PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to spoil the party....

soulman1949
2nd February 2017, 06:43
I hear the neighbourhood regularly hosts a party but the regulars have been complaining about how the numbers are dropping off, how the old regulars no longer attend and how it's the same old faces these days.

One day, a newcomer arrives in town. He sees a poster advertising the parties and wanting to make new friends, he turns up to the next party.

He soon realises it's just not his thing - he's not struck on some of the guests, the food isn't to his liking and he LOATHES the music, he can't stand RAP. It's not a case of wanting to be surrounded by clones of himself, but it's not enough that all they have in common is their shared neighbourhood. He gets a headache and decides to leave. It's not his party - he's not the host - so it's not up to him to dictate the music policy but he can decide whether or not to bother turning up to the next party.

At the next party, someone wonders what happened to the newcomer who came along to the last party and soon a few of the regulars are wondering what happened to the people who used to come previously. Meanwhile, the person in charge of the music continues to play more RAP at an even higher volume.

As the Beatles sang on the 1964 album "Beatles for sale"... "I don't want to spoil the party so I'll go".

Enjoy your party. Bye bye.

Alan

SimonH
2nd February 2017, 07:34
Interesting analogy, thanks.

I attend those parties, and one day a new chap came along and everyone made him feel welcome. He seemed like a thoroughly nice bloke, but no sooner had he come he started complaining about the music and food. Instead of of suggesting we try mixing it up a bit, he just told everyone the music was crap and we should all listen to his preferences.

The next week he wasn't at the party and everyone wondered who that weirdo was.

Bye bye

Slip
2nd February 2017, 08:40
OK...

Longweekend
2nd February 2017, 08:51
Bye Bye...:biggrin:

stevewool
2nd February 2017, 08:59
I hear the neighbourhood regularly hosts a party but the regulars have been complaining about how the numbers are dropping off, how the old regulars no longer attend and how it's the same old faces these days.

One day, a newcomer arrives in town. He sees a poster advertising the parties and wanting to make new friends, he turns up to the next party.

He soon realises it's just not his thing - he's not struck on some of the guests, the food isn't to his liking and he LOATHES the music, he can't stand RAP. It's not a case of wanting to be surrounded by clones of himself, but it's not enough that all they have in common is their shared neighbourhood. He gets a headache and decides to leave. It's not his party - he's not the host - so it's not up to him to dictate the music policy but he can decide whether or not to bother turning up to the next party.

At the next party, someone wonders what happened to the newcomer who came along to the last party and soon a few of the regulars are wondering what happened to the people who used to come previously. Meanwhile, the person in charge of the music continues to play more RAP at an even higher volume.

As the Beatles sang on the 1964 album "Beatles for sale"... "I don't want to spoil the party so I'll go".

Alan

It seems to do i I do and as I say or I will not be your friend, grow up and enjoy other people's views

Tawi2
2nd February 2017, 09:02
Interesting analogy, thanks.

I attend those parties, and one day a new chap came along and everyone made him feel welcome. He seemed like a thoroughly nice bloke, but no sooner had he come he started complaining abwout the music and food. Instead of of suggesting we try mixing it up a bit, he just told everyone the music was crap and we should all listen to his preferences.

The next week he wasn't at the party and everyone wondered who that weirdo was.

Bye bye
This was a far better analogy,the stranger at the party was a pretty crap parable :icon_lol:

stevewool

Alan

It seems to do i I do and as I say or I will not be your friend, grow up and enjoy other people's views

Tawi2
....I've never felt British,
maybe that was the problem at the party?

fred
2nd February 2017, 11:36
Simon got it spot on!! Well said Simon!!
Like I said earlier..Lose your temper...Lose the argument!!
BYEEEEE Soulman!!!!!
Have a nice life!

grahamw48
2nd February 2017, 12:01
Attention sought... and given.