:

fred
20th February 2017, 15:51
Thank you guys for making me feel young again.

stevewool
20th February 2017, 15:51
I remember my dad made quite an ornate large brass toasting fork.
We used it to toast crumpets on the fire.

Lovely......:hubbahubba:

Yes lovely indeed. We use to buy ( don't know how to spell it ). Pie cluts????. And toast them when we was kids.
Going back to the fork and bent teeth,. We use to hold it for as long as we could until it was just to hot, then we would pull out jumpers over our hands and try again.
One day my brother had his new knitted jumper on what mum made, but it was this new nylon stuff she used , the sleeve melted to the shape of his hand,
Those was the days

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 20:24
I remember pulling my jumper over to stop my hands burning,and the toast falling in the fire at times but we still ate it,nowt went to waste in those days,we camped out once,shot some blackbirds with our catapults,plucked and gutted them and cooked them wrapped in dock leaves in the ashes of the fire,they tasted crap but we ate them just the same.

Michael Parnham
20th February 2017, 20:43
Yes lovely indeed. We use to buy ( don't know how to spell it ). Pie cluts????. And toast them when we was kids.
Going back to the fork and bent teeth,. We use to hold it for as long as we could until it was just to hot, then we would pull out jumpers over our hands and try again.
One day my brother had his new knitted jumper on what mum made, but it was this new nylon stuff she used , the sleeve melted to the shape of his hand,
Those was the days

Love Pikelets too still have them occasionally:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th February 2017, 21:22
I remember pulling my jumper over to stop my hands burning,and the toast falling in the fire at times but we still ate it,nowt went to waste in those days,we camped out once,shot some blackbirds with our catapults,plucked and gutted them and cooked them wrapped in dock leaves in the ashes of the fire,they tasted crap but we ate them just the same.

Dock leaves , my god this is better then Robinson Crusoe

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 21:25
Dock leaves always had a threefold purpose in life,ease nettle stings,bush toilet paper,and make do cooking foil.

stevewool
20th February 2017, 21:32
Dock leaves always had a threefold purpose in life,ease nettle stings,bush toilet paper,and make do cooking foil.

Yes indeed the dreaded nettles and bog paper too, but how many times did your finger go though it.
When we used to go on our Sunday walks down the local canal trying to catch newts and frogs , then tree climbing making dens and everything else, making a fire and throwing potatoes on to eat later, no matter how long they was on for and no matter how black the skin was, it was still hard as nails inside and horrible too.

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 21:37
Yup,we ate fire black raw potatos,caught newts and frogs and slow worms,and used to go ferreting for rabbits and rats,and shoot pheasants at night with our airguns then i got an old .410 shotgun when i was 14,it was a folding double barrel poachers gun,used to get ducks,partridge,even hares with that,i was a terror :cwm25:

stevewool
20th February 2017, 21:47
Yup,we ate fire black raw potatos,caught newts and frogs and slow worms,and used to go ferreting for rabbits and rats,and shoot pheasants at night with our airguns then i got an old .410 shotgun when i was 14,it was a folding double barrel poachers gun,used to get ducks,partridge,even hares with that,i was a terror :cwm25:

Amazing times, and fun times with your mates, swimming in the canals and gravel pits even open rivers down rapids, we got some tractor inna tubes and use to float down the river for miles .
If i new my kids was doing this now i would have a fit.

Tawi2
20th February 2017, 22:29
Kids need a bit of freedom to find out what and who they are,but we live in different times nowadays,some very strange people around,so kids cant wander the streets with their mates or kick around in woods for fear of meeting a stranger or someone who didnt have their best interests at heart.

fred
20th February 2017, 22:46
Amazing times, and fun times with your mates, swimming in the canals and gravel pits even open rivers down rapids, we got some tractor inna tubes and use to float down the river for miles .
If i new my kids was doing this now i would have a fit.

We used to muck about in the high speed train tunnels in Hertfordshire..Some seemed to go for miles..
We thought there was a good possibility that we would get sucked through them if a fast train came through.. Still didnt stop us..
Never did tell Mum.

stevewool
21st February 2017, 09:30
My bill for Aldi was just over£42.
Lots of ice cream , lots of fruit, juice, and 3 Pack's of migit gems and 2 packs of wine gums and 2 packs of fruit pastels, a few packs of biscuits and so on.
But the most expensive item coming in at £2.45 P, was foil but we needed it, my budget was blown, but we are like kings,

stevewool
23rd February 2017, 08:33
Back to the budget and my fav shop at the moment ALDI,
We brought some prepack smokey cheese the other day , this had 12 slices of cheese in the pack, we usually buy either Edam or gouda packs.
And what a very nice tasting cheese i thought this was, and if you put this on there super seeded bread too well its a ice change.

stevewool
23rd February 2017, 09:16
BOOM , there goes the budget, for many who has been following this.
Now they are saying we must eat 10 portions of fruit and veg per day, now for some folk on a budget that may be hard and i am sure the supermarkets and veg shops will be jumping on this and maybe putting the prices up.
My god what shall we do you may ask, dont worry i may have the answer.
ALDI, yes Aldi ,
A tin of there cheap fruit cocktail , different fruits inside and if you are lucky there may be something that looks like a cherry too.
Packs of vegetable stew packs again different sorts inside these packs .
We all may be spending a little more now but we all shall live longer and poorer if you have no more i that budget to spare for food.
But again i am here to give advice.
Each evening go to your local supermarket and look inside there skips , i am sure you will find your 10 a day in there plus a little mold does not hurt, "just shut your eyes and swallow", OOPS that last little bit is about something else :biggrin:

Tawi2
23rd February 2017, 09:25
Freeganism or as the americans call it dumpster diving,supermarkets individual large tesco waste tons,genuine tons of food each and every year X's that by each large tesco,M&S,Waitrose etc all over the country it will be truly frightning how much food we waste as a country each year,i waste nothing,zilch,its how i was brought up,always leave a clean plate,but its incredible how much we waste when we have just pledged to give £100 million in foreign aid to somalia and sudan as well as whatever we already give them,whens the flow going to reverse and countries give us foreign aid,this morning theres a report on TV about how many hungry children are here in the UK,how shameful is that?

Trefor
23rd February 2017, 15:17
BOOM , there goes the budget, for many who has been following this.
Now they are saying we must eat 10 portions of fruit and veg per day, now for some folk on a budget that may be hard and i am sure the supermarkets and veg shops will be jumping on this and maybe putting the prices up.
My god what shall we do you may ask, dont worry i may have the answer.
ALDI, yes Aldi ,
A tin of there cheap fruit cocktail , different fruits inside and if you are lucky there may be something that looks like a cherry too.
Packs of vegetable stew packs again different sorts inside these packs .
We all may be spending a little more now but we all shall live longer and poorer if you have no more i that budget to spare for food.
But again i am here to give advice.
Each evening go to your local supermarket and look inside there skips , i am sure you will find your 10 a day in there plus a little mold does not hurt, "just shut your eyes and swallow", OOPS that last little bit is about something else :biggrin:

Sod that. I just had a Creme Egg. Yummy. 3 for a pound in Waitrose (sorry Aldi gives me a headache with their illogical layouts and they never have everything we need, meaning we'd need to go to another supermarket anyway).

Terpe
23rd February 2017, 15:37
I often used to pop over to Market Harborough for a visit to Aldi and Lidl for some shopping.

Trefor is correct, well for me anyway. Most of the stuff I'd be looking for at Aldi would be out-of-stock or just not there. Similar with Lidl
Luckily there's a Waitrose just over the road also a Sainsburys so by hook or by crook I could always get what I wanted despite not being at bagain basement prices.

I was always a great fan of Waitrose. Some very yummy stuff.

However Aldi did have some good bargains like the remote controlled helicopter I bought for £7. Actually I bought 3 or 4 and shipped them over here.

stevewool
23rd February 2017, 15:54
Sod that. I just had a Creme Egg. Yummy. 3 for a pound in Waitrose (sorry Aldi gives me a headache with their illogical layouts and they never have everything we need, meaning we'd need to go to another supermarket anyway).

They have all I need when I go in, even a light bulb I needed , ok I had to move a few to get the one I wanted

stevewool
4th March 2017, 17:37
Water rates bill has just dropped into my mail box and yes its gone up too.
£200.40p for the year, thats gone up a whopping £7+ fro lat year, hay ho cannot grumble really.
Next mouth the council tax is due and they are saying thats going up to pay for care in the community, yer right :censored:

stevewool
4th March 2017, 17:38
Water rates bill has just dropped into my mail box and yes its gone up too.
£200.40p for the year, thats gone up a whopping £7+ from last year, hay ho cannot grumble really.
Next month the council tax is due and they are saying thats going up to pay for care in the community, yer right :censored:

Arthur Little
4th March 2017, 18:08
Next mouth the council tax is due and they are saying thats going up to pay for care in the community, yer right :censored:

Care in the community? Hmm :icon_rolleyes: ... what care? And ... :anerikke: ... how about 'Neighbourhood Watch'?

stevewool
4th March 2017, 20:58
Care in the community? Hmm :icon_rolleyes: ... what care? And ... :anerikke: ... how about 'Neighbourhood Watch'?

Its just another form of tax nothing more nothing less .

Terpe
5th March 2017, 14:40
Just had my water bill for last month............P260

The Electricty Bill will follow in the next few days. It's usually between P2000 - P2500 for a month

We had a new LPG Gas tank on October 9 2016 at a cost of P600 and it's still going. Must be almost empty but still going strong with no signs of finishing.

stevewool
5th March 2017, 17:00
Just had my water bill for last month............P260

The Electricty Bill will follow in the next few days. It's usually between P2000 - P2500 for a month

We had a new LPG Gas tank on October 9 2016 at a cost of P600 and it's still going. Must be almost empty but still going strong with no signs of finishing.

Is the electric bill just for stranded living Peter,

Terpe
5th March 2017, 17:04
Is the electric bill just for stranded living Peter,

We just never think about usage of electricty Steve. We do what we want when we want and use whatever electrical appliance we want when we want.

stevewool
5th March 2017, 17:07
We just never think about usage of electricty Steve. We do what we want when we want and use whatever electrical appliance we want when we want.

Having our home soon and the bills will be mine its good knowing what may be, i will just try to convince the family and Emma that candle light at night is more romantic.:biggrin:

stevewool
5th March 2017, 17:11
Last night we went into the local Farmfoods and the bill was a shock, even Emma had to say something.
Having been using Aldi more times now we could tell there is a difference in price compared to both shops.
Aldi will have more of our cash from now.
Look after the pennies the pounds will look after themselves.

Terpe
5th March 2017, 17:31
........ i will just try to convince the family and Emma that candle light at night is more romantic.:biggrin:

These latest LED lights are probably cheaper to buy and run than candles

fred
5th March 2017, 23:57

About a year ago we bought 2 LED lights with their own mini solar panels which we located just above them on the terrace roof..
They work fantastic.. Technology can sometimes be an amazing thing.

stevewool
6th March 2017, 16:17

Have to mention this to Emma's dad to see what is lightning the house up.

stevewool
6th March 2017, 16:18
About a year ago we bought 2 LED lights with their own mini solar panels which we located just above them on the terrace roof..
They work fantastic.. Technology can sometimes be an amazing thing.

Have to look into something like these for of roof terrace or to have hanging from there.:xxgrinning--00xx3: