PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Manila in July 2018

Angel1403
3rd February 2017, 23:24
Hi folks,

My Filipino wife and I will be moving to Manila in July 2018. I had planned to wait until 2019, but life is too short, so we decided to do it next year.

We will be renting a condo in Quezon City, nearby to SM North Edsa.

I would be grateful for any advice in relation to anything members would suggest we organise/do here or at the London Philippines Embasy Before we move to Manila?

Thank you in advance :D

fred
4th February 2017, 01:57
1st thing to do at the embassy is to apply for a 13a resident visa.. It can take a few months to process so do that ASAP!

Angel1403
5th February 2017, 21:07
1st thing to do at the embassy is to apply for a 13a resident visa.. It can take a few months to process so do that ASAP!

Thanks......

bigmarco
6th February 2017, 22:14
Good luck with your move angel.
I normally rent a condo behind SM North in Grass Residences when we go to Philippines as it's reasonably close to family members. They're very nice with some nice facilities but I'm not sure I could stay there on a permanent basis.

Terpe
7th February 2017, 14:56
Hi folks,

My Filipino wife and I will be moving to Manila in July 2018. I had planned to wait until 2019, but life is too short, so we decided to do it next year.

We will be renting a condo in Quezon City, nearby to SM North Edsa.

I would be grateful for any advice in relation to anything members would suggest we organise/do here or at the London Philippines Embasy Before we move to Manila?

Thank you in advance :D

How exciting.
We made our move to the Philippines in 2014 staying in Davao City for 18 months
We moved to Manila May 2016 and stayed in our Cubao condo until our Marikina had been renovated enough to move into

I too suggest you consider securing 13a Permanent Resident status before relocating. Having said that, if things don't seem like working out you can still complete the process here in Philippines and convert a Balikbayan status to 13a Probationary and then after 12 months probation to full Permanent.

I'd also suggest you consider renewing any British passports you or your wife hold so that you can have maximum time to settle here before needing to send back to UK for renewal.

Does your wife hold dual citizenship ?

How are you thinking to ship over any personal belongings ? Container ?

Good luck with your planning. It'll be interesting to follow your story.