PDA

View Full Version : Its still winter aint it

stevewool
10th February 2017, 07:57
Its still winter and yes its mild some days but again there is still a chill in the air.
But how many folk do you still see walking around in shorts, i have just taken Ems to work just after 6am and its snowing a little and cold, and there he was walking along the pavement coat on hat on and a bag on his back but wearing shorts.
Yes when i was young i use to wear them all the time too, but now i would rather be warm.
Many years in there future these folk may suffer from anything because of what they are doing now, but who a i to say.

Terpe
10th February 2017, 13:46
Its still winter and yes its mild some days but again there is still a chill in the air.
But how many folk do you still see walking around in shorts, i have just taken Ems to work just after 6am and its snowing a little and cold, and there he was walking along the pavement coat on hat on and a bag on his back but wearing shorts.
Yes when i was young i use to wear them all the time too, but now i would rather be warm.
Many years in there future these folk may suffer from anything because of what they are doing now, but who a i to say.

Was he a postie ?

stevewool
10th February 2017, 13:50
Was he a postie ?

Hahaha yes he was and he was not alone

Terpe
10th February 2017, 14:17
Hahaha yes he was and he was not alone

For a couple of years in our UK village our postie always wore shorts and Doc Martens boots. Not the very high boots, more like hiking boots.
Anyway he wore his shorts everyday, winter and summer whatever the weather.

He wore a turban and said he was a true Sikh.
My neighbour said he had asked him if he carried his special knife but had gotten no response at all. He said no even a smile.

He was always friendly whenever I met him and spoke with a slight brummie accent.

He certainly had a fantastic selection shorts. He was famous for them.

Longweekend
10th February 2017, 14:37
If I didn't have such a large mortgage I would happily be a Postie, out in the fresh air, early finish and good pension....:xxgrinning--00xx3: